Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 12:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/194.5/140 Female 5' 9
BF:too high i am sure
Progress: 50%
Default easter candy !!!!

hehehehe anyone else have to make easter baskets this weekend? hehehe i went shopping last night for the stuff.. i was worried all day about it... chocolate is my passion so i stay away from all forms of sweets except for my decaf with splenda after my lil guys are in bed... i was surprised at how easy it was to just get the shopping done, so i am hoping that i will be strong and behave myself on sunday. i have decided to birthday cake on my birthday april 16th so i think this will make me strong on easter sunday hehe cross your fingers for me =)

barbara
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 12:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/170/143 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 31%

Good job resisting temptation! It does seem to get easier and easier to pass up the treats the longer you're on Atkins. I'm not sure I could have done it, though...someone posted a thread awhile back about the new selections of sugar free Easter candy, and now I'm afraid to go to Wal-Mart. I just know all that sugar free chocolate would reach out and draw me in!
I hope you have a happy birthday!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 13:06

Stats: 197/187/135 Female 5'4"
BF:Too much!
Progress: 16%

I was recently at Farm Fresh and I saw a sugar free chocolate bunny! I didn't buy it because I already have a TON of SF stuff, but it made me smile. Resist those temptations- OMG, those Cadbury Egg things are sooo good and this will be the first Easter I have without one!! -but it's worth it! Stay strong!!!

Leigh
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 13:22

Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Every holiday has temptations. Why do we have so many!!! Stay strong and eat rabbit food for Easter. lol
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 13:27

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjen72
Every holiday has temptations. Why do we have so many!!! Stay strong and eat rabbit food for Easter. lol

I agree with you. I never realized how many holidays there are until I started LCing.

Barbara, Hang in there. You are doing great.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 13:38

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

I tried one of those russel stover eggs and it made my belly ache! So, on easter I figure since I AM the Easter Bunny and all I deserve one little marshmellow filled bunny! But only one and not the whole packet *sigh*

Jenn
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 14:25

Plan: Keto
Stats: 284.6/239.0/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

This will also be my first Easter without Cadbury eggs. Until Atkings, I used to buy a bunch and eat them throughout the year. Not anymore.

I've been to Walmart several times, and haven't seen any Easter SF candy. Darn!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 15:49
Registered Member

Stats: 219/214/165 Female 70 inches
BF:34.4/34.4/20
Progress: 9%

I stuffed baskets the other night and 48 plastic eggs for my four kids. I had a few Hershey's chocolate eggs...they were not that great. I guess I have lost my sweet tooth! If felt good to have just two, easily decided I didn't want any more and resume my new way of eating!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 15:54

Stats: 148.5/137/130 Female 64 in
BF:27.2
Progress: 62%

I am worried about temptation too. When I bought for my kids I tried to stick with candy I never really liked that well. Jelly beans are my favorite though, and I had to get some for the kids (can't have easter without them). I am hoping my willpower stays strong.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 18:36

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 294/260/185 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Just finished making 6 baskets for my grandkids. B4 getting the candy out I made deviled eggs and ate 3 halves while I was filling the baskets. Being protien & fat they really filled me up, candy didn't even tempt me. I hid the baskets right away, out of sight out of mind (I hope)
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 18:42

Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Luckily, my kids are 20,18,and 16 so I'm not doing baskets. I know I would cheat if I did. Easter is the best candy holiday.

I have totally avoided buying any kind of Easter treats, and every place that sells them. I'm making a jello cheesecake for my dessert for easter dinner.

Sometimes I really hate being on a low carb diet.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 21:39

Stats: 359/266/174 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 50%

DH and I just got back from Wal-Mart shopping for Easter basket stuffings for our 3 DD's. I am a confirmed "chocoholic"! I'm not really too worried about it as my cravings have almost completely disappeared. But just in case, I got a small bag Hershey's SF little candy bars to have on hand on the off chance that watching the kids eat chocolate starts the cravings. I sure wouldn't want to be caught unprepared!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 11:09
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I put all sorts of lil goodies in my childrens baskets. Some sf candies,crayons, markers, balloons,matchbox cars, lil barbie for daughter.. Dollar store had many things to replace all that chocholate Was alot of fun putting together too.