Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 22:42

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default I want to be in this club sooo bad...

So I've lost 33lbs and I have 13 more to go...but I just can't seem to finish it. Over the past two months (more like 2.5), I've only lost 7 lbs. I mean, I've increased my carbs, but I don't think I headed downhill fast... I can't seem to figure out why I'm not as "gung-hoe" as I was before. I think I may be one of those people that never finish anything...I hate that I'm noticing that about myself.

I have seven weeks until my birthday and I would love to hit my goal by then. That means 2 lbs a week. I decided I post my challenges and goals (instead in my journal) to all of you so that I won't break them.

Challenges (at each date, I want to weigh less):
1. March 8th = Spring Break...for obvious reasons
2. March 28th = I'm going home for Easter and I want to have lost all of the college weight I have put on over the past four years.
3. April 9th = I loved to have really finished something in my life (and celebrate it on my 22 nd birthday).
3. May 3rd = I'm graduating college and again, I don't want this weight with me anymore.

Goals:
1. Start drinking water again - 64oz. of water/day.
2. Cut out my caff coffee and diet soda.
3. Workout atleast 3X a week.
4. Stay under 25 carbs a day. I may try to stay under 20 for the next two weeks, but I haven't decided.

So there it is everyone...I've typed it down so now I have to stick with it.

Thanks for listiening,
Erin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 23:44

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Good for you for making the commitment to clean up your eating habits.
Sounds like all of the changes you are about to make will be the ticket to getting the last bit of the weight off. I think you are heading in the right direction with your goals.

Marlaine
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 13:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hey Erin

I think its great U have set goals...but I want to point out to U that its possible your goal weight may be unrealistic. U are a very tall girl! U shouldnt be as concerned about losing more weight, but continue with working out and toning up. Everyone has a set point where it is extremely hard for our bodies to lose more weight. Just think of all U have accomplished..take one day at a time and enjoy life!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 18:00

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default My goal...

Hey gwilson (I haven't run into in a while),

I set my goal with the % body fat in mind - 17%. I'm still young so this is an exceptable number. Five years ago, I was this weight (127-130) so that's also how I got this number. Even at 127, I'm still a size 4 so I have some meat on my bones. My body, to my disappointment, has not grown larger in any areas , so this should be attainable. I was thinking to maintain at about 130, but this gives me an opportunity to eat some choco cake on my bday Yah, I would love to hit my goal of 127 by my bday, however if I'm 135 I won't kill myself. I just want to be close so I can buy some clothes and get used to the new me

I just started up a journal...and it's seems that I will be breaking my one goal of a limit of 25 carbs/day. I'm going to shoot for under 30 instead.

Erin
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 22:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

Gosh, I feel like and oink-oink! Lol...I lost weight going on 60 carbs a day!

WEll, it worked, but I didn't realize it was the thing to do to go even lower now - guess I have some catching up to do!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

Erin, I just wanted to say "Hang in there!!!" You'll make it - sometimes those last ten or 15 can be so tough - you're so close..lol..but I bet you look great and are doing great. Just hang on and before you know it, you'll be there!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 14:51

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey all, I am aiming for the end of the year to be right at my goal weight... have 45.5 lbs to go... I feel so much better than I use to feel... Im just looking forward to being able to run around with my kids and enjoy it all....

Thanks Tammy