Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 11:20
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

LB day. I've decided to add some gentle stretching to the end of my WOs. It feels good, plus I'd like to improve my flexibility.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 08:54
Forum Moderator

BF:

Cardio day. I can't believe I've been doing this for three weeks!
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 14:20
Forum Moderator

BF:

LB day, but I took it easy because my legs are sore from standing around in not-too-comfortable platform shoes for five hours last night. Blah.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 09:24
Forum Moderator

BF:

I took a free day yesterday, since I drank two nights in a row. Still ate pretty well, though. Had about five servings of vegetables yesterday!

Did my UBWO today and pushed myself a little harder. I'll probably regret that later today when I'm carrying groceries home.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 08:17
Forum Moderator

BF:

Got my LBWO in today, but didn't get my full cardio in yesterday. I just had a bit of a hike with an extra-heavy backpack to band practice. So it wasn't 20 minutes, but I'll make up for it this weekend. I'm going to visit my relatives and we're staying in a hotel with an indoor pool and fitness room! Yay!

It's been four weeks on my BFL, and yesterday, I noticed that my calf muscles are getting rather ripped! I was putting on my shoes and noticed how hard they are! I've also noticed that I've lost an inch or two around there, because I now have to tie my knee-high boots as tight as they'll go! I can also see a difference in my arms. Cool.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 08:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/175/140
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default wtg Kristine

Nice to see results after "just" a few weeks isn't it?

I've always been pretty good about cardio but hate to do the strength workouts. My aerobics instructor added a strength training piece to his class a few weeks ago so I've been forced to participate. It feels good, but I'm so lazy. My legs are in good shape from the aerobics but my UB is v. flabby.

So I have to hand it to you for sticking with it! way to go.

Virginia in Oregon
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 12:06
Forum Moderator

BF:

Thanks! I'm the opposite: I like the strength training better than cardio. I'm lazy, too - I think that's why I like BFL. "Twenty minutes," I tell myself. "That's not long."

On my trip this weekend, I didn't get to do any swimming because the freekin' hotel pool was only open from 4 pm until 9 pm! We left early in the morning all three days, and didn't get back until late.

...but it was only a weekend. I'm back on track now. I did a LBWO yesterday because my arms and ribs are sore from roller coaster riding. Today, I did my cardio.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 08:09
Forum Moderator

BF:

Got my UBWO in today. Nothing notable; but posting it here keeps me committed.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 11:51
Forum Moderator

BF:

I did my cardio on Friday, and my LBWO yesterday. I was going to take a free exercise day, since this was supposed to be cardio day and my legs hurt from a busy day yesterday, but I decided to switch and do my UBWO today and I'll get my cardio in tomorrow - the weather will be cooler, anyway.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 18:06
Forum Moderator

BF:

I'm taking a free exercise day. I forgot, today's a holiday here so my b/f is home. No, I'm <b>not</b> going to do my cardio, which involves me in my lingerie and sneakers, bouncing up and down with my earphones on, making the floor creak like mad... in front of him. We share many things... me looking like an idiot does not have to be one of them.

...I'm still eating well today, though.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 10:45
Forum Moderator

BF:

I've been lazy lately. I skipped my cardio yesterday since I overslept and had to run out the door, but I got my UBWO in today. I need to get back on the wagon.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 20:54
Forum Moderator

BF:

Still being lazy. Seems like a lot of people get slumps half way through on BFL. I did get a UBWO in this morning, so I'll have to start kicking my butt and get back on the wagon. I'm just not motivated, and the things that usually motivate me, aren't. It's probably because I've had a lot of other stuff going on.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 09:42
Forum Moderator

BF:

Well, I'm two-thirds of the way through BFL and I'm changing my tactics slightly. I haven't been pushing it to "tens" with my resistance training lately. At first, everything seemed like a ten. But because I'm already bulky enough, and I don't want any more bulk, I've been using the "more reps/lighter weight" philosophy. I'm pretty much sailing through the workouts with minimal soreness the next day, so I'm going to change my schedule to LB/UP/cardio/LB etc. In other words, a three day rotation instead of four. I don't need four days to rest.

Today was a LB day. Yesterday, cardio, which consisted of carrying a heck of a lot of groceries home in severe heat. Wednesday would have been an UB day, but I skipped the arm workouts and just did abs, because I had to be able to play (flute) in a concert that evening. It's not a heavy instrument, but it's hard on your shoulders and back. It's a pretty unnatural position.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 10:11
Forum Moderator

BF:

I haven't been keeping my gym log up to date. At least I'm doing the exercise. Got my UBWO in today, but my abs were still sore from the other day - I tried some new, harder crunches. So I skipped that. I might do some tomorrow, if I feel like it. I tried some different leg exercises two days ago for that LBWO, too. Time to mix things up a bit.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 11:03
Forum Moderator

BF:

My weekend exercise consisted of carrying a lot of junk from Home Depot, then assembling my bookshelf and dragging it across the apartment a few different times, trying to find a good spot for it.

Today, I did a totally different LBWO. Instead of my usual squats, etc, I did it step style on a milk crate. I'm going to be hurtin' tomorrow.