Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 11:30

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
But now I'm starting to think about how carbs have always affected me in the past. If I eat even 20 carbs of veggies, I get terribly constipated. It's only when I virtually cut them out completely that I get "normal" again. Tomorrow, when Biz is back in Boot Camp, I'm going to ask her about doing a more carnivore P3 and see what she says. They all seem to be terribly supportive of anything you want to try, and I gotta think she's encountered carnivores before . . .

if she hasn't then I would challenge her to work with you. I recall reading that she did a round vegetarian to see how she could help with vegetarian hcgers. Also her P3 preferred % is 70/15/15, pjade did her whole P3 at 65/25/10 which is more protein and had not trouble.

also you may find that the hcg has reset your hypothalamus and you can handle more carbs, who knows??
I'm finding that I can handle more than I was before, I don't think I can handle too much at a time, I'm keeping the % between 5-12% but so far so good.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 11:36

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Yeah, I did see that Biz said 70/15/15 in the P3 Q&A section. One of the mods earlier in the thread mentioned 60/20/15 or some other combination that didn't even add up to 100.

I'm just not that crazy about carbs. Last evening I had my 4 oz of chicken breast and since I had been more hungry the past couple days, I accompanied it with 6 oz of sauteed cabbage. Man, did I ever regret that cabbage! Bloated me right up and stayed wtih me all through the night. I was actually amazed to have seen the loss this morning on the scale. I was expecting to be up again by over a pound.

I do need to challenge her to work with me, since this is the way I want to eat. I'm in the small minority who think that not only are veggies unnecessary to human life, they can also be detrimental. I enjoy certain veggies, but not every day. I mean, there's nothing like a good chicken Caesar salad (hold the croutons, of course!). I even like broccoli, cauliflower, green beans (but only when done at my favorite French restaurant ... I'll have to ask them sometime how they make them so good!), and I'm even liking the cooked cabbage I've been having. In moderation, of course!
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 12:13
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Maybe it's cabbage, Bawdy. It was doing the same thing to me. I was okay with other veggies though. Come to think of it, I had some sauerkraut yesterday... maybe that's responsible for my gain.
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 12:14
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maile1
if the romano was made of cow's milk maybe you reacted to it?? I'm trying very hard to stay away from any contact with cow dairy but sheep seems to be fine, goat is a bit in between

It's sheep based. I've only been using 1-2 Tbl a day, hoping I could sneak it by the censors.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 13:50

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 146/126.4/125 Female 5'6"
BF:

Hi All-
I'm coming off P2 on the same schedule as Bawdy, so I'll be looking over here as well. My last P3 went really well until TOM and a head cold came at the same time, but then I went back to P2, so I don't know if my little blip would have come down on its own or not. I was following Atkins induction, then was starting the ladder. This time, I'm going to try the HTA recommended ratios- see how it goes for me. I can always go back to Atkins if the extra carbs don't work out.
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 14:05
Experimenter

BF:

Wow, are you at goal now? Or very close?
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 16:09

Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

I'll do the same as Bawdy, this will be my last day on drops.
I plan to follow Bawdy's plan to the letter, and of course, do it the carnivore way. Thank you so much B for your guidance!
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 16:22
Experimenter

BF:

How was the P2 as a carnivore? Hunger okay?
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 16:36

BF:

Oh yes Nancy, it was totally alright, no hunger and steady loss. I don't think the weight ever bounced back up. I'll do it again this exact same way.
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 16:56

Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Great! We're pretty much all together on 70/25/5, regardless of total number of calories.

I know I'm in!
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 18:14
Experimenter

BF:

I've been averaging about 60% fat, 25% protein, 15% carbs. Hard to do much higher than that without dairy products.
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 18:16

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 146/126.4/125 Female 5'6"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Wow, are you at goal now? Or very close?

When I first started, I never dreamed I would be able to get this low. I'm happy to call this GOAL, and I'm looking forward to see how I stabilize. I know there will still be some changes happening
  #88   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 18:42

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:
I'm in the small minority who think that not only are veggies unnecessary to human life, they can also be detrimental. I enjoy certain veggies, but not every day.
that's exactly why I think it's so important that we keep threads going here. We're all of the same mindset: 1) we're not evolved to eat so many plants and 2) excessive carbs have wrecked our metabolisms, to varying degrees.

So, if I understand it correctly, no one is continuing with the 500 calories for three days after the last dose. People are immediately going up 250 calories a day once off the pregnancy juice. Is that right?
  #89   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 19:18
Experimenter

BF:

I think most of us who have been over to HTA have been doing that, which is most of us. I did it, and even lost a wee bit more in the process.

Then in P3 I kept slowly increasing. The recommendation is increasing 250 cal a day, but I went a little slower than that... my metabolism is scary.

I'm trying to get up to 1700 but I've gone +2... makes me wonder if I can eat that many calories.
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 19:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Great! We're pretty much all together on 70/25/5, regardless of total number of calories.

I know I'm in!

Yup, sounds perfect! I'm in, that's for sure.