Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 09:30
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 286/286/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Sounds like a great recipe. I picked up an electric crepe maker at a thrift shop for a couple of dollars. It's wonderful. I'm going to try this reipe with fresh fruit. OK, so maybe a little cool whip, too. If it works, what a great snack or dessert. I'm also going to try it in a waffle maker. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.
Thanks for the recipe.
Rubinesque
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 08:29

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I just made this and it is really really good! Thanks for posting it. I put it into Mastercook and put it in the category of breakefast & desserts!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-08, 08:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 139/130/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

These are soooo good! I used 2 oz soft cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 pkg splenda, 1/8 tsp baking powder. I made silver dollar size so I could flip them. Great diversion from eggs!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 23:11
Registered Member

Stats: 222/214/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 10%

Ok so this is what I tried, gathering from info here:

1 Egg White
2 oz Cream Cheese
1 packet Splenda
1/8 Teaspoon backing Powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of Cinnamon

I did turn the whites into peaks and it did not take long! They did look like small pancakes too and where very yummy! Now I am going to try some of these other fun things with this recipe! More egg white next time maybe!

Thank You All!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-09, 17:40
Induction ≠ Atkins

Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccambronau
These are soooo good! I used 2 oz soft cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 pkg splenda, 1/8 tsp baking powder. I made silver dollar size so I could flip them. Great diversion from eggs!

I did this tonight (I couldn't wait longer than when I got home!) and they came out brilliantly! the only difference is I added just a little bit of vanilla. Holy Moly!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe how good this was. THANK YOU!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-12-10, 12:18
Registered Member

Stats: 155/143/135 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshaimors
I've also made these using only 2 oz. softened cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 packet of splenda and a dash of cinnamon. (same as earlier--separate egg whites and beat til stiff, fold into other ingredients).

I've found that the smaller you make them the easier they are to flip. Also seems to do better if prepared in a nonstick skillet on low to medium heat. Hope this helps!

OMG! So good. I modified slightly:
3 egg whites beat till stiff (separate bowl)
1.5 oz. lowfat cream cheese - warmed and soft
dash of cinnamon
dash of stevia
1 tblsp butter (for in the pan or on top)

Fold the other ingredients into the egg whites and place large dollops into non stick pan. (Does not have to be small - I made huge cakes that held together fine) Flatten "batter" slightly with flipper, cook on low-med heat about 1 min on each side. Serve hot and enjoy!

They held together beautifully, looked like a big light fluffy pancake, flipped perfectly, looked heavenly and tasted divine! And I didn't even have any SF Maple Syrup, just ate them with butter. Thank you!

Last edited by minky : Tue, Jan-12-10 at 12:28. Reason: Forgot to add changes in recipe
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-10, 23:13

Plan: Atkins style
Stats: 141/135.5/133 Female 67.5
BF:
Progress: 69%

I have these every morning but with Riccotta instead of cream cheese. Ill try your recipe for my next batch. I spread nat pb on top and then drizzle some sf syrup...wholy to the moley (<;
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-12, 05:37

Stats: 194.2/194.2/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Making the no cream ones as we speak. The first one stuck to the pan when I tried to flip it, but that was probably from leaving it in too long. These cook slightly faster than normal pancakes. I can't wait to eat them!