Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1966   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-19, 20:34

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

What lovely day of posts! - Just missing you Greg- we are a chatty bunch!

NIC
- How scary for your hubby. First I bet he was internally terrified- watching his brother go though Guillain Barre is well.... scary. I have had 2 patients die from that. It's no joke.
So I am glad there is light at the long end of a tunnel. Patience will be the word for all of you! Him and you!

I love your description of what you will be doing- of course the FOOD TOUR ranged right up there!!!!! Yes PLEASE!!!!!!!- I can't wait to hear all about it!
So cool things are falling in line with the DS 17- ya know we all gotta make our own path. You and the hubby have given your kids opportunities now it is up to him to fly!!! Sounds like he is getting with the program! -
Sheets- you crack me up- where in the world would you put 20 sets of sheets.
Let me just say for the first year I was divorced I slept on a blow up bed with a blanket- no fancy sheets. Nothing. When I got a bed a year later after saving and saving ( I was laid off believe it not during my divorce - in 2008 everyone was!)
So I got a bed and ONE set of sheets. BTW- I cried the day my bed was delivered! Oh yea- I did, it had been a full year. I take nothing for granted. Anyway-I have upgraded to a Serta Sleeper with silky sheets. ONE set. I JUST got my second set this last week. I do like BLUE does, take them off wash them and put them back on.

What I do have is different blanket for the seasons. I have a flannel comforter I use in the winter and a lightweight fleece barely there blanket for summer. So long story short- I now have 2 sets of sheets. I love my new set. thinking about getting another set- as they are on sale for 15 bucks and change and they feel so silky! I love soft sheets!
I actually bought a head board for my bed this last year. I have never had one my entire life- It completed my bedroom. It looks like a "finished" room. I got the high end mission dark cherry head and foot board and love every minute of it- I am blessed!
I was thinking about that the other day as I walked though my doll house.
How blessed I am with what I have. I NEED nothing at this point. I pulled out that gratitude list. A roof over my head- crab for dinner, soft bed, STUFF- a nice cozy nest. My TV is even HD and new. Not huge- big enough. Ya get to a point- that enough is good enough ya know.
Ok I went sideways with your sheet question. It just took me back to the fact I was so happy to have a bed. Yup- I am scrapy in every sense of the word. I bounce and roll back up!!!!! -
I am pricing out some new pillows now. I have crushed the ones I have. Waiting for Amazon PRIME days and I will DEF get some new pillows. Then you all will hear all about that!!!!!! So glad you slept! Sleep and a comfortable bed is so important.

HELEN is on the staycation list and I will send picks!

BLUE- - I am so glad you rocked in your birthday your way! Yup- you have a way! You are glam from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. One of those glam gals that seem to never age! - ageless.
What does your swimsuit lookalike/ Do you where a hat when the sun is out. I can just see you big ol hat, fancy cover up and those big sunglasses of yours - conversing with some gals you just met!
You bet I would be there- GOOD on you!!!!!!

Trig- YOU crack me up!!!!!! - you are so direct, straight up poster and writer. The funny thing is can
"hear" you as you type your word- pink lipstick and all! Who would have thought our Annie Oakley wears pink lipstick, goes well with your pink flannel. You know I HAVE to have a flannel this year. I want one now too!- It has to be LL Bean though. It is a WANT- well maybe I should make it a NEED for fall! HAHAHAHAHAH

Do you shop from LL Bean? I like the quality. Do look me up when you pass my way again!!!!! Hartwell is like 50 minutes from me-
Still would like to get a meet in sometime- maybe fall when the kiddo goes back to school we could meet have way in Spartanburg for lunch afternoon.
I think it is GREAT you have kept your 6 pounds off as well- high five on that!

Have you gotten any walking in lately? Hikes?

Lori-- Oh girl you found the magic massage!!!!- Keep her number! When you find just the RIGHT one they make ALL the difference!!!- Seriously! I found a gal in Greenville that was SO good she was able to help with my back injury- would not have made it without her! Hope this gal is just as wonderful!!!!!!

Are you rested up from your trip? There is always catch up from a trip! Any more trips up coming? Are you going to get back to running?
Let me know how you like your steak dinner- it sounded SO yummy!!!!!!!- Isn't it nice to put stuff away and know you have everything planned out!!!! - serious! That gives me comfort!

HI GREG-
--------------------------------------------
Today went on like nothing was ever said- at all. As a matter fact they sent that frekin machine back to me from Delaware. The Bone density ultra machine to do more people here in Ga. Nobody else knows how to use it. - It does not sound like at this point like they are making any more to do anything. Maybe they saw it as me having a need for a serious mental break.
They approved my PTO in minutes and just want me to have a break and come back refreshed. they are making appts for Aug......

