Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1891   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-20, 06:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- cross posted. Sorry about your golf but at least yesterday was a high note!

Wow, getting homemade applesauce completed by this early? I am proud to have gotten some sheets into the washer and unloaded/loaded the dishwasher!
Sponsored Links
  #1892   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-20, 16:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

had to stick Bolt in hospital overnight. Put down a $800 payment and can go up to about 12/1300 total for this.

I gotta say it got scary for him.

Vet said smart move to bring him in, he got support with IV and some meds and they are monitoring but vet said he is 'seizure dog out of it still' but he is improving so that is good.

long damn day here.

so so so so tired.....in fact I feel icky right now. sinus type/super tired/brain fried type feeling ya know, yea, I know you guys know this feeling LOL

chat up later, be good all
  #1893   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-20, 17:40

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%
Angry

TRIG- OMG my heart is with you and family over Bolt- !!!!!!!!! HUGS AND MORE HUGS!!!!!
Poor little guy- please keep us updated.

Lori- - sorry today the weather sorta was not good for golf. You are getting what we have had last couple days!!!!

NIC-
I agree -they DO grow between 25 and 30 amazing so.....
Anyway- awesome to here plans moving in right direction for Up coming Elvis Fest!!!!! HAHAHAHA
-------------------------------------------\\
Got up this morning with every intention of working markets and job hunt, and apt hunt.
NO internet/ NO TV-
To top it off- the bathroom shower drain is clogged and I stood in a foot of water taking a shower.

I am DONE OH DONE OH DONE. - Called Owner- no response.
Texed owner. She said she was "surprised" to hear all this. I told her the internet goes out daily but this time it has been down most of day. told her about shower, and the mold and sewer smell still present.

I told her I want refunded in full, wrote a letter officially dates, times, and issues and requesting refund in full.
This has been circus from day one.
I even lost my bumper off car (yea I haven't told ya about that) because her tree roots are too high in drive way and ripped it off.

I am DONE.
Wrote a letter. told her I was turning her in to health dept, and will write a very TRUTHFUL review - I want my full refund and I am leaving Saturday.

I needed to work today and did nothing but drive around looking for a place to stay, in Easley, Greenville, All places within 30 miles of DD. NOPE nothing. Airbnb- nothing- I have searched and search. Issue is cost and pet and this time of year/ add COVID.

So I had a heart to heart with DD. I am likely going to leave this area.
There are some places......... OMG near Atlanta - North near Buford. and Athens. I might check there. It would be about 1.3 hours. Not ideal. but I dunno- I may say to heck with it and hit up St. simon again

Lots to do tomorrow- lets see how this plays out.

Got a text from owner stating she was too tired to deal with all of this stress right now.

All she has to do is refund me/ case over.
I am out- no more stress for me. I laid out dates, pictures- it all. I will keep giving her bills. DAILY.......... And Emails, and then call who needs to be called.

I am done talking about this all too! I am tired.

I did however watch a cool Netflix yesterday- Queens/ Chess game. About a woman in the 60's as the first woman world champ chess player. It sounds boring, but really was so so good. Up on a 60's back drop about womens rights.

Ok all-
HUGS TRIG.........

EDITED:BACK....... UPDATES
So Got an email from owner here- I am getting full refund. She also told me she thinks the mistake is that she hired a distant friend to oversee her property and sent her all the pics I have sent her and she is grossed out.

She is not disputing the refund at all but thanked me for all the information. So as soon as that is completed (I sent her a paypal request) I am done here and case close-

Also found a cute condo at the top of my budget / but it does include all utilities in Athens GA. 1 hour 5 min from DD. That was as close as I could get.
The condo is really cute- but I want a drive by and look at it before I say say this time.

So........ progress. So I would be there Nov/Dec. - St. Simon Jan.
The only thing in Athens- is the college. Cute small town in GA.
OK now going to prop up feet!!!!!

Carbs- under 15- (7 carbs for wine much deserved. )
Movement-

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Oct-26-20 at 19:43.
  #1894   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-20, 04:04

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz......So, so glad that you have gotten the LL to agree to the refund and you can slam the door on that place and get out! Ugh! I hope the place in Athens turns out to be a nice place till you can get back to St. Simons. Do you think you'll try to stay in the same place in St. Simons? All good thoughts coming your way.

