Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 13:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/124/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default Oil of Oregeno

Do you think there is a brand / type that works better?

I see some areas say 2 - 3 drops under your tongue, others say mix the drops in water.

I also see some sold as drops, some sold in capsules.

What are you taking and is it really working?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 17:48

Plan: Yeast Connection
Stats: 152/140/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Oil of oregano

I have tried both drops and the oil. The oil is gross but I get more results. It may all be in my head. The oil seems to do more. I have had lots of success with Candistroy also. It took about a month to see results. The diet is what is so, so hard!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 06:41

Stats: 140/124/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 107%

Has anyone else tried the oil of oregano for yeast killing? I've done a search and the only real information on here is the 100+ page of people taking this for additional weight loss.

I'm more interested in if this really works for yeast killing.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-05, 07:16

Plan: Anti-yeast
Stats: 138/128/125 Female 5"7
BF:
Progress: 77%

I started taking it from a dropper. i was taking a lot of it too.... maybe 1.5 mg of it (the whole dropper full) 3x a day.
I don't know if it did any good.... i took it for about a month, didn't get any die off, and i just had a yeast infection last week..... I'm now flagrantly breaking my diet (cake, cookies, ice cream etc.) just because i'm so frustrated.... no matter what i do it seems to make no difference at all.
Anyway

Advice on how to take oil of oregano:
if u want to take it without capsules, first get a glass of water ready, then use the dropper and drop whatever dose you're going to take directly under your tounge. Next, have a big gulp of water, and swallow it all down together.

I found that this way, the oil hardly touches your tounge and you dont really get the full taste of it. Hope it helps you out
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 12:37

Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:have no idea
Progress: 89%

I just bought some oil today. I put a few drops of it in my water... and gag gag gagged it down. About 30 min later I was SO exhausted I couldn't keep my eyes open. I had to take a nap for an hour... this happen to anyone else?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 05:59
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

It's a symptom of yeast die off.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 06:20

Plan: low carb
Stats: 215/206/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi all.....I take one 150 mg capsule a day!!! are the drops better? I take it because I swear it keeps me from getting sick!!! my family has had the flu pretty bad 2x recently....and I was the only one who didnt catch it!!! and when I do feel something comming on...I up the dose to 2 or 3 times a day and it gets rid of it quickly!!!!! within one to two days!!! this certainly cannot all be in my head!!!! do you get the same results? I have a friend who takes it for yeast and it has helped her tremendously!!!!! I read on here that it aids in weight loss too???? is this true also???? should I switch to the drops or just stick with the caps???? does it matter????
thanks!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 05:48
Finding the Pieces

BF:

The caps are fine.

Yes, it's great stuff. A lot of people taking it have found it has no affect on their weight. Taking it for the other benefits is definitely worth it.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 11:52
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Well, guess what! I had a muscle testing session with an alternative healer the other day, and he confirmed that I have an overgrowth of candida yeast in my intestines. I have chronic fatigue and muscle/joint pain, but candida is something I never suspected.

I got some oil of oregano (Oreganol super strength). I put 3 drops under my tongue and when it started to burn (OW!), I added some water and held it in my mouth longer. I did this twice yesterday, and once so far today.

This OoO seems to be kicking a$$. First thing I noticed was a great sleepiness came over me and I just had to take a nap. I zonked out for 2 hours in the afternoon. It is very uncommon for me to nap, especially for 2 hours! I'm feeling this sleepiness again today and it's only 11 am.

Also my abdomen is all rumbly and crampy, like I could have diarrhea at any time, and my BMs have mucous and nasty odor (sorry!). Also my urine is a darker color than usual, In general, I'm feeling noticibly drained and ill-like. I assume all this is die-off reaction.

As soon as I found out about the candida, I cut the yeast-feeding things out of my diet and am eating a good plain yogurt, as well as taking a probiotic and Stevia Plus.

I was already taking colloidal silver, which is supposed to kill candida as well.

But, in any event, I think at this time, I attribute the bulk of the die-off activity to the aggressive approach with OoO.

Just wanted to touch base here and see if anyone has any comments or common experience.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 12:45

Plan: lc
Stats: 350/327/190 Female 5 ft 8in
BF:

WOW! Jennifer
I started taking ooo too on friday and the same thing happened to me went to get my hair hghlited and sat waiting a few minutes after ittook it and dozed off in the chair LOL I NEVER doze off like that
iam just crackin up over here after reading your post...
lots of gas
iam pouring in the water also am doing a liver detox/regen. regamin along with this to kill those pesky buggers.....
herbs are AMAZing!!!!
monica
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 12:57

BF:

Oh Geez!!!
iam new here...didnt see all the comments on this!
I go to this health food store owner is very smart and up on everything about 80 yrs old looks 50's
he told me wild hand picked in dropper is best, if u can handle taste, 2 drop 100mgs it is strong!!! they have lots of caps too, sells alot of them also.
$25 bucks
for .45oz
Interesting to share our experiences with this iam totally new to ooo
thanks again
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 13:06
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Monica,

I'm glad to hear from someone who is having this experience. I don't mind the gassy discomfort and exhaustion, as long as I know I'm making progress with this.

I have had chronic pain/fatigue for 14 years, and 2 days ago was the first time I had a clue that it could be candida. Where did I get it? I've had an alcohol problem for many years, so that's what I suspect did it for me. I became sober 4 months ago.

I'm feeling better about this after having read your posts. Now I think I'll take that nap ............ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 13:34

BF:

LOL, ON THE SLEEPING PART!!!
Congratulations on the abstenience and food too!!! Good for you
i quite drinking in 1989 replaced it with food and smoking... drank a bottle of glenlevit scotch with my dad on his death bed 1 in half yrs ago and havent had any since quite smoking 2 months ago..
i would suspect what alcohol does and how it breaks down in the bod has alot to do with it!!! let alone the bad carbs we eat...heat in areas of the body especailly there (intestines) breeding ground

from what iam reading with water and org. oil sounds like we can do a major cleanse!!!
just like a colonic does, ive done cleanses around the full moon too those buggers are very active then.....

this is all very interesting
thanks for sharing too
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 14:30
Finding the Pieces

BF:

The sleepiness, exhaustion, foul smelling bowels, crampy and rumby stomach are all signs of yeast die off.

The efficacy of OOO for yeast and all these symptoms were mentioned in the 100+page thread.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 14:35
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniz30
Hi all.....I take one 150 mg capsule a day!!! are the drops better? I take it because I swear it keeps me from getting sick!!! my family has had the flu pretty bad 2x recently....and I was the only one who didnt catch it!!! and when I do feel something comming on...I up the dose to 2 or 3 times a day and it gets rid of it quickly!!!!! within one to two days!!! this certainly cannot all be in my head!!!! do you get the same results? I have a friend who takes it for yeast and it has helped her tremendously!!!!! I read on here that it aids in weight loss too???? is this true also???? should I switch to the drops or just stick with the caps???? does it matter????
thanks!!!!
One 150 mg capsule is hardly enough. You should be taking 6-9 drops or 9-12 capsules a day.

lost girl
If you have candida and had no reaction I would check what kind and strenght of OOO your were taking.