Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 16:55

Plan: modified Dr. A
Stats: 214.5/214.5/150 Male 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool LC Frozen Cappucino

Last year I started on Starbucks Frozen Cappucinos and then moved on and became addicted to Tim Hortons Iced Cappucinnos.

I started CAD diet in March this year and have been afraid to touch the Iced Cappucinno in case I cannot stop.

It is the middle of summer and it would be nice to have one.

The question is does anyone have a LC recipe for Iced Cappucino?

I do not know how much carbs are in the Tim Horton cappucino, but I believe it is loaded with sugar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Joe
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 08:21
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I just checked the website and there are 32 carbs in the ice cap. I think you could make one up in the blender using cold Tim's cofee(nice and strong)some ice cubes, whipping or heavy cream and some Splenda. I've been thinking of trying this. Sound good?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 09:44

BF:
Cool

Thanks for your input Janjan.

I followed your path and also checked into the TH web page and learned that the ice cap. with cream has 30 grams carb.

I watched TH employee make it last year and they use a coffee syrup with shaved ice and blend it with cream.

Do you think that we can save up to 30 grams of carb. by using Splenda? How much carb is in strong coffee????

Thanks
Joe

P.S. I hate to use any artificial sweetner. Can we get any sweetness from whipped cream?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 10:41
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Joe,

You can use Stevia as a sweetener. It's naturally derived from a plant with little interference from man. I know what you mean about those "blended" coffee drinks. When I go to Starbucks, and look at those Frappucino's, I realize that I've come a long way in the LC world!

I count espresso or coffee as 1 carb, but it is a bit lower - around .8.

I would use cold espresso or instant espresso blended with ice, water and sweetener. Then blend in cream briefly at the end because over whipping will turn it to butter. Try it without sweetener and see if you like it.

If you use it as a rare treat, a bit of artificial sweetener is probably OK. You know what your limits are when it comes to sweets. Just think of all the poisonous sugar you used to eat!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 21:43

BF:
Cool

Well Karen,

I fell off the wagon this afternoon.

My wife and I where visiting the Toronto Harbour Front and it was so hot that I had to have a Tim Horton Ice Capucinno.

I must cofess that it tasted refreshing , but I felt guilty about it.

I must experiment with Stevia and see if that encourages sweet cravings.

I usually fresh grind my coffee beans before brewing and I can make it extra strong.

Will let you know how it turns out

Regards
Joe
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 15:17
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh that wagon we are always falling from! It must hold hundreds of low-carbers and hundreds more must be spilling off right smack into the paths of eighteen wheelers, filled with Tim Horton's doughnuts!

Did you crash afterwards?

Try an iced Americano and put cream and sweetener in it. Not quite the same as a blended beverage, but pretty durned close.

Karen