Trig...Oh my on the doggo. I hope the Vet can get him stabilized and on some meds to control the seizures.

Nic....sounds like things are up in the air with your boys. These days we just have to go with the flow, don't we? Hard to plan for anything as everything changes and who knows where we'll end up with this pandemic.

Hope you had a good "sit" with the baby.

---------

DH & I both woke up early again. WTH?? Gabby was in but did not ask to go out last night. She knew the weather was nasty....rainy & cold, so was content to be inside.

Today DH's friend is coming, so I have to do some cleaning this morning. Just a quick run thru with the vacuum etc. This time of year we drag leaves in the house like crazy. I clean them up and the next time DH comes in from outside, you'd never know I cleaned at all. Seems like a losing battle.

I had a horrible eating day yesterday. I was just a bottomless pit! Today I am determined to make it a low cal day. I want to get back into my EOD diet for the winter. I have to get myself in control or it could get really ugly. I'm like a bear trying to put on winter hibernation weight! My exercise is getting less and less......I hate winter!

I'll be back to check on you later.
  #1895   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-20, 05:30

BF:

Good Morning Ladies-
Amazing how my mood has changed knowing I am leaving this H^ll hole.
I am going to check out the Athen apt PRIOR to accepting! But I have options- and I am leaving. I can't believe I stayed a month. It STILL reeks of mold and sewer.

You know I have been using Airnb/ and the Nursing finders web site. I have never come across anything but cute, until now. I have heard stories!!! So I know it does happen. It was even falsely advertised. This is not a detached, in a farm. It's a basement in a hillbilly woods, and a nasty one at that.

She did send me a refund- it will take 3 days for PayPal to process. So I am wondering if I should just let it go and not write a review. A review however would have stopped me. Thoughts?

TRIG- First and foremost how is the pup?!?!?!?!?!?!? I am crossing my fingers for that little guy!!!!! But oh sweetie I get the heart strings they pull on us. I get it. I sure hope something can be done that is not too $$$$$ and invasive at this point.
I am sure that is all you and the family have been thinking about!

Lori- You are up early!!!!! Not surprised!!!! You and Trig the early birds now!!!!

HAHAHAH- I had to not read your sentence so literally regarding leaves!!!! That or I am still sleepy and waking up!!!!!! You wrote: This time of year we drag leaves in the house like crazy. I clean them up and the next time DH comes in from outside, you'd never know I cleaned at all.- I am picturing pulling in a tarp of leaves and saying to my self- why does she pull leaves into their house? To CLEAN THEM?!?!?!?!?!?
Then I re-read- OMG- You drag them on the bottom of your shoes and VACCUM them up......... Oh wow- I need more coffee!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH I am not running on all cylinders yet!!!!!

Set my alarm to get up early and went to bed late!
So what is EOD Diet- End of Day? I am having trouble here!!!! HAHAHAH- I need to go back to bed!

Oh my- well that just SLAPPIN that you have a house guest coming and getting cleaned up for it. Remember when you said something silly - the response was "say good night Gracie!!!! - Showing my age there!
Is it still raining? Did you get your apple sauce made?

Nic- I am sure you are in full planning and thinking mode! You are the most organized person I have run across!!!

Glad you got your ballot in. I do think that voting is SO important.
Going back a few posts. I know it is SO easy to fall back to old patterns with adult kids, in doing like you did when they were younger.
My son love me to cook for him. But I do think now maybe a system / chart with chores and all for everyone might be helpful. That way everyone is on board and all expectations are up front. You should not have to cook and clean nightly.
However, I would rather cook than clean- so you find "your thing" and divvy up the rest!!! Just a thought!

