Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-20, 14:08

Plan: WW/lower carb
Stats: 154.0/135.0/125.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 66%
Default Good ride....

139.0 lbs!

Good ride this morning....didn't get to make the 30 minute 'live' ride I wanted to do cuz had to pick up the kitty from the vet....so I did a 30 minute On Demand class with one of my fave instructors, Christine, and she's always good....also did her 5 minute 'cool down' ride and I'm realizing how important the cool down rides are to do and how good I feel afterwards. I've decided to do at least a 30 minute ride with cool down every day to really kick up the calorie burn and it seems to be working with a drop on the scale this morning...finally putting me back in the 30s. I'll do a 'low impact' ride at least once a week but the other days I'm not worrying so much about the difficulty level if I like the music playlist and instructor....I just do what I can.
Also added a 5 minute yoga class with Ross only teaching one pose, this time being planks (which I love). And a 5 minute stretching/meditation class with Ross.
Ordered my free 'Century Ride' Peleton T shirt this morning that they give members for attaining 100 rides!!! So fun!!
We've had our bike since April 1 and when I first started riding I never thought I'd be doing 30 minute rides this soon....it was kind of hard at first and I stuck with 15 minutes, then 20....it's amazing how fast my stamina has built up!
Consistency is the key for me, just have to stick with it and not lose my resolve... And once I get back to my wt. goal I'll still be on my bike every day and working towards increasing to 45 and 60 minute rides....with a little higher difficulty level. I can do it!

Last edited by LadySage : Wed, Sep-02-20 at 14:17.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Sep-03-20, 15:33

Default 30 minute rides....

Did a good 30 minute ride this morning with a 5 minute cool down ride. Maybe itís just me but I find these rides just not easy, even the 5 minute cool down rides. But itís getting easier and I keep trying to not avoid the higher difficulty levels and just push myself and just do what I can. The instructors are so good and always saying if you need to turn down the resistance do it and just do you so sometimes I just do the best I can. But the competitor comes out in me when thereís a challenge and expectation. Slowly my stamina is getting better though and I was pretty out of shape starting out so I think Iím doing ok. Iím doing a 30 minute ride every day and Iím so addicted to my bike. Love it!🚴‍♀️❤️
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Sep-06-20, 13:59

Default Sunday...

Hopped on the bike early this morning to squeeze in a 20 minute ride before we had to head over to the ball field to watch the grand daughter play a game. I'm starting to get my rides done very early in the mornings to get it accomplished and not have to make the time later in the day.
After we got home though I felt energetic so hopped back on and did a Christine 15 minute ride, lots of climbs and high resistance in the saddle, then a 5 minute cool down, for a total of 40 minutes.
So jazzed that my increase in time with rides is resulting in some weight loss and seems to have broken the plateau I've been on. Sweet!
Hoping maybe next week to start doing some 45 minute rides!!
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-20, 15:22

Default Upping the ante....

137 lbs...
Wt. still the same today....it seems to be the pattern I'm in, go for four or five days without a loss, then loss of a lb....then repeat....

I've upped my bike times, did my first 45 minute ride two days ago, then a 30 minute ride yesterday, then did a 45 minute ride this morning and it was easier than the first one I did two days ago! I thought I was going to die on that one! This mornings ride was easier, did Christine's low impact ride which was perfect....I worked up a good sweat and I never get tired of her encouragement. She's a professional velodrome cyclist and she has so many good tips! The ride was a steady pattern, about a 5 minute warm up, then 8 minutes or so of a faster cadence and lower resistance, then 8 minutes or so of a higher harder resistance and slower cadence, then again with the same pattern over and over....at the end of the 45 minutes the last 5 minutes or so was a steady level road faster cadence and 20 - 30 resistance, gradually getting lower and lower.....then I did one of her 5 minute cool downs which I've really come to appreciate. She just slows you down along with your heart rate for that 5 minutes until you feel ready to get off the bike, after some good stretches of course.

So I'm trying to do at least two 45 minute rides a week mixed in with the 30 minute rides and I'm going to try to do at least two rides a week with arm/weight exercises mixed in. There's a sleep program I'm starting tonight with daily classes of sleep meditation that lasts for a couple of weeks. Also doing daily planks with the 5 minute meditation/stretching I'm doing before I ride in the mornings. I really like planks and will try to increase the time my planks last as time goes on.

Tomorrow morning I'm looking forward to a 'Live' ride at 8:30 a.m. with Cody, almost 8000 people already signed up! Theme is XOXO, all love songs.....should be good! Lots of WW friends will be there!
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Sep-10-20, 15:01

Default Day by day...

136.2 lbs....

So my strategy lately is to slowly increase in spinning times, yesterday I did my second 45 minute ride....so I'm not surprised I had a 1 lb. drop this morning when I stepped on the scale. I'm working damn hard to burn calories and get this wt. off!

This morning I did a 30 minute very fun 'live' ride with Cody..there were over 9,000 people taking this live class as he's a popular instructor and it was more fun than I imagined. The music was sooo great, flashback to one of my favorite songs in the 90s to work out to, 'Baby Got Back'..

Higher difficulty level and I felt like I had to really reach to stay within the instructor's guidelines but I tried and did my best. Definitely burned some calories and had a good sweat! I got a little fan with octupus twisty legs that I wrapped around the bars so it blew in front of my face and chest and I love it! I would be happy riding in a wind tunnel if I had my way. It's a kind of distraction sort of like white noise that I like..lots of wind! I also have a big fan and another small one close by....

I'm also doing a 10 minute meditation/stretch class mixed with some yoga and planks before my rides and a good cool down ride afterwards.
Also starting a sleep meditation program tonight to just relax in the evenings and promote good sleep hygiene, instructors are a few of my faves so I'm looking forward to it! Am I addicted to my bike and all it offers?? YES!! What better to be addicted to! The Peleton social club is amazing....

Already have my ride planned for the morning...another 45 minute ride with Christine, low impact....burn calories, burn...
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-20, 19:38

Default Whew!!!!

135.0 lbs...

So didn't ride the bike yesterday at all which was the first day in over a month that I didn't exercise but I at least did a 10 minute meditation/stretch/yoga/plank session that was nice. I just had too much going on yesterday and also a twingy low back so it was a good day to take a break.
To make up for missing yesterday's spin I did a 5 min. stretch/yoga session, then a 45 minute hard ride with Christine, then a 5 minute cool down ride with Christine....love how she just slows my body down and calms me on the 5 minute cool downs. I've decided to do a 5 minute warm up ride before every long ride, then a 5 minute cool down ride along with my stretching/yoga/meditation. And I'm doing a 'sleep program', I'm on day 5, that is an evening meditation schedule for two weeks. Although last night it didn't help with sleep because the power went off at midnight just long enough for the alarm clock to blare out and woke me up....so the 45 minute ride I did this morning was really hard considering I only got a few hours of sleep last night. Hope I catch up tonight because I'm planning to do another 45 minute ride tomorrow.
I've also signed up for a 'live' ride Thursday morning, a 30 minute XOXO ride with one of my faves Cody. The same type of his class I took last week was hard but so much fun so I'm looking forward to it. So far almost 7,000 other riders have signed up...can't wait!!