Ok so I am planning....... TRIG close your eyes........ When I go to Helen I was told I MUST have a Ruben on Rye with a dark beer. It is staycation. I am THINKING about it. I can always take one piece of bread off and still enjoy the German flavor of Helen Ga. I will check out all the options - I want to splurge on 1 dinner during the week. Just one- and I want it to be quality. So I will decide. Fun to think about after hearing NIC is doing a food tour.
What will not happen is a derail!
I plan on fun stuff that doesn't involve food. So planning is have the fun right!

Today was totally on plan. I didn't get on the scale. - So I FEEL less bloaty from all those meds over the last weekend. I killed that cold pretty fast with basically mainlining turmeric. HAHAHAHAHA-

Was supposed to rain all day- not a drop. on and off clouds. Got in TWO walks- ten minutes each with the dogger!

Well I popped in for a few comments and wrote a book!!!!!!-

BLUE-ALL silver linings- met this man today. A patient. the last nurse to see him was a real brat and refused to SEE him. Wrote up a bad report that he was dirty with wild dogs roaming and she refused to go into his home as it was dirty. (thank god she left.)

This guy in his 90's delightful. Yea a bit scruffy- has old doggers walking around- they sniffed my leg and licked my hand. He told me stories about his journeys in the Korean War and serving on a boat for years. Then he told me how he met his wife of 56 years. He had a tattoo of her name but the dude tattoo guy misspelled her name- but it was to late to fix- so the patient has carried "her" name all this time misspelled and was a joke and she married him over it! Is that not a hoot!
He was DELIGHTFUL to talk to. A real patriot- I thanked him for his service! Lest we forget!- His wife has passed and he has had some issues that I can help him with. I will gladly see him next month. he was so sweet!

Well time for me to crawl into my fluffy downy smelling silky sheets and nod off to a You Tube lecture. I love listening to monotone lectures. Plus I figure it I listen to a lecture I will get smarter via osmosis as I sleep!!!!!!!!

Nite all!!!!!!!- RIBS on tab tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
  #1967   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-19, 05:07

BF:

Good Morning! - Sipping my coffee and could use another few hours of sleep! It has been a long week! I am looking forward to my weekend! I ended up working until 845 last night- it was a 13 hour day!

I don't even think I am up for cards tonight- I am that whipped and have 2 full days to put in before I can chillax.

Nothing to add from my book yesterday! -
I am warming up my slow cooker and ribs are marinating before going in-
I will have ribs and a scoop left from the slaw. and that will be my OMAD!

Have a good one ya'll!!!!!
  #1968   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-19, 05:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Sitting here enjoying some coffee before heading to Yoga at 8:15. Sure wish the class was just a little later. 8:15 sounds so early when you're retired!

I'm hopeful that my arm will behave better at Yoga this morning. I can tell a difference in how high I can lift it without pain and I'm able to straighten it all the way now. I actually didn't realize that I couldn't do that until Chrystal mentioned it toward the end of the treatment....she could straighten it when she couldn't at first without me wincing.

I didn't make my Thai steak salad last night. DH was at a meeting and I just didn't feel like messing around. I'll make it tonight, probably while DH has his leftover ribs from our dinner out.

On the sheets.....I have Polar Fleece flannels for the coldest of the winter, lighter weight flannels for when the cold breaks, then tee shirt sheets and micro fiber for Spring and Fall, for the Summer I have very nice, soft cotton sheets. For my spare room, I just have mid weight flannels and cotton summer sheets. The Polar Fleece flannels are heaven in the winter as we keep our bedroom very cold.

-------

Nic....so glad your DH can have therapy and regain much of his strength. I sympathize with him on the "ache". It is miserable.

Fun times coming in NYC!

Blue...happy to hear about your fab birthday bash. Your swim with a pal sounds wonderful too. Just talking and swimming back and forth....how lovely.

Trig....love the DD's furniture! I'm sure she'll enjoy it in her "new" room. Teenagers spend a lot of time in their rooms, so I'm sure she's happy to have it redone to her specs.

Any news on the car?

Jaz...plans are coming together for your staycation! All sounds great.

I loved your story about the patient today with the tattoo and Korean war stories. I'm glad you got assigned to him as his previous nurse sounds like she's in the wrong profession. There is more to nursing than giving meds, right?

Greg...your vacation sounds like a good time. No worries about going off plan a bit. I think you handled it fine. I echo what Trig told you.