Have you ever been to Athens? You have been about everywhere!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Going to the Apple farm with the kiddos this morning. It is in Hendersonville NC. About an hour north in the mountains - DD is driving. It should be pretty.
So I guess today is the last day for "YOU PICK"- You buy the bag
and go pick them yourself!
They sell apple cider donuts and of course apple cider to drink and have a small petting zoo (ACK) for the kids!!!
DD told me to dress appropriately as it will be a bit cooler in the mountains. I am still in beach mode!!!! HAHAHAHAH- ahhh yes!! The flip flop life!

The boundaries with WOE is helping! I am losing bloat! Looking for true weight next! But I feel better and have that "thinner" feeling! That is such a funny thing how you can be any weight and feel bloat/ and thinner! Anybody who has struggled know this is true!

I am looking forward to Athens. I looked it up on Google and also "livability". Yes it is a collage town, but it have more than that. It was rated in the top 10 for small town music and arts, right behind Asheville!
It also boasts miles and miles of greenbelt for BIKING!!!!-
It is nicely located from ATl. about 75 min- traffic depending, and 3 hours from the coast, hour from my DD, 40 min. from my mother. Perfect. It is back dropped in a rolling country side and boast sweet charm.
The plan there is 2 months. Nov./Dec- and then I will decide if St. Simon is still a go for Jan/Feb.

I have applied to about 7 total positions now - all remote work from anywhere USA. I would like to get back to work of some sort. So I will continue to check those types out, and some clinics/ doctors offices as well!!!!!

Gotta run- few things to finish before apple picking! I will pass on apples!

Back later- have a good one!
  #1896   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-20, 06:52

BF:

Lori I hear you how the big season changes can effect our eating, bear packing it on for hibernation, I sure get that LOL

EOD is a great way for you to roll.

Your leaves is our 'carolina red clay' mud we get on everything LOL it is super annoying, and the constant cleaning is then more darn frustrating. You had me laughing on this, I so know what you are going thru

Jaz, yea what are you doing in an icky stinky apt in boringville...haha....well you will hit things like this, nothing you can do about that but move on....super happy you got money back and have a deadline to ditch this experience behind ya.

Athens is big horse area It is a nice spot for sure....nothing wrong with Athens, I think you will probably do well there.----oppps, edited to say it might be Alpheretta that is the big horse area...hell confused now on it

Glad you are feeling better with bloat and more.....keep on trucking!!

Nicco, I am lost on posts, when ya chat again I will chat with ya HAHA

I am brain dead as much as the darn dog is right now!

So I got a darn $200 refund from emergency vet. My 800 deposit and his bill was only $600.....only $600....shoot me but he is ok at this point and on another med.

but he IS OFF....he is whining, roaming house, being a royal pain in the azz, coming up to me whining and acting like a nut job and I HOPE to hell all this passes cause if this is his personality from now I won't cope. I was hoping his happy azz would sleep and recover but he is friggin' wide open and then took some 'pellet' poops on the hardwood thank god and not the carpet, then wanted to eat it....holy crap I got the brain fried dog here.....I SO hope he calms down. I don't know....I swear I am gonna go batshit crazy in the end of this and other stuff I got going down. ugh

oh well, I have to smile thru it all cause the alternative sucks It is what it is, is very true so just deal!

ok have to address whining dog staring me down here ---SIGH

and back in to say the SOB just took a pellet poop on the friggin carpet in front of me while posting this..........heaven help me and him, cause in the end I will win thru this all, I think
  #1897   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-20, 05:14

BF:

Good Morning!

We had a nice visit with DH's friend yesterday. I set out a nice lunch and we all just chatted it up for a few hours. Today I have a 1.5 hour massage starting at 9 and then I meet with the trainer at 1. I only have 2 more sessions with the trainer, today and Friday. I'm not going to rejoin the gym at this point. I feel safe there since so few people are ever there, but just not feeling like I want to continue right now. I may go back after the first of the year...not sure.

I guess we'll have some sun today, but the next 2 days are looking UGLY. Rainy, cold, dreary. We'll be playing golf on Saturday though it will be pretty chilly, but sunny.

I made it thru a good DD(down day) in my quest to resume the EOD(Every Other Day) diet. I'm just about to put some bacon in the oven to begin my UD(up day). Another DD on tap for tomorrow.

