Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#646   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-21, 17:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Chillin- today was last day of orientation. Now comes the push for licenses. URGHHHHHHH.......... But if they could do it so can I . One day at a time!

Got the report - bad bad weather Sat. Urghhhhhh Wanted to go to my spot and look around. I might need to push it back yet another week. It is important to see it in the light not rain.

However I am like TRIG- a few days of hard rain might pull this unbelievable pollen out of the air!

Going to watch Shark Tank....... my new fav.

Later gators. crack slaw for dinner and all good. Got 40 mint. Of walking in. Feel pretty good.

nite ladies
Sponsored Links
  #647   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-21, 20:02

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Lori---Happy to hear your mamo came out just fine. Oh man, those things are so stressful, particularly for you this time knowing it was a check up on a question mark in the Doc's mind. Wheeeeeeeew! Best feeling.

What a fab idea to combine golf lessons with sissy time!

I have missed commenting on Betty, but I have been keeping up. She is really kind of amazing with her recall, including and even remembering everything from when she was out of it. At her age I think lack of sleep and hydration could absolutely have sent her spinning. Love that she noticed her skin looked so much better when she drank more water. SMILE & SIGH, we women never quite give it up---well, maybe except for Jaz's "Mountain Woman" boss.

Jaz---and on that note, LOL. Yeah girl, I know EXACTLY what you mean when you talk about being a "big personality" paired up with a smaller one. Although what I find is often it isn't so much about "a smaller personality" as it is about a passive aggressive personality---that kind is a real challenge for me. Too soon to say with your boss, but think you're spot on with your perception that till you know more, less said the better. One can be casual, nice and polite without saying too much. Yeah, absolutely, sit back and observe. I find that difficult as I'm a pretty out there person and prone to saying too much before I know enough and I've always had to really work on that in professional situations.

Your new home place sounds perfect! You had me at "right outside of Savannah". Sounds like Pooler has so much of what you need and love. Fingers crossed you'll find the right place there soon. You have certainly been gypsy woman, and that can be exhausting after a bit and as we get older. Really understand your feeling of needing to put down a root of two right about now. LOL, of course knowing you, those roots can always be pulled out.

Nic---Happy belated birthday, my friend. Sounds like you had a lovely one surrounded by your favorite people, your fam.

Sorry to hear about hubby's case. So deflating. I kind of know the feeling in a way from experiences in my profession---working forever on a big presentation to either get or keep a client and having them sit there like mannequins before they reject it, you just want the trapdoor to open and let you drop through it. UGH. Hoping he has some other cases going that might lift his spirits and get him over this bad bump.

Nice to hear about your FIL---I remember when things didn't look good for him. What a nice surprise.

Trig---I understand your trip was to cold for you---but sure sounds like you managed to have a lot of fun anyway. Funny, but some of my fave vacation memories happened when the whether was punk. Which is not to say I don't love it when its great.

I think to the rest of us, you seem so amazingly and consistently strong on plan. Yeah I know, there's a bite of naughty here and there, and I also understand how scary that is for you. Still, you've taken it off and KEPT IT OFF, and I so admire that. Heh, we'll always want to weigh less than we do, but girl, you have done a spectacular job at getting your head on right about this for you and you're right. What we eat is more totally in our control than most of the other things in our lives, and your tenacity at holding on to that is imo, why you've been so successful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh gals, I'm so tired tonight, so I'll keep this pretty short and come back soon with maybe an all about me post. Haha.

Will just say I've been writing like a mad woman. We hit a big point in our journey---we are halfway thru our book. Yeah, I know, all this time, doesn't seem like so much. But we have done many changes and major revisions on Part 1 and are now finally to the point where we feel our foundation is strong enough and good enough to move on to Part 2. Which is both exciting and scary, as we will be facing the blank page again, instead of revising and re-writing and re-imagining.

Back with more soon I hope.
  #648   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-21, 03:03

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I have a long day ahead with nothing on the agenda. It is supposed to be cold and super windy all day.....more like February than late April! Ugh. We have frost warnings the next couple nights.

