Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 17:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/144/120 Female 68.5
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default During Induction is >>>

SF jello with Land O Lakes SF whipped cream (sweetened with Splenda) ok to eat during the first two weeks? Both state no carbs on the containers, but I don't want to stall, I finally turned the keto stick to (moderate to high) color. Please help if you know. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 18:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diabetes Revolutio
Stats: 186/128.4/125 Female 5ft 1 inches
BF:24.3
Progress: 94%

you can have SF jello..I have SF jello for a
snack every night and you can have pork skins.. make sure the jello has no carbs some of the off brands do..I use JELL-O
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 18:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diabetes Revolutio
Stats: 186/128.4/125 Female 5ft 1 inches
BF:24.3
Progress: 94%

The whipped cream I am not sure my Atkins diabetes Revolution say 2 tbsp heavy cream whipped 1 net carb..this is acceptable induction food a maximun of 4oz ( 4 tablespoons to 1/2 cup) of light or heavy cream this is what my book says I hope this helps.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 19:14

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

One small correction - there are 8 tablespoons to a half cup and DH and I had SF Jell-O with home whipped cream, sweetened with Splenda and flavored with either vanilla or brandy extract while we were on induction. Once we moved on to OWL we added 1/2 cup of berries to that for our afternoon snack.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 08:29

Stats: 190/99.0/102.0 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

SF jello also has carbs - about 1 gram per half cup serving. (Jello brand rounds this down to zero on the label, but it's not) It's fine on induction, just add it to your total!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 11:54
Registered Member

BF:

I did have about 1 cup of jello with 3 tbsp of whipped cream yesterday afternoon. I checked with the dip-stick this morning and blast it! I am down to just above a trace amount of ketones. Yesterday I was at heavy FINALLY. I have been on the induction for a week and a half and lost 5lbs the first three days and nothing since. I don't know whether to blame the jello or not. Today, I am having no sweeteners at all to see if that helps. Any ideas?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 12:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 183/000/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 345%

Any register on the keto stix is good; heavy or not; it could just be your hydration level that has made it lighter. I've heard many people complain about the ketostix; some have heavy ketones and don't lose weight and some don't have any ketones and are dropping weight. I guess its a good tool so you can stop guessing; I still use them every now and again
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 12:29

Plan: atkins/M&E
Stats: 185/169/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Jello

Hi!

I eat SF Jell-o at least twice a week and have had no problems. the most important thing is to count those carbs and keep them down to 15 or less. I ingest between 10-15 carbs a day, sometimes up to 18, though I try to keep it around 15. I use Reddi-whip on my Jell-O. Tha label says <1 carb per serving, and one serving is 2 TBLS., so I just add it as 1-2 carbs, depending on how mush I am using. Don't get too hung up over this issue. What I do is eat more protien and less veggies when I add goodies like this.

I know how you feel about those Ketostix!!! But as long as they turn, you are in Ketosis. I find that it is harder for me to turn them darker if I ingest too many carbs. I took an "indulgence" day two weeks ago this Sunday and had 1/2 a Donato's sub, a few slices of pepperoni pizza (YUM!!!!!!) and the next day I had "trace" amount of carbs. It took me until two days ago to get back to a moderate reading!!!!! Makes me think twice before I ever go that route again!!! I did lose 3-4 pounds in the past two weeks, so I am still losing. As long as I am losing (inches and weight!), I'm not complaining!

Just remember: None of us got fat overnight and none of us will take it off overnight! If it takes you 6-12 months to lose ALL of your weight, then HEY!!! that is better than staying fat or getting fatter!!!

Waiting months to lose weight IS hard, but then I think, if I had been low-carbing ONE YEAR ago and kept it up, I'd already be a thin person!!!!

So, keep yourself motivated. What other plan takes off 5 pounds in two weeks without any pain or hunger??? This is the BEST eating and losing plan that I have ever been on (and I've done Atkins several times over the past 29 years!!!). I eat all I want, when I want, as I want, and I am satisfied. No "pigging" out or "bingeing", either. I do not need to as I am full and satisfied.

Good Luck!

Lori
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-03-06, 11:22
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the moral support. It really helps. I have not used the sticks since the "small" amount registered yesterday morning. I am not going to worry about the sticks so much. I may check once in a while, but not obsess about it. I am not dropping the weight so fast. I am sticking to 144-45, but I work out every day (Huge Change!) and feel better. My clothes are fitting a little more comfortably and I've lost some inches wise in the waist/thighs/upper arms. So, I am happy.
I always remind myself that I didn't gain this in a month, so I don't expect to get it off that quickly either. The studies show if you lose it slow and steady with lifestyle changes, you have a much better chance of keeping it off.
Besides, I love the jello! Oh, and I got some cinnamon pork rinds yesterday and LOVE them!! Keep up your spirits everyone. Have a great weekend.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-06, 16:01
Registered Member

Stats: 165/165/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm in my 11 day of induction...I had alot of whipped cream from a can and I read that I shouldn't have it until I finish my induction phase.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-06, 17:28

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

sushichef, if it's not sweetened with sugar it's probably OK but whipping it yourself with real cream and sweetening with your choice of sweetener is so simple! And it tastes SOOOO much better!!
Glenda