Trig.....hope Bolt is doing a bit better today. So hard when the fur babies are sick...they can't tell you what hurts!

Jaz....any good possibilities on housing for the rest of the year? Thanks for the pics of your adventures yesterday.

Nic....hope you're having a good week!

-------

Ok......I'm a hungry girl. Bacon and eggs coming up!
  #1898   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-20, 05:23

BF:

Lori, so glad you down day went well. Back on track right and holding strong best we can do!

Maybe in January too at your gym they will be offering that 'new year special' and you can join alot cheaper? hey take all those discounts when ya can LOL

Enjoy that message!

Hey all

I got an easy peasy type day.

Dog is doing 'bit better' this morning. More normal but omg still 'off' and moving so slow. ugh. but time should improve him I hope, critters do bounce back fast.

day is go with hubby to pick up the truck from the tire place...tires like 1400, we need 10 ply mega good tires for the truck for pulling the rv. omg the cost. kill me someone please.

when heading home I will swing by store and check out meat counter. My freezer is always screaming for good sales LOL

Got a rv trip booked for next week. Leave Tues, come home Sat. We just have to get away. Lakefront campsite. Do I bring my kayak or not? Hmm. Debating cause it is a short trip and temps are not that favorable for being in the water but? still thinking on it. Fishing/hiking a bit/relaxing/goofing off is just what I need Hell we all need it in this house LOL

have to hit shower, get ready to roll to get truck here in a bit.
be good all
  #1899   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-20, 06:42

BF:

Good Morning ladies!!!!!

Trig- I am so glad you checked in about Bolt. Poor little guy!!! I might poo on the floor too if I had all that medically going on!!! I would not EAT IT THOUGH... Give him a few days and he will be back to his cheery little self!!!!

YES YES AND YES on an RV lakeside run!!!!! Where did you find? I would TAKE the kayaks. Just when you think no, you will want them. Better to have and use than not have them. Doesn't mean you have to swim! Good exercise!!!!!
Oh and then a hot burning campfire to come back too...... making me JELLY now!!!!!
I just love a good campfire at night in the fall, nothing like it. Such a great time of year for that!!!!

A bit of lake, a bit of sun and all will do you very good!!!! LOVE IT.

I hear ya on the meat sales. I am still eating my way through my steaks and crab and loving every bite!!!!!

Lori- I am getting the rain today, you will get tomorrow. Then it is supposed to get nice for a few days but cooler!!! I am right there with TRIG in that red clay!!!-
We have red clay that gets everywhere especially when wet- think DOG PAWS!!!! URGHHHHH- so hard to get out of fabric!
Took me a long time to get used to the color of the soil here!!!!

Even the grass here is not "real" grass. It is Bermuda grass, thick rough blades spaced apart. Unlike the soft green and such grass up north! Plus the fire ants here build mounds. Gotta watch those!

I totally get you not going to the gym over the winter months. To be honest the "mother hen" in my is happy about you not going. I am sure you can find something with not as much exposure to keep you fit.
So my son bought a "flat" treadmill off Amazon. It is lightweight and literally is just the walking pad, and its thin. He is a runner and uses his in front of the TV. It is so light weight as well he just picks it up and leans it again the wall when done.
I have seen it and want one too! I think I would use something like that- over the huge treadmill I sold.
It truly is so cool- I would use it. It is met for walking and a slow jog. It hold up to 350 and has a nice wide base, yet light weight.
Something like that, and add a weight workout and that could be an option.

I have that on my TO GET list when the job comes around! Check it out- it could be an option for you. Do you still have a DVD player? I know there are some good videos still out there. I don't have a DVD player anymore. It died and I never replaced it. But there was a video set - Beach Booty or something to that effect that looked good.

YEA on the EOD way of eating! That worked so well for you and NIC!!! You will drop again in no time!!!!