Yesterday I got my hair cut/colored and that was the extent of my day. Sorry, no pictures, as I'm one of those mountain women with no make-up lately. Funny how I don't mind being out in public without make-up, but don't want any photo evidence of it!

The scale is within 3 tenths of a pound from a new decade. I'm asking myself what is the point of trying to get there....and probably only staying there for about 20 minutes? Sigh......this numbers game that I play with myself. I think today is going to be a "hungry" day, so up will go that number. Up, down, round & round.

----------

Blue....It sounds like your writing is really intense right now. I can't imagine writing a book.....so impressive.

Jaz......bummer if the weather keeps you from apartment shopping this weekend. I'm anxious for details about your next location. I'm living vicariously thru you since I've been stuck here all the time!

Trig....I bet DD is anxious for school to be over for the year. Fingers crossed that next year will be more normal for the kids and all of us.

Nic....hope the CASA visit went well. Sounds like you're getting all your Dr. stuff out of the way for the year. Those appointments seem to come around quickly though....the years fly by!

-------

A Betty update: Ever since her "episode", she is sleeping A LOT. Yesterday DH stopped in 3 different times and she was sound asleep. He could tell that she hadn't been up. After we had dinner last night he went again and she was awake, sort of. She did rouse enough to eat some soup that he heated up for her. The other night she actually fell asleep while he was there visiting her. That's a first. Her visiting nurse comes on Friday and we're going to privately talk to her about the excessive sleeping and what we should do in the event that we can't wake her. I remember the days before my Mother passed away, she was "sleeping" 24/7. Her Dr. told me that things were just shutting down and that she was in no pain and that it's not a bad way to go. That's what we would all wish for. A pain free passing.

Well, that was a depressing paragraph! We're doing our best, one day at a time.

Make the most of your day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Apr-22-21 at 03:09.
  #649   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-21, 05:26

BF:

Good Morning ladies!

Blue- It was nice to wake up with new post to read from you. How exciting the progress on your book. It amazes me the amount of work that goes into writing.

Ahhhhhh yes though passive aggressive people..... don't we all have issues with those people. Actually they drive me batty. I am very upfront and people know where they stand. I don't beat around the bush. I am thinking about that one hair pulling boss that was passive aggressive. She tossed everybody under the bus and then would sit in her glass office with her back to the staff and just stare at the wall. Remember her?!?!?!? I have had some real "special" bosses.

Are you getting out and about now you and hubby have have the Vax?
Are you still loving your apt? Is yours a 3 bedroom? Just curious as I am looking into one for a minute. HAHAHAH
Yup- roots can always be pulled and replanted!

Lori- Wow on that story. Do you think Betty's sleeping is due to her "shutting down"? I am now wondering if it is med related? I dunno? Something just doesn't "feel" right there to me....... Maybe her meds are too high, or she isn't taking them correctly.......... hummmmmmmm Something just seems off.
Glad she has a nurse to check on her. At some point she is going to need more care, but you know that.

You a mountain woman? HARDLY!!!!!! When you live on a farm with 15 dogs and 20 cats come tell me that!!!!!
HAHAH- No she really does.
In her defense she goes to kill shelters and grabs all the dogs about to be put down and brings them to her farm. I just can't fathom that. But hey........Live and let live........... Trying to do more of that.

You still walking if you don't play golf?

TRIG/NIC- updates-
------------------------------------------------
I already know the next few days is going to be rough. Getting licensure is frustrating beyond in just one state let alone multiple at the same time.
This will pass.......... I will get though it.
I am going to just do what I can.......

I am flipping my day to go to Pooler to Sunday- which is fine. I can still catch the ladies luncheon Saturday so all is good.

