Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 15:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/204/165 Male 179 cm
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default I just drink it unconciously...

I had the same trouble with water too.. I could hardly drink it..

Until I found that municipal water was the culprit, it had a weird flavor, once I first tasted my first bottle of store bought water it was so so different!

now my body craves water all day long... so first I was buying those half liter bottles for about 4 pesos (about .70 US) then I found that buying the 1.5 liter bottles was cheaper at about 7 pesos (.90 US) but the real kick came when I discovered the way huge 20 liter bottle would cost me only 17 pesos (about $2 US) so you can bet now I buy by the case... haha!

So I just refill my 1.5 litter bottle everytime and put it in the refrigerator... I take it out when I am working at the computer and start drinking and drinking and about 30 minutes later I noticed I just drank 1.5 in a sitting!

I noticed that this way I can take like 3 liters or so in a sitting... and now my water consumption has increased from 0 to 5 liters a day in a matter of 3 weeks, so my suggestion:

just drink water without thinking: eeesh! I got to drink that! like the nike ads say: just do it!

I bet you will adjust easily!

See you later!
Antonio
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 14:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 360/339/140 Female 5'3
BF:60%/60%/22%
Progress: 10%
Arrow

i was wondering if anyone had any insights into sparkling mineral water? Has anyone had any problems with it yet? I am thinking of switching this over as it might be a bit more interesting taht plain old tap water.

I read somewhere in the forum that some people stalled on decaff diet coke because of the citric acid - has anyone had a problem with water being carbonated?

I am one of those people that goes through fazes of I will drink loads of water and then will forget for a couple of days. I try to stick to a rule that my Doctor gave me when I had a kidney infection - If your wee is clear - then you are drinking enough (admit it - we all look in the bowl to make sure we are ok!). If there is any colour at all - go drink
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 18:23

Plan: my own
Stats: 0/0/0
BF:
Progress: 34%
Talking I use that colour test too!

hee hee hee!

As for sparkling mineral water, I don't think that it should have citric acid in it, especially if it is natural. Compare labels and tastes.

gecolon says something about kidney stones, but couldn't find anything on it when researching. Is it a particular filtering process, gecolon? The only things that came up were the prevention of the stones by drinking lots of water.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 09:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/138.4/135
BF:33/27/24
Progress: 87%
Talking Water

I have trouble drinking cold water except in little sips, but I can down 2 large glasses of warm water no problem. So I stand at the sink and guzzel, several times a day. I plan this around the bathroom availability ie 30 minutes before leaving the house!!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 10:56

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Kinda nice to know that I'm not the only one that prefers warm water to cold water. I had thought I was a strange one ...now I know I'm not so strange afterall.

Warm [or even semi-hot] water is actually a great appetite inhibitor. I found it works better than drinking the water cold. I used to be teased that only seniors drink hot water to keep themselves regular. Well, that may be so [I don't need any help in that area], but I'm not a senior and I find drinking warm/hot water has more benefits than just keeping a person regular.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 14:51

Plan: Aikens
Stats: 182/182/162
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default water water everywhere

I connect with your comment on warm water or room temperature water
it is much easier fo rme to consume this as well
I also like hot water with nothing in it
my mom showed me a great idea a few years back when she had several kidney stones crushed and was required to drink a lot of water...... 14 glasses a day
she would put 14 pennies on the table and as she passed that table during the day and saw the pennies she would have a glass of water then move the penny for that glass over to the other side of the table
as soon as all the pennies were over to the other side she knew she had completed her water drinking requirements for the day.
thanks for all the great ideas in this thread
<')))><
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 02:06

Plan: somers
Stats: 150/145/130
BF:
Progress: 25%

I have been a room temp water chick my whole life. Only in the summer do I like "refrigerator water" with ice.

For more than a decade, I had vehicles with no a/c, so it's long been a habit that I have one or two bottles half full of water in the freezer that I can add to, in order to take with me in the car. So I always drink water like crazy when driving when hot.

With my shift to this, I've begun ordering club soda in bars. I ask for a couple different kinds of fruit if they've got it. I realized, I *can* forego beer and diet sodas with this stuff . . . it's the bubbles I love! Read labels; there are brands out there boasting no sodium. Club soda is keeping this thing very tolerable! It's wild to find I'm buying more club soda than I ever did beer, and it's so easy to grab one from the fridge if I'm on my way somewhere.

#53   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 09:43

Plan: Back with Atkins, works b
Stats: 196/151/145 Female 5'6"
BF:28/26/
Progress: 88%

I was never a water drinker, but since we put in a water filter and it removes everything from the water, it actually tastes good! So now it is either bottled water or from my house.

Since I started drinking it, I am now naturally thirsty, and some days can't get enough... I usually have consumed at least 40 ounces before noon.

So drink up and your natural thirst will kick in!!