NIC- hey waiting for updates!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I would have checked back in with you yesterday but a 5 year and a 3 year took me down and out for the count!!!! We left yesterday for Henderson NC for the apple orchard. DD drove- I am not a great passenger, just FYI. My DD was just chatting away, and then yelling at the kids, the kids were fighting and I was a nervous wreck by the time we got there.
She would turn around to break up the fight and I would be like - HEY RED LIGHT!!!!!!!!!! My DD just laugh and said- RELAX mom....... happens all the time. OMG She just kept chatting away happily in her zone...... OMG I needed wine or something at 830 am!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

Then the Apple farm- I should have worn my "other" shoes as my Plantar foot desired to start screaming pain about a mile in. It was a U PICK gig. You pay 20 bucks for a bag and go pick your apples. Then you have to WALK to go get them and haul them back. The only apples left still on the tree were Pink Ladies, which were 1.5 miles down the hill and to the left of the orchard. THE orchard is on the side of a mountain. The walk was down to get there and UP to get back.
At that point- we have 30 pounds of apples and "lil bit" besides she wants CARRIED the entire way back.

I am DYING cause of my foot, extra 50 pounds of flesh I am moving around, not used to hiking and my DD sweeting says.... APPLES or the kid..... to CARRY. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! I took the kid, then switched to apples, then back to the kid. I was pooped, sweaty and tired. the kids?!?!?!? Nope- started whining to go play at the petting zoo.

Where was the petting zoo you ask? 3/4 of a mile the other direction on the farm- back down the hill. OMG..... I did not what to be the whining GIGI- so I sucked it up butter cup and just kept going. We did not get back until 4.
After a 30 min. drive back to this apt- I heated left overs and kept nodding off in a chair. I barely ate and went to bed at......... 7:45.

Slept straight though until 7:30 this morning and having coffee and here I am.

First: I am grateful for coffee!!!!!!!
But seriously it was a huge wake up call to me. The fact I had SUCH a hard time with the walk and the 5 year old ran circles around me is disturbing on many levels!

I have got to get in better shape! I would say yesterday was a 4.5 mile day. I asked DD what she thought was walked and guessed about the same.

She does 6-7 miles on a regular basis so this was a "nothing" hike for her. She goes to the mountains regular to hike and takes the kids. She is the one you see with a baby strapped to her back and a little by her side and a dog chasing along - yea that person.

Funny thing- I was coming up the mountain and had the sack of apples, sweating and really short of breath. I saw a family going DOWN the mountain to get apples and the dad was heavy set and lagging behind his thin wife and kid. I looked at him and he looked at me- then I said: Yup this will be you in an hour!!! He belly laughed and said that is what I am afraid of!!!!

I don't want to BE that lagger!!! What a wake up call!!! I am sure my foot had a small part to play- but it was more of I AM NOT IN SHAPE!!!

The landscape was so pretty..... had I not be so focused on my imminent demise and lack of oxygen to my brain I could have enjoyed it more!!! The kids and DD had a GRAND time. Time for this GIGI to get it together. I am over being the lagger. The thing is also, my EX came to visit DD last week and they went hiking as well. I am totally sure HE DID FINE...... urghhhhhhh

OK- moving on, literally. Today we have the downpour rain. I got up and it is dark as night out- and pouring!!!!! Supposed to rain all day.

Going to use today to follow up on some resumes I sent this week and the apt I am interested in.

Food today- Filet and steamed broccoli - looking at 15 carbs if I have one 5 oz glass of wine with it. If not it will come in about 7 carbs for the broccoli.
OMAD so works for me.

Well that is it on my end. will chat up later as you all get on.
BLUE- YOU ARE MISSED, just not the same!!!!
  #1900   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-20, 08:07

BF:

Hey everyone,

Doing some catch-up.

Trig – so glad that you have Bolt back at home. Sounds like he really went through the wringer! I hope that he continues to improve and gets back to himself quickly.

I'm so excited for you that you have a trip scheduled next week. It's nice to be able to go anywhere just to have a change of scenery these days.

Jaz- I laughed out loud several times reading your post about your trip to the apple picking farm. I also laughed out loud when you said that if you'd been through everything Bolt had been through, you probably would've pooped on the floor also! Cracked me up!

It sounds like stamina is something that you might need to focus on in the future, based on what you wrote. Food wise your health is in a great place. I'm glad you got that day with your grandkids and daughter though- it sounds awesome.