I am frustrated with my bounce house weight up/down.......sighhhhhh I am thinking I need a jump start. True jump start. If I could tolerate dairy I would consider a week of shakes only. I am just babbling right now............ The low and slow turtle still makes it to the finish line if it keeps going.

back later
  #650   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-21, 06:23

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I get ya cause as much as we say that number on the scale should mean nothing, damn it controls us truly. I get it But thing is your body might drop into that decade faster than you think cause now you are golfing again and moving ALOT more so if you hold your good eating like you are doing, move like you are doing, yea your body might be ready for a new reset lower number so hang on

Betty sleeping more. I get it. Barb's MIL is 96 now. They have her in retired home care. She is sleeping alot and wakes up and says where am I and then does fine for the time she is awake, then boom back to sleep. Sleeping like 20 hrs a day or something crazy like that. Barb said she thinks things are now slowing down overall body health for her ya know, not eating the same and more....so my mom ain't quite there yet but I see how this is gonna roll. I think big age like this is gonna do what it is gonna do. Hopefully you guys won't need to make 'decisions' on placing her and all that....hope it all goes easy for all!

Jaz, STAY ON PLAN....don't be doing dairy. Don't be doing shakes. EAT FRICKIN' very very low carb. Hold that. You don't have to do anything but that. AND remember you got a ton on your plate with moving and more but key is truly, hold the plan as tight as you can. That gets results.

Pooler...gotta go look it up and it sounds like good fun goodbye party with your gals.

Am I a mountain gal? I got no mountain but had 25 horses, 120 boer goats, 125 hogs, 400 chickens, dogs, barn cats, baby chicks and hell I am sure I was feeding something else on the farm HAHA nah, just a farm gal, those mountain gals are a tad more scary than me I think

Blue, super cool on the book. 1/2 way....yea I can see that. Books aren't written overnight and then the rewrites and more. I couldn't even conceive of tackling that head on....I tried my hand at writing one time, hell didn't make 5 pages before I said, omg this is freakin' hard....don't have it in me but those that do, write Love you guys are bookin' along on that!

Nicco you haven't posted yet again but you did the dinner theater right? hope it was fun, check in soon.

--------------so all going good on plan
off to mom's today for shop/visit

home to do whatever

Cold as crap here, this stuff better be over soon, getting frickin' annoying how cold it is

Tightening down my eating plan. Keeping it very more controlled. 2 meals per day as usual. Shrimp and ribeye for bigger meal first meal, second eating I will lighten it up to like little chicken and some tuna.

I need first meal to be the big one. Holds me. I can then truly control and cut down the second meal to be a lighter situation which I am gonna do. See if I budge anything? See if it 'does' anything LOL

Just some food focus and try a little this and that a bit and see again if any results happen. This getting the lbs off is a royal pain in the azz right? ugh

nothing much more, be good all
  #651   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-21, 09:12

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

It's a full house! Nice to hear from everyone!

Lori, I like the idea of combining golf lessons and seeing your Sis. That sounds very fun!

It certainly is possible that Betty is slowing down. I mean, she's in her 90s and, while sad, it wouldn't be the worst way to go for sure.

Jaz- Seems just as well that you would go to Pooler on Sunday and get to see the ladies on Saturday. Best of both worlds!

Blue- always good to see you! Very exciting that you two have made such good progress with the first part of the book that you are ready to move on the second part! That is quite an accomplishment!

Trig- I don't think I realized what a big and active farm you actually had! Is your DD an animal lover? I would think that growing up in that environment she might be, but what do I know?

••••••••••••

My CASA visit was okay. The foster mom has put off being vaccinated so we just met outside for an hour. It was less free-flowing than it once was, when we saw each other weekly and were in constant contact. The older child (4) did seem to remember me and is doing so well. The younger one did not, of course, but he warmed up after a while and hung out in my lap a bit. Both kids are developmentally doing absolutely beautifully and I am so glad to see that. They are so well loved and will have a good life and that makes me so happy.

The April challenge has been a bit loosey-goosey but I am definitely doing better than I was without it! DD has changed hers up- she doesn't seem to be doing well on keto and does better with low carb and a higher carb allowance.