Gotta run!
  #1969   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-19, 07:27

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco….that is tough for the hubby with a diagnosis mostly that is 1-2 maybe into 3 yrs for decent recovery. I feel for him on this one cause when I read up on it, there is like no rhythm or reason for it being a partly maybe genetic and environmental situation to make such a horrible med trouble for his shoulder/arm. Wow. I hope he is taking it well!

It is scary truly when one gets that 'thing that can change' the next years of your life and into your retirement times. One reason I let hubby quit and take early retirement was his back. He got so much worse on his 12 hr work days. At some point I had to put 'years down the road and quality of life' vs. keep working to make money. Luckily we are financially fine enough to be able to truly take the quality of life road over money needed to survive. Blessed everyday with that one for us! Wishing nothing but the best for your hubby and hope rehab etc. works well for him and he gets into a much better place!!!

Your trip sounds fab and I get ya what you say about the scores for your DS It sounds tho that all is falling ok into place for everyone and all in your family has a course of action they need to follow. That is good tho, knowing what work is required to handle things and get results, worse is when things are so in the air and no light at the end of the tunnels.....glad you are doing ok thru all this stuff!!

Sheets. I have 1 per bed. I got 3 sets of sheets in the house LOL
I wash and put back on fast. We did have flannel sheets at one point but NC is still hot in winter in that it takes very little to get warm kinda here for a short time and with our down comforters that is enough....so once the flannel sheets ran their course and hit the garbage....I never bought again. So 20, hell yea that is a lot!!! HAHA When sheets get used up a bit I just run out and buy new and fling the old. I don't need to store sheets, the ones I got are always on the bed LOL

Lori, holy cow...sounds like you found a person to truly help ya. That is fab!!
Glad you don't have frozen shoulder and what you do have is a crammed up mess of muscles that need working and kind of rehab work etc, message and more to get back into a better place. Happy you found what might work for you. 6 months you been dealing with this? omg time flies. And ya ain't whining When ya chat about how rotten this is effecting your life I think (ok, not great to say but will say it ), thank goodness I ain't dealing with it and I hope that Lori can find a person/dr/procedure etc. to make this right for her so she can get out of aches and pains and back into her normal life....I think you are now on that path. With adding in the Sport Chiro you might have a fab way of getting back into a great place with that injury!

Blue....see with a few words I got ya back on your avacados you love I have forgotten so many recipes, tricks and tips that have helped me thru all this to keep it long term lifestyle change....I gotta put some real effort into bringing that back out into the forefront of my life. I mean if losing some lbs and keeping them off is what I want, then I have to put in the effort I guess So yea, I am remembering what it took to lose lbs and keep them off and putting them back into my life.

Happy your bday celebration went so well....and darn right parties are alot of work! but fun times for all and no one ever likes the clean up so it is great your hubby kicked in and gave your that little last bday gift of helping out alot on that cleanup.

Your pool times sounds great and I am so happy you are enjoying your perks like the pool when you moved!!

Jaz I am so glad you love your doll house and feel you are blessed and in good form You worked hard for all ya got girlie and I am super thrilled you love what you have! Work, pfffft, let it all calm down, keep that eye out for that other fab job that might come your way and let life just wash over ya. Sometimes we can't 'be on point' and 'tense and ready' all the time, ya know what I mean....our lives have to sometimes 'just be' and 'loose and free and easy and mindless' so just delve into that a bit and relax it all out.

on yea we will get a meetup day eventually, we can make that go down!

and yea if you want bread for a sandwich, what the heck, go for it. It is all about what you want, how you want your lc journey to go and all that. No one is you and you gotta do it your way, not a thing wrong with that, plus in Helen it is a walking town so you can walk it off!

Did LL Bean long ago, now I don't shop it. I bought ski stuff when I lived up north, long johns and all for that super cold weather. It is good quality!
Now I buy the cheapie flannel shirts and don't care one bit on them mostly LOL

Greg, hope all is well and ya come back and chat up soon.

Hey all

cancelling Philly.
can't trust the SUV. called late yesterday on it and there are 'more codes' they found and they don't know what the problem is just yet.....today I should know...…I don't trust a 10 hr drive on Sat. IF AND WHEN they might get it fixed 'totally right' the first time. Not worth it. All too up in the air for me at this point and we are saying screw it. Do later.

So cancelling hotel rooms in a bit after chatting.

