Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 04:42
Registered Member

Plan: protein power - modified by self
Stats: 218.5/218.5/137.5 Female 66 inches
BF:41.1
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up hi Tammy!!

Hey Tammy! Things are moving along again finally. After 4-5wks of a steady hovering on the scale...I finally dropped again!! I am so excited. Not a big drop, but any drop is good in my book! Thanks for checking up on me! I think one of the things that helped me was that I tried to remove as much processed foods from my diet as possible. I'm really trying to stand by the 'keep it simple' philosophy. If it had to be touched or put together by human hands that were not my own....I think twice about eating it. Takes a little more time to prepare dinner or lunches, but I truly think that the food is much better. And...my family loves it. even my 9yr old! We also are going to start our walking regimen again, with the onset of the nice weather...i feel inspired once again!!

Marti - Everyone is right (not that i doubted of course) plateaus and stalls happen...probably with good reason as far as body adjustment is concerned....just continue on, be patient. I did not fat fast or anything like that....I just kept doing what I was doing, knowing that this was a life choice...not a 'diet'. (god i hate that word....diet). I'm confident that you too will be visited again by your little woosh fairy sometime in the near future. But....yes, get those calories up there. That was one of my biggest problems. I could hardly eat 1,000/day. Now I pack little things, and basically, munch all day long....(I've also converted 2 people at work somewhat....they are reading up on LC'ing, and PP). The slower you lose....the better really....because your body is adjusting along the way....not freaking out at the end!! Good luck, and great job!!!

hugs to all

nill
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 09:54
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 189/160/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hey gang!! I did it! I upped my calories and the whoosh fairy came and took away 3 lbs. in 3 days! Incredible! I made the mock danish! Thanks for the suggestions, Terri! The problem is that I had one for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner yesterday. They are soo good! I gotta check the carb count on those.
Nill, we are definately on the right path! Congrats on your loss! I remember weight watchers....they got a good amount of money from me, had me at meetings at 6:am (The only one I could make) and I only dropped 2 lbs in 4 weeks. This woe really is easy!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 10:57

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:

Hi Marti, One a day is enough lol They are 4 carbs a peice.. So to much of a good thing is not good in this case.. I enjoy hamburger patties with cheese and green beans and salad a great lunch in fact is what I had today .. Leftovers.. If you are missing variety in your foods and havign a hard time I have a few suggestions

Sausage (make it your self Ground pork sage salt pepper and red peppers) Eggs scrammbled boiled fried or in stir fries.. Moch danish, flaxomeal, or left over dinner... There are unlimited possibilities.. I think i will have a cheese, pepper, scallion, tomatoe omlet tomorrow...

You can dress up any salad with sautaed mushrooms, a little sprinkle of parmesean cheese, black olive slices, tomatoe, ham, turkey or anything you like....

I like mayo and mustard to mix together to use as a sause or my favorite is buffalo wing sause made by texas pete..

Chicken wings are a great lunch or dinner or a snack... And sugar free jolly ranchers jello cups.. YUM with 2 tlbs of heavy cream on top... and whipped together...

I just create things to see how they taste and some are good soem are not... Try the colieflyed rice recipee it is just faboulus.. makes a great change to a meal at anytime of the day.

Take care

Your friend

Tammy
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 11:49
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

MARTI!! Way to go!!!! Wouldn't the folks at Weight Watchers freak out if they knew you lost 3 lbs. by doubling your calories?!?

I had a mock danish every day when I discovered them! Now I'm back down to 2-3 a week. I put SF maple syrup, cinnammon, and butter on 'em. MMMMmmmm!!

Speaking of salads..... I make mine with green olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, avocado and toasted pecans.....with a french vinegarette & mayonnaise dressing! You talk about filling!! It's what Richard and I often have for dinner. If there's chicken, ham or turkey left over from the night before, we throw that in too!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 20:02
Registered Member

Thumbs up great meal tonight!

Marti et al!
Don't know if you like seafoo or not...I eat a lot of it here in maryland!! I tried this tonight, and it was great....
marinate yellowfin tuna steaks in a combo of soy sauce and sugar free maple syrup. about a 2:1 ratio in favor of the syrup. Overnite i think for the best flavor (or in my case, if you dont have time to cook them that day! hah!). THEN...chop up some pistachios or other favorite nut, and coat the marinated tuna. bake ~500 for about 8 mins....then turn on the broiler to brown the nuts....viola!! YUM! my steak was about 5oz, and weighed in at fitday to be about 38g protein with 1g carb. now with the marinade, you can figure an extra 3-4 i believe (becuase i rendered it down with a tad of cooking sherry and garlic and drizzled it over the fish). Add some veggies and a salad...woohoo!! (can you tell this got me a little excited???)
Even my 9 year old loved it....and that says alot when it comes to seafood.

congrats on your losses marti...keep up the good work!!

hugs
nill
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 20:23
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Yummmmmmmmm

That does sound delish!!!

Post that in the recipes forum .... do us all a big favor!!! Oh that sounds SO good!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 09:16
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 189/160/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 85%
Smile Yum!

I love sea food! The problem is that I usually wait for someone else to prepare it for me. ( I have a hard time with the texture of raw fish ) My husband makes Cabo style fish on our bbq often in the summer.

Red snapper deboned andlaid out on a piece of tin foil
pat of butter
sprinkle with cumin, garlic salt, lemon-pepper
add fresh cilantro
zuchinni slices (lots!)
onion slices
tomato slices
wrap and throw on the grill for about 10-15 minutes

This is soo yummy!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 05:26
Registered Member

Thumbs up WOW!!

Holy Cow marti!! That recipe sounds great!
I'll post mine if you post yours! Thats one I will definitely try....I grill out all the time in the summer. Actually, I use the grill until i cant stand it outside anymore! lol.

I hope that things are still going well for you, let us know how you're doing!! I have to shop today (my day off...i get off every other friday since i'm a government contractor), so i am going to try to find some of those jolly rancher jello things....yum