Not much going on today. Making meatballs- will warm up the house and give it some good smells on a cold and windy day. Taking the dogs to the vet at 4. Doing some house cleaning. About to finish up my first diamond painting, and I've just ordered another one to start. Whoo hoo!

I accidentally cracked my Kindle yesterday so I put it in the trade program and am getting 25 dollars off my new Kindle, due to arrive tomorrow. I love my Kindle so much!

Not much else to report- things are doing fine around here.
  #652   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-21, 02:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Great posts from everyone yesterday! Love it when everyone checks in and gives us an update.

As predicted...after my "hungry" day yesterday and more carbs than I usually have, the scale is up 1.5 lbs. Sigh......I know it's not fat, but still hate to see that number go up. I hope I'm not so hungry today.......need to up the protein if I am and hope that satisfies the beast.

Betty seemed to be doing better yesterday. Today her visiting nurse comes, so I'm going to be at her house at 3 to make sure the door is open etc. DH usually does it, but he has a meeting at 2 and is not sure he'll be there in time. That's the only thing on my agenda today. Oh....I do have to make a grocery store run this morning and get in some exercise. It's chilly this morning, but supposed to warm into the 60's. Jaz......you asked if I've been doing any walking.....no. I do a Pahla workout video on days when I'm not on the golf course, but haven't gotten back into walking/running. I still have hopes that that spark will relight, but not so far. Trying not to judge or be critical of myself about it. It is what it is right now.

I have a question about Melatonin for any of you who use it. I have been taking 5 mg. every night about an hour before bed and it seems to really help me fall asleep quickly. Yesterday I read that you are not supposed to take it long term. I'm just wondering why and what could be the problem with it? I'm disappointed as I really think it helps. I used to go to bed and toss & turn for nearly an hour. Now I fall asleep within minutes. What I was reading said that it can be used for occasional sleep issues like jet lag etc., but is not good to use long term. Dang!

No golf until tomorrow. I would have played today if not for having to be at Betty's by 2:30-3. I don't like to play and have to watch the time and rush. There will be many days of golf in the next few months. Starting to get nervous about my lessons next week. Hope I "click" with the Pro. I'm going to go in with a positive attitude that she will pick up a few things I'm doing wrong to really help me hit the darn little ball better.

Ok.....I need more coffee. Silly stomach is growling already and it's only 4:45.

Happy weekend!
  #653   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-21, 06:09

BF:

TGIF!!!!!!!!! I am so ready for Friday!!!!!

Lori- I have been taking Melatonin for years. Honestly I think they put that disclaimer in everything. They don't want people to get "hooked" on anything. Truly melatonin is a natural body helper. There is NO issue. Sometimes the bodies sleepy chemistry needs a little help as we age.
That being said you have to know your own body. I know NIC said she took a melatonin and was sleepy for a day after. I take 10 mg almost every night with no issues at all. So I think knowing your body.

Super cool you are going to get a few pro tips! ENJOY IT!!! plus you get to see sis- BOOM score!

So not worried about you gaining after a eating day. Truly I think you are maintaining and your body likes where you are!

TRIG- You had me cracking up over "Are you a Mountain Woman"? Ok when I say you are a country/farm gal is way different.
Ever see the movie Sling Blade? Now THEM IS MOUNTAIN ..........you know what I am taking about.....

I know that Keto- is so right for me. I feel so much better on it. But dang sometimes I do wish I could add that ever thorn dairy into the mix. It makes Keto/ LC much more doable ya know.
I don't eat it anymore- but that hasn't stopping me from THINKING about it.

I think it is cold everywhere! I am over turning on my heat!!!!!!!

What is next on the RV road Trip plan?

Nic- awhhhhhh...... I could just see you with the kiddo's playing near your ankles! Very cool you get to see your work in a great light!!!! Very happy to hear that family is thriving!

I hear ya the April challenge between you and DD. I think that your DD is young enough that once she loses what she wants it might be easier to keep off. I have found that people our age DO have it harder!!!!!
Not impossible- just harder!

I also know when you put your mind to something you get it done. It is just a matter of when you are ready.

