Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 20:10
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 200/193/140
BF:44%/42%/20%
Progress: 12%
Default Happy to meet you all

Hello,
I've been getting onto this site for a few weeks now and I finally decided to take the plunge and join because folks out here are so supportive and kind to each other. I've only been LCing for 3 weeks now, and it's going well, but I know that since I'm in this for the long haul I'm going to need some support, and I hope to provide some to others too.

My husband is doing this with me and we are really enjoying it. For the first time in my life I feel that I've found something I can stick with long term. Is this too good to be true?

What I really can't get over is how I can suddenly cook like I've always wanted to! I'm a big fan of Julia Child, and this fits in so well with her French style of cooking. Still though, it seems too good to be true - this weekend we had eggs benedict with real hollandaise sauce. Then I lost a pound. Is this for real? I hope so.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Best Regards,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 21:59

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Welcome! Yes, it's for real! And I agree. Suddenly I can cook again. And it's fun and interesting.

If you haven't already got it, I really recommend you try Dr. S.'s cookbook(s). I have the non-vegetarian one and I love it. For me it was a wonderful jumping off point. A place to get my feet wet in the low-carb cooking style. From there I have branched out to making up some of my own recipes and getting lots off the web (including many on this website).

Another great source is your used bookstore where you will find lots of older, non-low-fat cookbooks.

Have fun, and keep coming around.

;-Deb
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 09:02

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Welcome!

Hi bonappetit (your screen name is making me hungry!) -

Welcome to the forum...always happy to have a new SPer here...I love cooking too and its been so wonderful to eat really great food with NO guilt.

Lisa
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 10:27
Registered Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. It's so nice to know there are others out there going through a similar experience.

Can you tell me how to post my photo on this site?

Thanks,
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 11:21

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Instructions can be found here

Good luck and let me know if you need any more help!

Lisa
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 12:14

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Talking Welcome Home!

A pleasure to meet you, bonappetit!

Settle in with the rest of the family, pull up a plate of deviled eggs, garlic dip and some iced cinnamon almond cream tea!

Looking forward to seeing you around. And yes, it's amazing that we can EAT and LOSE at the same time, isn't it?

And your weight loss already is exciting!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 10:53
Registered Member

Default Thanks for the encouragement

Hi,
Thanks for your support. I'm feeling a bit frustrated today. I've been hovering around the same darned 2-3 pounds for the last few weeks. It's like everything went whoosh the first few weeks and now it's all just catching up with itself. I know that the scale is only one indicator of fat loss, but it's gotta go down eventually! I'll be patient since I've probably already lost my "allotment" for the month, but doggone it, I'm so anxious to get rid of this blub!

Meanwhile, I'm feeling so much better than before I did TSP. (as I wrote in my journal - I'm seeing lots of health benefits already.) I guess that's what really matters. I think the world of Dr S. This is the most compelling book on healthy living I know.

Have a great weekend, all!

Ciao,