I haven't been to Athens, I don't think. I have heard of it though. When do you think you might go and look at a place there? I shared your renting experience with DS22 who will be going to New York City because I really think he needs to look at whatever place he might end up renting. Being young he was kind of blowing me off but I guess that's how he'll learn if he doesn't.

Lori – I've had a bottomless pit day recently too, so I hear you! Glad you enjoyed hanging out with DH's friend. I'm also glad that you've gotten to get some golf in before things get rainy and wet and cold. You've had a great golfing season this year.

Glad your DD was successful!

•••••••

Things have been fine here, just busy the last few days. I worked Monday and also will be working today. Yesterday I went to the gynecologist and also had my online FaceTime interview thing with a perinatal provider for my certification. I believe that went well though and I only have a couple of more things to door the paperwork. I anticipate sending that off by the first week in November. It will be exciting to close that chapter but it will be a good three months before I hear a result from them.

Like Lori mentioned the other day, I had a bottomless pit day on Monday and a little bit on Tuesday. Then yesterday I broke down and had french fries and a cookie. Today will be getting back on track. Not the end of the world to do that now and again but I don't want to let it run away with me, obviously.

I'm trying my first Bang soda today. I keep hearing about them and just wanted to give it a try. It's OK but not some thing I would do on the regular.

Rainy today but I believe the temperatures will get up into the 60s. We've had great temperatures this fall; I have no complaints.

I've got a load of laundry in and will be leaving for work in less than an hour. I work until three. Dinner tonight will be an enchilada casserole type thing to use up the rotisserie chicken that's in the refrigerator. Planning on breaded pork tenderloin for tomorrow night.

DH is in his trial this week and said his first day went really well. Hopefully the rest of the trial will go smoothly and it should be finished by the end of the week.

That's more or less it on this end. Nothing too exciting!
  #1901   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-20, 20:58

BF:

Quick check in - Athens fell through.... he book it to another travel nurse and just "forgot" to take it off website. I have been SCRAMBLING ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Was getting super discouraged........ After you tubing how to live in a Honda I went back to the drawing board after learning the dude in the video got robbed..... totally true...... not funny for him......

Now for the news:..... just to tell you this girl is headed to Hilton Head for 3 months..... Leaving Sat- Beach is across the parking lot!!!!!!!!
HOT DARN!!!!!- AND my refund will totally pay for two months. HOT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally stoked, very COOL, SLAPPIN HAPPY.....BEACH_ I KNEW IT WAS CALLING MY NAME.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Oct-28-20 at 21:26.
  #1902   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-20, 03:11

BF:

Good Morning!

Planning to stay in this whole day. It is going to pour down rain ALL day and I'll be content to be inside. I have laundry to do and other household stuff.....I think DH will be here most of the day too. I got up early to have my coffee in peace before he gets up and starts chatting at me. Some days he gets a real "talker" on.....others he's quiet. What will today bring?

Jaz.....Hilton Head? How exciting! I've always wanted to go there......have you been there before? How far is that from where you are now?
I have heard that it's very beautiful.

Trig....anxious to hear about your lakeside campsite next week. Have you been there before? Sounds like a nice little getaway. Yikes on the $$$ for tires on the truck, but gotta have good ones. Hope Bolt continues to improve.

Nic.....Glad DH's trial is going well. I can't imagine the pressure and stress he feels. Ok....I want to come for dinner when you have enchilada casserole.....OMG, that sounds SO good!

Yes, we've had great Fall weather. It has been great for golf. My golfing partner is retiring and Friday is her last day to work. The weather next Tuesday & Wednesday looks sunny and in the 50's.....perfect for golf!

------

My massage yesterday ended up being almost 2 hours. She did deep tissue and really dug into my muscles from head to foot. Not my favorite type of massage, but anything to get this hamstring loosened up. She's also working on my shoulder to try to get me more mobility. It is functional, but not where it should be since breaking it.....almost 2 years ago(can you believe it's been that long?).

Trainer put me thru a good workout too. One more session with him and then I have to figure out how to get myself to work out on my own.