How are things going in your house lately? Any updates on empty nesting?

Hiya Blue!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoying my coffee and trying to slow my roll. I was pretty uptight yesterday. My day just seemed to be one road block after another.

You know with a nursing shortage one would think that the nursing license would be universal for all states as the test is universal! But Noooooooooooooo Some states have decided to make it as difficult as possible to get reciprocity. Finger printing, extra CEU's, background checks, school transcripts, the list is overwhelming and of course........... NOBODY AROUND to take a call.

Honestly my manager is about useless. She popped on yesterday to see where I was and made some snide comment I have not made any process. She sent the email and said - just get it done. While offering no assistance.
She doesn't have to have all these licenses to manage- and she doesn't. Anyway, I foresee me having to get most of all this on MY TIME.

I guess I got salty yesterday because she sent out an invite to a web to watch her dance on the treadmill. I was buried in work and NEW and trying to find my way.
Ok- you think I am kidding? Oh NO- she hosts a "get your groove on/dance party every Thursday. She sees it as moral boosting for those stuck at home. I was not a happy camper watching her in work out clothes as I am struggling to get through my "requests". Ok..... I need to put on some gratitude........new attitude.......it pays my rent.

Yesterday was a great eating day. I really love those Angus frozen pre-made burgers. They cook up way better than just ground beef. Not sure why but they do. So I had those and green beans and called it a day.

Not much else. I need to find a vet for Bella. I think she has something- Just not her perky self. I thought she had a UTI....I pushed fluid and it cleared up. She is just outta sorts too! I would like to just make sure she is ok.

Ok- time for more coffee and then th e8 hour clock begins! But I know I will be working on this crap this weekend- in-between everything else going on. LOTS of moving pieces literally.

CLEAN EATS TODAY. Salmon, salad/kale, 2 glasses Chardonnay. I should clock in under 20 total carbs. Right where I want to be.

later....
  #654   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-21, 09:39

BF:

Nicco it sounds like a 'good closure situation' for you on CASA and life moves forward for all but at least you saw with your own eyes and knowing you had a hand in a great way forward for some kids!! Should feel proud for sure!!

Glad DD is finding and changing things around to suit her personally. That is all we can do cause heck all of us was there when we started....new paths, new changes and more to come for her. I kinda am glad I KNOW me now and don't have to walk that early path anymore

Lori I thought it was for long term use on melatonin cause those 'supps' out there support that but like Jazz said 'gotta say' XYZ disclaimers but I would think it would be ALL ABOUT you and how ya feel. So go by you and maybe skip a night, then take it, and 'SEE YOU' in your experimenting a bit on it IF YOU want....just do you on it and see how ya wanna maybe change or not change. Little experimenting is cool....we all do it

I bet your golf pro can show you a few things, that is what they do Don't fret on it, enjoy the heck out of it and ya get the info you might need and roll....you want it, now enjoy it LOL Get out of your own head on this one

Jazz the crazy with the insane people you deal with.

really? watch the supervisor work out? YOU DON'T HAVE to do this do you? I know I wouldn't LOL no way HAHA and I get 'all in gang support and hype etc' but that is just idiotic to me truly.

Extreme LC you hold it and eat it and you got results coming. No easier than that.

Dairy, I thought sheep cheese you were good on....yet ya eat the other crap? Remember bison cheese, kanagroo cheese and more....there are TONS of cheese out there to buy online and ship to house, heck girl, try some. You might find a very small select few you do well on and it 'quells the cheese' need but your body loves ya for it.

Remember put TIME into you and what you need! If a cheese search and testing trial needs to happen you do just that!

-----------------missed my darn sale by a day on ribeyes. dumbo me. ugh

got a few pks Tbones on higher sale price. ugh. but me wants meat in freezer so I got some.

more pork loins. I WAS so into pork then hated it and dropped it and now I am SO into it again and loving it........and loving the darn lower prices!!!

