Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1801   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-20, 08:14

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

TRIG- we cross posted! Glad to see you up and moving on this soggy day!!!!!
You are a great mom for sure in helping with the online. You are so right on kids have it rough.

Yup- I have hamburger to make patties today too! I feel good with organic beef! I have steaks thawing, but the hamburger is ready now.
Do you do pot roast? I get a hankering for it especially this time of year. Add a tiny bit of brown gravy and dang I could slurp it up!
Plus it just smells so good and is very satisfying.

I stocked up on shrimp too I should think about.........

Off for more coffee..... any new videos you found?
Sponsored Links
  #1802   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-20, 16:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

HI all-

Jaz- that convo with DGD is too cute. She is going to be a little princess for sure!

Trig- Ugh, the 'riding of the kid' with school is SUCH A PAIN. You know I hear you because I literally moaned about it for three years straight with that last kid of mine. I feel ya!

Your beach trip sounds fab! Good to have something to look forward to!

Lori- If you lived closer I would certainly share my treats with you! I like the baking as much as the eating and probably more.

I hope your golf day went well. We are getting a lot of rain too, starting tomorrow afternoon.

••••••••••••••

Today we hung out in the morning, went to see my nephew in a soccer game at 3 (they tied) and ordered take out from the Kabob place for dinner. Yum!

Topped it off with a bit of Rebel ice cream, and I think I am going to fast until dinner tomorrow. I know that is typical for you, Jaz, but not for me! I'll just do electrolytes and water. Going for 24 hours, but if I feel like going longer, maybe I will. I'd be happy with a solid 24 once a week though.

What I'm watching on TV: Emily in Paris on Netflix- cute show. And if you like something a little scary, The Haunting of Bly House- I'm two episodes in on that one.

Currently reading a Netgalley ARC book- I've reviewed two and I have two more- this one and one more.

That's about it from here!
  #1803   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-20, 16:51

BF:

I'm back...... I went out and refreshed...... Slow day here on thread......

Still stuck in the rain and now the severe weather coming. Hope they get better before they hit SC, but GA is really getting hit right now with tornados.

Heavy meat day and now my tummy is not feeling it. Sitting here sipping ginger water to calm it down. Ginger water is a wonderful thing. Unless you are truly sick it will kill the upset in pretty short order.
I used it after my anesthesia after surgery when the drugs didn't work.

Anyway- nothing much....... pretty much vegged today.
Did I mention the NE GA job off table? WOW oh wow what a story that turned out to be.
I might stick it in a email- or just say screw it and move on.

Anyway- feeling a bit better since I started this post- ginger kicking in. I might change up tomorrow and do a light day.

Later!

EDITED : NIC we were both posting same time! Thanks for the Netflix nod.... I need something new to watch. Might check out Emily in Paris!
  #1804   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-20, 17:03

BF:

What is the NE GA job? Is that the one with your friend?
  #1805   ^
Old Sun, Oct-11-20, 04:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz I got tons of vids on ZC. I will just randomly start posting some over in the carnivore section. something might float your boat

Yea, forget the job ya lost. Move on. Never give it all another thought....forward thinking to the new job ya want when crap is over it is over. blank it out, plus even tho that job didn't work out all that beach time you got and enjoyed sure was a plus thru it all

Nicco, love the pic ya sent. So happy for everyone!!

I watched Emily in Paris. It was ok, something to watch. TV seems to be everyone's friend right now thru it all. entertaining? oh gosh we try to make it be, heck right now I am re-watching Star Trek Voyager LOL

Lori, waiting for check in, Gabby must have woken her up by now

Hey all
got a hankering for seafood. pair with chicken and burgers today.

need steak sales bad. had chuck roast on sale and went but all sold out. meat guy says another truck Tues. ugh. I am SO low on steaks, heck I am sweating here ya know HAHA Boy when a good sale comes, my freezer will be packed!

got that 'thin empty feeling' I love love love and it usually means a small drop on the scale might come...just waiting on that to happen. been a bit since I moved down and while I don't really care, cause clothes are still getting looser ever so slowly, I still like to see a lower number, yea I know HAHA holding my low and waiting

big rain around. last night was torrential type....wow. another 2 days of rain I think....gonna be boring day around here for sure.

nothing doing, but hope ya'll have more action than me here today

over and out and be good everyone
  #1806   ^
Old Sun, Oct-11-20, 05:29

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Yep.....slept in till nearly 7 o'clock. Gabby was outside all night, so no middle of the night prancing around for me.

