Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 12:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/193/130
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default stalled for over 2 months now!!

so for the past 2 months or so i've been going up and then down about 5-8 pounds. sometimes i'll be about 193 and thinking that i'm going to hit the 180's finally when my weight goes back up to 198. what's the deal? i've been getting stricter and stricter, hoping the weight will come off faster. i've even cut out cheese. i'm basically eating nothing but meat and drinking water, although today i had two atkins chocolate bars.

before i was losing 10 pounds a month without exercise, now i'm not losing at all. i had the plan that i was going to be around 130 pounds by December and now it seems like it's not going to happen. should i decrease my food intake? here's a list on what i usually eat:

Breakfast: 1 t-bone steak seasoned w/ garlic salt
Lunch: 1-t-bone steak seasoned w/ garlic salt
Dinner: 1 rib-eye steak seasoned w/ salt
Drink: water

what's the deal? i don't "exercise" but i don't lay around the house all day. i get up and go to school and walk around campus and whatnot. i even went walking the other day and i actually gained weight. don't tell me it was muscle because i doubt that i gained 4 pounds of muscle walking just once.

any advice?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 12:53

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

I suggest you re-read the Atkins book and follow it to a tee. You NEED the carbs it recommends. Also, you will need to increase your calories. Even eating 3 portions of red meat, does not give you enough calories for your body to function (i.e. heart, lungs, typical everyday movements) will burn this many calories, therefore your body can go into a starvation mode retaining those fat cells and not letting them go. The best advice I can give is to read the book. You need the green leafy vegies and those 20 carbs that Dr. Atkins talks about, also, those Atkins bars are loaded with hidden carbs, not the right ones either. Punch the numbers into the hidden carb counter to the right of the page and see what I mean.

You need to tweak a bit to get back into losing. Reading up will be a first step and you should keep a journal so people can see your daily menus, this will help with the advice you are asking for.

Good luck.
Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 14:58

Plan: Back with Atkins, works b
Stats: 196/151/145 Female 5'6"
BF:28/26/
Progress: 88%

Cindy has given you the best advice!

You have to have some of the carbs, but the good ones like in green leafy veggies.

I have a hard time myself upping my calories too, the old mind set that less is better, but in this case it's not. Add some green leafy veggies and increase your calories 10-12x your weight. Water should be half of your weight but a minimum of 64 oz. per day.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 08:32
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Meat and water? Yikes! Your body could easily be going into some kind of crisis mode here! If you've been doing atkins for 3-4 months, you definitely should be adding in some carbs, and in the form of good FRESH veggies. How about a big spinach salad at dinnertime with that meat?? Or some steamed asparagus? Broccoli?

Are you taking vitamin supplements? Even if you are, they are no substitute for the fiber and micronutrients that your body needs to function properly, which can only come from the vegetables.

You'll fell 100% better, too!!