Focus on me and zc. Focus on feeling me on zc. Focus on ME and what I need LOL yup gotta do it cause I was getting 'too boggled' on life BS and now is focus on ME and screw the rest and I am the type to do just that and it is all going well...........

cause I dropped a 1/2 lb. FINALLY!!!! So I see me, will do what I must, function amazing on my carnivore and work on me again! Not a darn thing wrong with just that!

over and out and be good
  #655   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-21, 02:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Hoping to get a nap in before I head to the golf course in 6 hours. Dang cat! She sure makes a good alarm clock!

Jaz.....you actually had to watch your supervisor dance on her treadmill? It was required? How do these whack-a-doodles get into supervisory positions? Especially in health care? Kind of scary if you want to know the truth.

I hope you were able to make some headway into your licensing. I cannot imagine the mountain of forms you have to fill out etc. Plus the $$ you have to lay out! I hope you're able to enjoy your weekend. If you absolutely have to do some of the licensing work over the weekend, try to limit it to just a couple hours and then have some quality "me" time. Enjoy dinner with your friends tonight! Are you all going out or cooking in? I also can't wait to hear about your apartment hunting on Sunday.

Trig.....congrats on the 1/2 lb down! Sorry you missed your ribeye sale. Keep your eyes peeled for the next one. Yum....Pork. My favorite is a good braised pork chop. I braise them in beef broth and they just fall off the bone. It is DH's favorite meal.

Nic....hope your new Kindle arrived and you are back to reading. I have so many books loaded on mine, but just don't pick it up and read. I spend too much time watching YouTube videos.....sigh.

Blue......have a good weekend!

-------

I'm determined to have a good day on the golf course today.....no matter my score or how slow the group in front of us is. It's going to be a beautiful, sunny day , what could be better? Sunday will be a washout with rain, but I'm also playing on Monday with another of my friends. We're starting out around 9 and it will be a bit chilly, but I don't mind starting off in a sweater...you can always peel it off as it warms up.

Have a great Saturday!
  #656   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-21, 04:13

BF:

Lori I never was a braising type person. Doesn't that take longer to cook? I need fast in and out of the fry pan, done in a few minutes LOL Your chops sound delish tho....come cook me some!

Enjoy golf and yea, chill on the course. Like you said beautiful sunny day and have a blast cause you will probably get all these thunderstorms we are getting today at your house tomorrow

-------------hey all

nothing doing
hubby going to work in a bit
kid asleep
dog asleep

gotta vacuum and a few other PIA things later

got pork loin for today and Tbone steak. maybe add in some tuna?

eh woke up not hungry so will decide way later what I do want.

My 1/2 lb of course is gone this morning LOL but I know it will SET in soon cause when I lose a little, it eventually really loses off the scale and sets in firm. Crazy just caring over friggin' 1/2 lb ya know HAHA crazy me but it is what it is. damn scale.

over and out and be good all
  #657   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-21, 07:37

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Lori- I watch a ton of YT videos too, so I get you. Between that, Netflix and the Discovery+ I am never at a loss for things to watch! Most of my reading happens at night in the bed. Yay for menopausal waking!

I hope your golf goes really well! Do you have a couple of hot days coming this week like we do? I think we hit the 80s a couple of times. Bizarre!

Melatonin- I have heard both sides about long term use. I took it briefly every night, for about a week and a half or so awhile back, but I wasn't comfortable with continuing. To each their own.

Trig- That half pound will be gone and will stay gone. I know it will! Sorry you missed your ribeye sale but it sounds like you have a few other things to hold you over for a while!

Jaz- You have a big weekend, with your Gals gathering and then apartment hunting too! Very exciting!

I still disagree with the whole 50 states certifying thing. Is this coming out of your pocket? Are you reimbursed? Seems like it was sort of sprung on you after the fact, which isn't great.

I was LOL'ing over your manager and the treadmill. I mean, really? LOLOLOL

Hey Blue!

•••••••••••••••

I've got three friends coming over for a lunch get together. Everyone has been vaccinated. Weather looks nice so maybe we will hang outside some too since rain won't come til later. Three of the four of us are celebrating birthdays- one April 15 and two the day after.