Golf was fun yesterday, but my score was crap, as usual. I really have to just enjoy the process and forget about the score. In the grand scheme of things, it just doesn't matter. There were 4 of us playing...my usual partner, one of the guys from the club who we are all friends with and another friend...the one whose BF had a heart attack last weekend. I felt bad for her. She was talking to me and crying before we ever started playing. Her BF is not handling his heart problems well, emotionally. He is angry and is taking it out on her. This was his 2nd heart attack in 3 years and he's only 55 years old. Genetic, I guess, because he is SO careful about his diet and keeping his blood pressure & chol numbers low. Just goes to show you, I guess. Anyway, she said he's not sharing what he's feeling and she feels like a target for his anger. She's playing with us today again.....she said she just needs to get out of the house.

Nic.....loved the photo you shared. What a happy time in your family.

Jaz...hope the perfect job pops up for you one of these days. It's so great that you had this time to regroup.

Trig...2 weeks camping at the beach sounds like a dream. So great that you have that to look forward to.

--------

Our son and grandson along with a friend were in Key West from last Tuesday till yesterday. I don't think it was a good idea, but they weren't going to listen to me. Anyway, they were flying home last night, but their flight was delayed leaving Key West and they missed their connection in Charlotte. They called last evening and told us that they rented a car and were driving home from Charlotte. Good grief....500 miles. Talk about a crappy ending to your trip! To top it off, while they were out on a fishing trip on Friday, DS dropped his phone into the water. That added some $$ to the trip! I just hope they didn't bring the "Thing" home.

Well, I have time for another cup of coffee and then it'll be time to head out. Cloudy today, but warm in the mid 60's.

Later!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Oct-11-20 at 05:43.
  #1807   ^
Old Sun, Oct-11-20, 13:51

BF:

Good Afternoon! HERE!!!!!

Trig- I forgot you are a "trekkie too!" I think I have seen then all and funny you mention it I started Voyager last week as well. I think Janeway is my favorite "Captain" because she was also bringing her COFFEE BLACK- to the bridge to start her day! None of this Earl Gray crap!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Yes on the steaks!!!!!! Girl pile up!!!! I have so much true beef right now I am in cow heaven!!!!! Steaks tonight and tomorrow.

Holy hanna on nothing to do but TV sometimes. That was my day yesterday and most of today.
Are you getting as much rain as I am?????

You just keep right on posting those videos for yours truly to browse! They are so motivating!
I was reading the last one you sent- Then I went into her website and started reading her blog on true Carnivore VS "dirty" Carnivore. So interesting.
My take of course is that not everyone can do plain meat and water. Bravo to those that can.
But she went on to say which I agreed with is you get there in steps. you go "dirty carnivore for awhile and lose your want for alot of spices, and "stuff". I think that is spot on. Anyway, she was an interesting read!!!!

NIC- I know you are over the moon with good things happening in the family!!!! SWEET- thanks for sharing.

Are you still taking your BS and Ketones? I think those are such a better indicator of how you are doing than a scale!!!!!
What is in the Butcher Box tonight?!?!?!?!?!

Lori- How was your game yesterday? OMG you have "kids coming to your house straight off a plane from Florida?????????
I am speechless.
Fingers crossed. I am surprised you said yes. I would have said no way.
But then again I am paranoid as we progress further into Fall!!!!
Covid is no joke.

Anyway- keep up posted on that one!!!
I will keep my trap shut....... I am sure you got this handled!
How long are they staying?
Are you cooking?

Blue- Hey there! Think of you often!!!!!! Get back here soon ok?!?!?!?!?
-----------------------------------------------
No up for much chit chat on my end. Been a sloth yesterday and today.

Made steak for dinner and mushrooms on top, not many. I am not that hungry so it will be ok.
Tummy was not great yesterday. I had gravy on my meat last night- only to find it had dairy in it. OMG the gut pain.

Yup- Need purer............. tonight simple and not extra but a few mushrooms.

Started watching Emily in Paris and blew though 8 episodes last night.
Thanks NIC- It is ok......... I will finish it. Predictable and sappy- but hey don't we all want the girl to find her prince?!?!?!?

Time for dinner!!!!
  #1808   ^
Old Sun, Oct-11-20, 17:29

BF:

Rained all day....... watching Voyager season 4- Trig got me wanting to watch it. Something so comforting about watching it. Like a fuzzy pair of slippers / simpler times!!!!!!

Dinner was great, gut feels better. Making some decisions about going forward. Just thinking, nothing firm.
All good.

Later......
  #1809   ^
Old Sun, Oct-11-20, 18:43

BF:

Jaz......Kids did NOT come to my house from Florida. They live about 20 minutes from us and were in Key West on a little vacation. They came home to THEIR house.....not mine. DS is a grown ass man and he decided to go to FL. I just hope they didn't get exposed to the Thing while they were there.

