Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 18:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/174/125 Female 4'11
BF:???
Progress: 16%
Default Anyone?

Not smoking AND low carbing?
Just curious how your weight loss is going. I started lcing and not smoking at the same time and I am happy to say that I have not gained one lb in over 8 weeks. I smoked for 16 yrs and I have tried to quit several times. This time seems to be so much easier and i am assuming it has to do with my new frame of mind. Really would like to hear from others in the same boat.
TIA,
gem...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 00:33

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Last time I did LC I tried to quit at the same time and failed at both. This time I'm going to keep smoking until I feel the need to quit or I hit my goal. I've smoked for over 35 yrs.

Good luck with it and let us know how you're doing! So far, great!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 10:40
overeasy

Plan: No grains/sugar/alcohol
Stats: 221/175.4/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I decided to lose weight first, then quit smoking. I knew there was no way I'd be able to do both at the same time without failing. I am now on day 5 of my quit, and although it's been hard, I've still managed not to smoke. If you ever need to talk, just let me know!

Take care,
melissa
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 17:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hey Mel...way to go. I'm a 35 yr addict and on day 7 this is the 1st time I've been without a cig for more than 6 hours EVER ---even birthing my kids, and hospitalized with pneumonia.....I smoked.
I lost the patch Friday, and am only chewing 2mg gum. Just to get rid of the weepy feelings. It's almost like I'm in control ---almost. Still afraid of crowds...
Keep up the good work. All the good stuff comes after.
I'd like to stay on this thread for some support -may I?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 22:02

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Great Job you two!!!! I'm going to loose first, then quit too....you're all an inspiration!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 00:19
MySpaceBarSticks.

Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

i tried to quit smoking last week, didn't work tho. i am thinking maybe when i get a little more in a routine with my food and exercise it might be easier. too mant things at once could mean failure for everything, and i certainly do not want that.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 06:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/???/135 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

I quit on Feb 3 after LCing for 4 weeks prior to that. My loss is slow but I have lost 3 lbs since I quit. I have to be very very careful not to cheat at the LCing AT ALL or it sets me up for carb cravings. I'm trying to keep the fat in my diet very high to keep the cravings low.

On the weekend I had one little mouthful of birthday cake....my very first tiny cheat in 8 weeks and my tummy cramped, my back got really itchy, the cravings for sugar came back (but they felt like nicotine cravings). Horrible. I now see sugar and me don't mix at all.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 07:01
overeasy

Plan: No grains/sugar/alcohol
Stats: 221/175.4/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Well, so far I've gained 4lbs, but I'm going to hang in there and stick to my WOE. I've read on quit smoking support forums that a small weight gain is typical and temporary. I hope they're right! I will keep everyone updated on my progress, but remember, you can ALWAYS lose the weight!!! I just gotta wait for my metabolism to get normal again, because quitting throws it off for a little while.

Melissa

My stats: 6days 10hours 11minutes smoke-free, 110 cigs not smoked, $19.20 saved, 9hours 10minutes life saved

Last edited by mel92 : Tue, Mar-09-04 at 07:14.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 05:57

Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

Well day 18 and I have fallen off the wagon. Got really upset yesterday and had nearly 3 cigs. One this morning is a real problem...can't have anymore.
I too have gained about 4#'s but Ihave been eating sugar like crazy (considering atkins) Bought sugarless candy, but the calorie count on them is through the roof. Got to trade them out for something else. Otherwise, it's one day at a time, and sometimes one hour at a time. Nothing worth having comes easy - at least it never has for me. So, I'm back on the wagon and will check in more - promise.