I've worked out now two days in a row and am following that with icing down my foot. So far, so good! Fingers crossed! It feels good to move and sweat again. No racket sports for another week or two.

Did I tell you all that we are going to the DE shore for Mother's Day weekend? DD, SoIL and DS22 are all coming too. It should be so fun! I got a 3 bedroom condo on the bay side, in a community that was recommended that we look at in terms of possibly purchase as we mull those areas over. Added bonuses:
1) SoIL's parents live 25 minutes away from there so we can all go out for Mother's Day brunch and 2) DS19 isn't leaving school til Wednesday so I get two bonus days in the condo and beach all by myself! Whoohoo!

I think the weekend after that is when I go on the Florida beach trip. I'm somewhat less excited about that although I know it will be fine. I have always had some social anxiety/reluctance and this pandemic period has definitely made it worse. I was awake with anxiety about people coming over.. even though I know I will have fun and enjoy it. It's a real thing, people!

I won't be saying much food wise for a bit. I'm trying an N=1 experiment and wanna keep it in my pocket for a while. I'll share in a month or two, when I get a feel for how it is going and what I want to do.

Have a good day!
  #658   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-21, 18:49

BF:

Hello- Late post for me!!!!! I bet you all won't see it till morning- maybe I should wait? But I have a feeling tomorrow might be a late on too!

TRIG- You don't Braise?!?!?!?!?!?!- GIRRRRRRRLLLLLL You are MISSING IT!!!!!
Someday I will make you braised short ribs. I will ruin you forever on those! They are to die for!!!!!!

Pop those puppies on some ............ anyway they are too good!

NIC- going to Delaware! Right up my alley! Are you going to where I was? If so you have to hit up the crab shack
The beach and the board work were fun.

I can't wait to hear all about where you are going.

BTW- I was walking through the parking lot and I read licenses plates. Anyway, There was a car from MASS, that had a bumper sticker that said: I speak up for Children/ CASA -
How cool is that?!?!?!?

I am intersted in what you are doing WOE- but I get you want to try it first.

Lori- - You got a bust week on tap. Very excited you get to hang with sis and play your game!
Awesome! What will your poor hubby do without you?
Are you still getting those food boxes? Are you happy with those?

Hiya Blue
---------------------------------------------
Tired. I slept in- but have been moving every since I got up. I have had a great day!!!!!!!

Slept in, then treated myself with some high end coffee. I bought, splurged on a bag of Charleston Special grind, French roast, SWEET!!!!!!! Drank the entire pot!

Then read a paper - a real paper I get tucked under my door ever day from my next door neighbor. They get a newspaper (so old school). anyway. I thought it would be fun to read one too. I haven't read a newspaper in 20 years. Anyway I ask her if I could have her day old papers and I get them- every morning. I also get the New Yorker Magazine and a host of other high end fun reading at my door every day. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO going to miss this place and my new friends.

Truly I think this place is SO SO SO SO special. It has become home. I will be in tears to leave. But I know its time. they are all going back to their homes too! It has been so healing and just amazing here. I am going to try to get back here for a few weeks at the end of the year to hang..........
Plus I will only be an hour and 4 minutes from the beach. So I can come to this beach on the week-ends. I just need to live a bit early.
An hour drive is nothing!

I am looking forward though to getting a place of my own again. Yes it will be a rental- but to move in with MY stuff- bed, kitchen, stuff.
I am touring about 4 places tomorrow. And the rain has pushed out so tomorrow should be a great day.
Pooler is only and hour north, right outside of Savannah. So I am excited about that!

Took the Bella to a vet yesterday. I have noticed that her breathing is a bit more labored. I know she has gained weight. But it has been a bit since she has been to the vet .
She got blood work, urine, doo, and and expat and all over exam.