Had a good day on the golf course today. Much better score than yesterday and a fun time.

Mammogram at 7AM tomorrow and then home to make applesauce and just putter around the house. Trainer at 1.....that will be enough for 1 day.

G'nite!
  #1810   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 05:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I am sure they will be fine Lori. Many are traveling and more and with usual precautions one can usually get thru ok....fingers crossed all is cool with them LOL

So I got sinus. this 3 days of big rain and down I went. got the woozey head, the brain fog, the I don't care what happens attitude and just tired and icky.

So drugging it out which is helping some and just moving slow thru the days here.

usual ugh for me, but again, normal for me LOL

chat up later,
all good,

but WEEeeee, I lost 1/2 lb finally on the scale. Long time since I got some off that darn scale and it is cool it is slow CAUSE I tried on a blouse that was gappy at the boob area with the buttons, ya know, a tad tight and tried on the blouse again last night and it hangs perfect over the boobs now....nice flat lie and I can wear this nice shirt again! So body still changing

ok chat up later, head is like WOOooooozy so come back later and see whats shaking.

be good everyone
  #1811   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 06:37

BF:

OMG Lori- Tell me how you really feel about DS and their little escape to Florida! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- OMG you had me rolling with that sentence......
I need to stop laughing and type!!!!! PRICELESS......... That was full belly laugh too!

mammo..... then to trainer! Enjoy your work out. Is your leg still bothering you? Ask him if you get a chance what helps plantar fasciitis. I took you advice with the ice and balls. It still bothers me after walking.

TRIG - Fell asleep listening to Dr. Berry. He is good truly. I had a feeling that scale was going to give it up for you. Again I so wished you had measured. I would be amazed how many inches you have lost!!!!

Sorry about the sinus, but you have been socked in with rain like me. Today the sun is trying to peek out!!!
Does anything work for you? You really suffer with that crap!
Hopefully you can relax with hubby working and kiddo with school today!

What are you making for dinner?!?!

NIC-- still so happy for your family! Exciting times!
I finished Emily in Paris- what a cliff hanger!!!
Yea the NE GA was with my co-worker. It was a crazy thing..... not for this thread. I took a pass after I heard full intent.

How is the KETO new recipes going? Is Butcher Box GRASS FED BEEF? I picked up tenderloin from Costco but it is Prime, which is good but it is not grass fed. But hey it will get eaten!!!!!

Blue- Another week, I hope you are getting done what needs to happen and your are gets back here soon!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Woke up feeling very rested and back to normal! No gut/tummy troubles, "thinner", clear not groggy, just feeling fine! My foot is still bothersome but I think it will take a minute from what I am reading for plantar fasciitis to go away!
I am looking for some stretches to help! I am using ice like Lori said and got better shoes.

I am going to "play" market this morning then maybe head out to the botanical gardens for a walk.
I sent out 5 applications last night all for Case Manager jobs - in Ohio. I am not opposed.
I am applying for remote telahealth stuff work anywhere USA as well. If I were able to get a remote job/anywhere I would have to think very carefully where I would choose to live.
But not I keep moving forward, enjoy the time I am here and continue to get in better shape. Using my time wisely!

Nothing else shaking today- but the day is young.

OMAD- Left over steak add eggs/ one slice of bacon to eggs for taste! OH YES. I love breakfast for dinner.
Lost that last pound- back to square..... I feel the bloat gone. Now back to losing again!!!!!

Back later
  #1812   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 09:17

BF:

Good Morning!

Up early, a cup of coffee, shower and then off to Mammogram. Temp check etc before you can get past the lobby. All good. I was back home by 7:15! Another cuppa and then got busy making applesauce. Done.....bacon baked....done. Having a rather productive Monday. Off to the trainer in a couple hours. I have to hit the grocery store sometime so I can come up with something to feed DH for dinner.

Trig....sorry the rain has kicked up your sinus issues. Miserable.

Jaz.....good luck on the job hunt. Tele nurse sounds like a good alternative until this pandemic is over.....whenever that may be? Years? Sigh.......

Nic.....have a good week!

Blue......
  #1813   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 17:00

BF:

Hey all.......
all good day

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Oct-12-20 at 17:24.
  #1814   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 18:11

BF:

Hey all-

Just a quick check in. Yesterday was a happy day with the engagement. Today was a sucky day and I don't feel like getting into it. I'll check in tomorrow.
  #1815   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 18:26

BF:

NIC- I get sucky day.Mine was too and I erased it......
feel for you. Hope it wasn't too bad.

Tomorrow another day for us both...... JOB looking and ready to go...over just babysitting.
Love my kids......... but more than just sitter..... enough