Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 07:44
Just keep trying...

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 316/305/215 Male 6'3"
BF:Way/33%/hi
Progress: 11%

Hi Red and SenseShine,
Well it appears that there are three of us anyhow. I have been working to personalize the South Beach plan to make it my own for about a month and am getting more comfortable with it as time goes by.
I'm sorry to hear about your parents Red and the extra stress that you are feeling. Stress and loneliness have always been two of the triggers that have sent me to my comfort zone with food. It's pretty sad that I would go to food for comfort but I guess it has always been there so it's easy to do. I just have to break that habit and move on to dealing with my feelings.
About a week after I started LCing I decided to quit smoking after 30+ yrs of that bad habit. Talk about timing; I'm not certain what motivated me to do it just now but now I've been about a month without smoking!
Anyhow, I'm glad to see both of you and will be watching for you to start your Journal so I will know where to find you.
Take care and remember to take time for yourselves,
Ted
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 12:56
SenseShine

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Ted, Congrats on getting acclimated to a diet that suits you well and also for quitting smoking! Good for you!!!!! Keep up the great work.
Have a great day!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 15:29

Plan: My own: clean eating
Stats: 290/139/125 Female 5'5"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 92%

Hi you all! I'm in MD, too, and have been a poster on this forum off and on for years. Ted, congrats on quitting smoking -- such a great accomplishment!

I'm living in Columbia, and a full time pharmacy student up in Baltimore. Have two kids, hubby, etc. Life is very full; sometimes TOO full!

Hope you all are doing well with your programs...! (you can see more about me in my journal)

Take care!
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-05, 12:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/254/160 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 10%

I'm from northern Harford Co. as well...born and raised!!

Congrats on the 12lbs!!!
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jun-03-05, 09:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 301.5/292.5/150 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi Neighbors!

I am from Towson, MD near Baltimore. I've been on this forum before, about three years ago. I started Atkins again on Wednesday. Pehaps I'll see you around the forum!
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 04:37
Registered Member

Plan: Southkins
Stats: 280/252/190 Female 5'9"
BF:Let's/notgo/there
Progress: 31%

I am a low carbing Marylander......I grew up in Ferndale and married a guy from Baltimore Highlands. After living in Germany for several years, we bought a house in his old neighborhood and we spend a lot of time rehabbing it! Neat thread...good to know there are other Marylanders out there!
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-05, 12:40

Plan: Atkins and Four corners
Stats: 310/255/165 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Annapolis, MD home to the United States Naval Academy. My doctor wants me to eat meats and vegetables. So I'm assuming it's a low carb diet.