Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-15, 07:31
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Atkins 40 for Triple Digits folks

I have every intention of going to the Akins 40 plan (new) after finishing this set of induction. I have lost weight on 100g of carbs so I am certain I can lose on 40g a day. Nothing says you have to eat any bad carbs. It is just a new program they have come up with that I think plays very well to those who need help but cannot face the <20 carb stuff long term.
I was careful to place this in the triple Digits area. I am not talking to anyone with under 100 pounds to lose. You lucky folx can do anything you want. Sometimes us bigger people need all the help we can get. And for ME (not you) I think it is a great idea.

Oh, and I am neither pregnant or with under 40 pounds to lose. I just think it fits me to a tee at this time of life and need.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 01:02

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

best wishes on this WOE one day at a time.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 09:45

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

From my own experience, I think the Atkins 40 is better suited to someone with more to lose versus less anyway. It is close to Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution ongoing weight loss going to 40 carbs on the carbohydrate ladder (rung 4) which includes more veggies, cheeses, seeds and nuts, berries and melons. Some don't like to acknowledge that the good doctor did also say convenience foods were ok in moderation just check labels to make sure ingredients are acceptable and carb count ok.
So good luck to you, I know you will do great!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 10:30

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I just wonder if many doing regular old Atkins don't end up in the 40g carb range anyway...
You know how when you are first on induction and just trying to figure it all out? I'll bet a lot of mistakes are made and many aren't really at 20g anyway to begin with...
You go MrE!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 10:44
90 Days at a Time

BF:

Well, I tried for the old induction level carbs this past week. I netted 33g carbs. NOTE: NET CARBS. All was clean food with no sugars, frankenfoods, breads, etc.
I lost 18 pounds. I know it will only happen once. I know it only happened because of my size and the fact that I am a male. (Not sexist, I have learned that most of the time males lose faster than most females.)
So, I think (know) that the Atkins 40 plan is right up my alley. Still considered vlc by most...

I sincerely thank you all for your support. And I do not mean this to be a "me" place to post...I hope as some other triple digiters think about doing a change of diet that the "lessons learned" that we post over the coming months will help them with a decision...whether Atkins, Atkins 40, or something completely different.
All voices encouraged. But let's try to keep this area positive. I am POSITIVE Atkins 40 is a good thing for me at this time in my life.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 13:03

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Great attitude Mister E and I'm POSITIVE that you will rock this!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 14:11
90 Days at a Time

BF:

Just an aside. I am posting my 1st 2 weeks worth of meals in my j. All of them. And snacks. Note: I am bigger than most so take that under consideration. Week one I averaged 1800 calories (not that I am really counting calories as I use myfitnesspal for charting all my foods and weight, etc and it breaks it down by calories) and 33 net grams carbs. I WAS aiming for 20g. I failed to hit my carb mark but (my thinking follows and I am medicated so take that into consideration (wink)) since I am aiming at <40g carb in the long term I figured what the heck. I speak just for me.
Truthfully, I had a big New Years meal. I live in the south. I simply needed my black eye peas and butter beans mixed. (Look up that carb load! Woof!) So, it was not like I was eating candy. My extra carbs came from real food.
Again, my INTENTION was 2 weeks of OLD TYPE Atkins induction. I overshot the carbs a bit on healthy (for me) foods. I expect some of the same for this coming week and then clean sailing once I hit the Atkins 40 plan next Sunday since it is what I have been doing since the start. Or if it makes me look less moronic consider that I am just doing Atkins 40 from the start. (Man, that would have been easier than explaining how I screwed up my induction, albeit successfully. )
Regardless, I have been eating well - again, look at my menus - I am seldom hungry. I have do not have any cravings. I liberally use fats (butter, avocado, bacon, etc) and eat foods I really REALLY enjoy. That was always my downfall in the past. I ate diet foods. I knew I was on a diet. Give me a lunch like I just ate (field greens, salami, ham, turkey, premium cheese and bleu cheese dressing, topped with a few green olives) and I can do this diet standing on my head.
So, I thank those who have given me advice now and over the years and if I can help anyone in their journey to find what works for them I will only be paying it back. :-)

Last edited by MisterE : Sun, Jan-04-15 at 16:17.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-15, 16:36

Plan: LC HF MP IF
Stats: 565/386/282.5 Male 73
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%

Bigger than most? 417 is 1/3 of the way to my goal!

I have lost about 350lbs on the original Atkins (Atkins Classic?) plan. Unfortunately I gained back a combined 450. For the most past I stuck pretty close to 20 net carbs a day. My problem was I did not realize there was a phase 2 and I never considered the long term or post induction life I was going to lead. Might have to check out the Atkins 40 stuff.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-15, 16:45
90 Days at a Time

BF:

Welcome 1791...and I am still guessing I am bigger than most. :-) I am having an easier time with a few more carbs. Need anything, holler.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-15, 07:49
90 Days at a Time

BF:

Week 2 of self imposed induction ended with me losing another 1.1 pounds. Total for 2 weeks: 19.1 pounds. I will take it.
Today I go and read the stuff on Atkins 40 and begin this new way of eating. Really looking forward to it.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-15, 18:07

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

WTG on your progress..
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 08:55
90 Days at a Time

BF:

I am guessing that the reason I am doing so well and never having any idea that this is a diet (a 1st for me) is the quality of foods I am eating and the fact that I eat what I REALLY like. Stuff I would eat if NOT on a diet.
We are investing a bit more in quality food but it is an investment in my health. I think it is paying off already. I feel terrific. Lots of energy; motivation - feel empowered this time. I control the food not vice versa.
As an obsessive/compulsive over eater to be in control is a new thing and I like it. I am not cheating...and my body and mind both appreciate it. When I feel like I MIGHT cheat I eat a legal snack that I like: nut butter, cheese, bacon. Not a diet snack that will not satisfy me.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-15, 11:32
90 Days at a Time

BF:

Down another 2.9 pounds on the week. I was hoping for 3 pounds minimum but I guess taking my handicap, the fact I get very little movement in a day, and am on oxygen 24/7 I am way ahead of the game. Down 22 pounds the 1st month. I like it. I shoot for 10 pounds a month from here out.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-15, 13:21
90 Days at a Time

BF:

Well, I crashed and burned food-wise yesterday. Did fair most of the day and failed miserably after dinner. Just journaling not complaining. Back on track today.
And above message. I was down 22 pounds in 3 weeks. Still have some to go to hit a month.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-15, 06:33
90 Days at a Time

BF:

After 4 weeks on A-40 I am down a bit over 24 pounds. I am happy, satisfied, and seldom hungry. Basically NEVER hungry as I feed the hunger with a legal snack that I really want to eat. As opposed to a legal snack that I eat just to get something in me.
So, one month review: really like the diet for ME. Everyone has their own "medicine" (or poison) for weight loss. No adverse effects. All on go to continue this WOE for me. For now.
Wishing you all every success.