Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-01, 19:10

Plan:
Stats: 190/195/180
BF:
Progress:
Wink

I have been eating a low carb diet for one week now. I have managed to gain 5 pounds in my first week. I have not been cheatin and am wondering how long I will have to wait for results. I also need to adjust to this style of eating and I am finding it difficult to find things to eat for Breakfast and Lunch. Dinner never seems to be a problem
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-01, 22:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default one of my favourites

One of my favourite things I carry to work for breakfast (always have my coffee and breakfast at my desk early in the morning while I read the paper), is a recipe from the atkinsfriends.com recipe section under Beef/Pork, called Bacon Cheese Puffs. The recipe there calls for a pound of bacon, but I never use that much. I sometimes use sausage instead of bacon. You can take the idea from this recipe and make your own variations, i.e. add a little green onion, green pepper, ham and have a "western" type muffin. I find these freeze well.

I also often take a muffin with me, my favourites are the ones I have posted in the recipe section here.

Enjoy!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-01, 22:41
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello triguy,

What plan are you following? Why don't you post what you've been eating for the past few days and we can help you figure this out. Somethimes there are people who we call "slow losers", but it's unusual to gain weight.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-01, 06:24

Plan:
Stats: 190/195/180
BF:
Progress:
Default new eating habits

I have been eating a protien shake in the morning for breakfast along with 4 slices of bacon. Morning snack is cheese with an Atkins Protien bar. Lunch is a salad with Lettuceand spinach and broccoli with Italian salad dressing, and a handful of unsalted peanuts. Dinner is a meat dish (stuffed peppers, chicken , steak ,pork) alond with a salad and Italian salad dressing. Dessert is non sugar jello, containing no Carbs.
My brother in law lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks eating a low carb diet and I have gained 5 pounds my first week.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-01, 09:06
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

triguy,

Are you sure you gained fat and not muscle? I notice you're also close to your goal which makes losing weight harder, but if the gain is muscle, it should be a welcome gain.

Wa'il
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-01, 12:03
Forum Founder

BF:

Hi triguy,

It seems that with this way of eating that the less weight you have to lose, the slower it goes. Gaining weight is unusual.

Everyone reacts differently with this way of eating. Many long term low carbers have found that they have to tweak their diet after low-carbing for a while.

There are a few things you should not be eating when you start this. Diet bars, peanuts, protien shakes and sugar free Jello. This may have worked for your brother in law, but everyone will have different results.

Try following an "pure" low carb diet for ten days and see what happens. That would be only protien and low-carb vegetables. Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution recommends that you keep your carbohydrate grams at 20 or under for the first ten days. Then you gradually introduce more carbs in the form of vegetables by 5 gram increments to find the point where you are eating more carbs.

And please, please, please read either Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution or Protien Power. They're both full of important and valuable information.

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 09:03

Plan: Bernstein Clinic, Atkins
Stats: 217/176/155
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default puff muffins looking for recipe

Hello Sharon, i'm on a puff quest....
I can't find Your recipes that You varied on the bacon muffin puffs...
been searching the site with no luck...can You point me there pleaze.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 09:54
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
atkinsfriends.com recipe section under Beef/Pork, called Bacon Cheese Puffs.

It could be because the recipe is on the atkinsfriends.com site.

You may want to try the Egg MockMuffins which are on this site.

Karen