Found out her breathing is due to a partially collapsed larynx. She said it looked congenital and as dogs age it effects them. Nothing to do except try to get some weight off that next.
That and she is just well...... getting older. Point blank- she is getting older. But her blood work looked good, and everything considered they said she looked good. She is slowing down because of weight and age!
This babe is going on a diet- I need to get 5-8 pounds off her. I about choked myself when I was handed a bill of 407.00- Are you kidding?????????
But she is my baby and truly has not been a costly baby. She has been pretty healthy.
I ask her is she was worth it and she gave me a kiss- YUP!!!!!!!!

Ok- going to R&R.
It has been such a great day- we need those - good for the soul!

Till tomorrow
  #659   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-21, 05:47

BF:

Good Morning!

I was in bed till nearly 7 o'clock this morning! Gabby wanted out at 3 and then I went back to bed. Took me a bit to get to sleep, but I had a few more good hours. Ahh......I needed it!

We had rain overnight, but now it's just going to be cloudy. I think my friend and I are going to go golfing anyway. We have "wet" shoes and will slog our way around. We played with a couple older ladies yesterday(80's). They are hoots, but we're not used to the way they play. I think it'll just be the two of us today.

Jaz......glad Bella checked out at the Vet in pretty good shape. Good luck with her diet.....it'll be tough at first. Did the Vet prescribe special food, or are you just going to control portions?

I can't wait to hear all about Pooler! I hope you find the perfect place to call home for a bit. Will you have to sign a year's lease, or are there more flexible options? I've never rented anywhere, so I'm out of the loop on that.

You asked about my food boxes. Yes, I go back and forth between Factor & Freshly. They are delicious and all you do is microwave them for a couple minutes. I kind of like Freshly better as you can get some options that are a bit less calories. I paused them both for next week since I'll be away.

Nic.....you have a lot of fun things coming up! DH & I would love to get away even for a few days, but with Betty needing daily care, it is just not in the cards right now. I'll live vicariously thru all of you!

Can't wait to hear about your eating experiment! I'm always looking for new things to try even though I'm at goal.....more or less. Keep us posted!

Trig.....what did you find to get into yesterday? Did you have rain? I thought I heard that the storm was coming at us from the south.....maybe your area?

--------

I have a mountain of laundry to tackle when I get home from golf. I had kind of planned on today being a rain out as far as golf and a good day to catch up on chores. HA! Sometime between today and tomorrow, I'll get it caught up.

Have good days!
  #660   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-21, 05:55

BF:

Lori, ahh the fun and the dud. fun golf and dud laundry to tackle

yea I would think it would be harder for you guys to leave now with Betty needing a tad more oversee with her issues.

curious, if you and DH can't do it, who checks in on here when ya do go on a vacay together? I know you said she has a nurse? Would that be the caregiver while ya leave? just wondering.

I get it. Without my bro Gregg doing alot with my mom I don't know how all the crazy would go down to keep her in her home!

Jazz, Bella is older now like us I got a doggie that needs 8 lbs off him. He is 18 and should weigh 10 and vet said the thyroid meds are balancing him so maybe I can shift a lb. Hey he lost like 1/2 lb and that is it so far but with nicer weather he will move more cause I will move and be outside.....he slows in winter cause I slow in winter LOL

I tell ya gal....even if you get to Pooler you might wanna not go in too permanent and keep checking real estate in St Simons area to move back....I know you super love it there!!! but Pooler could be a great sub for ya! Be interesting to see how it all goes down for you!

Nicco, YOU KNOW I gotta KNOW what your N-1 is LOL you got me so curious....guess I have to wait.

Cool on the fun bday party and just enjoy and relax and laugh!

Very nice for a condo at the shore! And it fits kinda great into a vacay packed with alot of action but easy to get done visiting and more....won't be too long, May is coming at us.

------------Me. Nothing much.

big sun today....wee....finally. storms were not too bad but the rain did wash everything pollen free again and I love that!

Got me thin cut pork chops for later and then I got a 1 lb. pork tenderloin for next meal. All pork, all day I don't know....for some reason I am going all in and loving pork LOL

Got some outside stuff to do, little rv stuff....basics today. taking life more easy than not!

be good