Today is another DD....lots of coffee, tea and water in my future. I made good use of my UD yesterday

Later!
  #1903   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-20, 07:36

BF:

Nicco glad you hubby is doing fine in trial and seems less stressed I guess. Sounds like all that is winding down a bit for him and getting easier on him with work stress? Hope so!!

wow that is long, about 3 months to wait on results from all that. well ya know, sounds crazy but 3 months will fly by in a way

Yea, always hold a watchful eye on 'extas' you allow into your life, cause we can become that runaway train fast but it sounds to me you are on even ground and doing very well and you got this! Keep on truckin'!

Lori, being such a cold miserable rainy high wind day from our hurricane coming thru, I bet your DH is gonna be a quiet one today. This type of weather just sucks the life outta ya, good day to turn on the tv and just chill and veg Hey I wanna know if I called it right HAHA

wow 2 yrs on that shoulder injury and thing is you are still feeling limited mobility and such. bet that continues, sometimes things just are 'set off and lower' after an injury like that but in the end I hope more healing comes your way.

yea stupid tires came out at $1,311. Kill me please but I know this owning a big truck so I make sure when tire day comes, I am ready but still again, hard money to part with ya know

Jaz, HILTON HEAD
lucky lucky. such a nice area. Love the quiet and community of that place!

and you are doing what? applying for jobs there? or? still just chilling til the end of Jan?

remember tho, that darn beach wind does become darn cold later in the year in winter LOL One of the most miserable trips was in Jan. at Myrtle and the cold wind off that ocean was insanity but you still got the good months there and I know you will love it....can't wait to hear more!!

you and me, beach people to the ultimate

SO ZC is going fab.

In a sweet spot, feel a drop coming on the scale and just waiting for it. got that 'feel thinner' feeling and just gonna keep doing my thing.

damn pool cover is dead and deceased. Hurricane winds we got happening now have ripped it to shreds. Like a frickin' sail. Watching it whip in these 60 mile hr guts is fun to watch, but at the same time I think, damn I gotta buy a new one

Putting off shop with mom til tomorrow. too bad out side, this wind would blow her over

Hubby got job driving to Asheville. He is gone.

Kid and me going to wally world for a few art supplies she needs for school. she is barely moving, who knows when we will get out and about today. to me if we don't leave by 9am the day is over......heck missed that already.

power blinked on off and hope we keep it cause they say alot of trees are coming down in the wind.

other than all that, SOS day mostly be good
  #1904   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-20, 11:40

BF:

> at DD putting down dot as I have lost power and internet. Had to drive to go get coffee. Trees and power down everywhere here.

Up more when I get back to apt and hopefully power back on. Kids are YAPPING and I have no privacy
  #1905   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-20, 17:11

BF:

Jaz- WOW GIRL!! Going to live in Hilton Head!! How cool is that?! What is the apartment like? I can't wait to hear more about all of it!

And you are leaving SOON! It's about four hours or so from DD, right? I'm glad you have had the time with them that you have had though.

Lori- We are having the same rainy day. Ugh. It has been a coffee and low carb hot cocoa sort of day around here because man oh man was it gloomy! Not much wind though. We were predicted a windy rain but it was just rainy.

I thought your golfing was over but it sounds like you have a reprieve for next week. Yay for November golfing!

Trig- I'm glad you are still feeling so solidly in the zone and skinny too. That is fab!

Sucks about the pool cover. Did you and DD get out today or no?

••••••••••

Today was okay, just one of those days, you know? Nothing wrong with it, I wasn't exactly blue, it was just BLAH. Icky weather, gray, rainy. A good day to bake but I baked a banana cake yesterday (which I am not eating) and so there was nothing to be baked.

I watched some videos, did some laundry, took a bath, putzed around but just felt sort of aimless and restless. Ah well, no biggie. And I did paint a garden gnome that I got for a silly gift!

DH closes his trial tomorrow and is hoping for a win. We'll see how it goes. DS18 goes to visit his GF this weekend so we will (briefly) be empty nesters.

Absolutely nothing of any consequence to report otherwise on my end. Hoping for a nicer weather day tomorrow!