New plans are her friend is sleeping over 2 days. One day any movie they want and they can ride the golf cart around, swim in the pool, might hit a mall to wander (oh yea great huh but they like it LOL) etc and then on Sunday we are going to Carowinds Amusement Park.
Luckily it is Christmas in July and $70 tickets are now $40 per person....so win on that one but of course they will have fun, me and hubby will walk and do whatever. We ain't into rides anymore but it has stuff for us to wander thru while the kids have a good time.

done deal

too much of a pain to try to make this work. I can see us breaking down in like Virginia and this being a financial nightmare of a trip LOL
His monster big ass truck will not fit in the hotel parking garage for our Philly hotel so that ain't happening. With the SUV I now don't trust it ain't worth it so easiest to cancel and just do around here and all will have a good time either way

Leeann, ya had me cracking up about your thinking hubby needs to just get over it and fix himself fast cause it was annoying ya.....I do that. I don't give compassion or empathy or time for others to be hurting either for long LOL and I get it so much, in that when ya do hear it is bad you think, oh heck, it is real and I acted rough and now I gotta be empathetic to it all we are so much alike truly in our thinking

Hubby was out mowing into sunset last night and comes running in with a bug in his eye. I am like....no biggie, get it out and done deal, finish the darn mowing before the rain comes.....well his eye is red, swells up a bit cause apparently this bug bit him? and he fishes it out on a piece of TP and it is a DARN BIG BUG for being in his eye.....omg.....my thoughts were he is going to ask to go to the ER cause it was swelling up and I ain't having him cost me that much, so I gave him Benadryl and said you don't have to mow again, just sit and relax and he is hemming and hawing over it all and I had to baby him to make sure he wasn't gonna cost me a big azz price tag to the Er HAHA....omg he is such a baby but I got him to not think about it mostly and he is fine this morning and all is good.......but I am like, don't cost me damn money you pain!!!! but of course if it went worse I woulda had to spend some bucks on him at the ER omg

rainy misty kinda day
but not bad storms so might swim later, super hot here the way I like it

dinner tonight.....NY strip streaks and I want mushrooms with that. lightly sautted in fresh garlic butter over my steak. oh yea

drinking broth and tuna for brunch time eats if hungry.

so far so good, now I just gotta get some more lbs off....setting my mind up for a 2 day only liquid plan. with the trip to Philly looming and is now off....I can set up a few fast days without trips running into it.

great day all
  #1970   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-19, 07:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- so glad the Chrystal was able to help you so much! That is great news and such a relief for you! I agree with others- it is not so much whining when you are dealing with something that has had such a huge negative impact on your life and you weren't able to get sufficient answers or help. I would have been so frustrated too!

Blue- I have artichokes in the fridge as well! I think I'll make them with our dinner tonight. Yum!

VERY glad that you had a down day after your dinner party. I would have definitely needed that as well, no doubt. And your time in the pool with your friend sounds FAB!

Jaz- Love that you are so happy in your doll house. Also love the way you spent time with that gentleman and helped him, also just by listening to him!

Trig- LOL I have always been that way, with DH and with the kids. If they have a raging fever or are barfing or something, I am all sweetness and light. Once they start to recover or after about 3 days, I am like 'ok, enough of this shizz, buck up and get over it!' Definitely told him that he gets a good three days of sweetness and light now to make up for it.

Your plan for your DD and friend sounds great. I've been to Carowinds. Fun park. You won't ride any rides at all??

Bummer about the SUV. I don't think you told me the make model and year. What is it?

••••••

Sheets- well, we had a variety of answers! I do think that I can cut way back given that only two bedrooms are really used now. I do like having different sheets for seasons- the microfleece in the deepest part of winter is really nice, the flannel in spring and fall, and the cotton in the summer, but one of each for the master should be fine. As for the other rooms, I'm thinking one pair of cotton sheets and maybe a set of flannel, maybe just the cotton. I can see cutting that back more once they are just coming here on occasion. I'm still sort of betwixt and between!

Working today 12:45-4 so it is pretty much the perfect length of time. I have some minor things to get done around there this morning but nothing huge.

Starting to get more focused on prepping for the workshop.. mental prep and calming worries. I went on Google Maps and mapped out how to get from the hotel to the workshop and then practiced walking it on the map. Looked around to see where I can grab a bite, where is a drugstore etc. Re-read what I need to plan for, take etc. DD and SoIL are actually going to just stay here at our house while DH is gone to take care of the Doggos for us.

Guess that is about it from here!
  #1971   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-19, 08:38

BF:

Nicco my SUV is 2016. has 30K on it.
Jeep Dodge Latitude.

all the bells and whistles.

It was like $31,000 new with upgrades and I got it for $18K a year and 1/2 ago.

for only a 3 yr old vehicle I am shocked every darn light is now about lit up on the damn dashboard LOL

I want my Mitsubishi Endeavor back I traded for this thing...omg I loved that thing but it went bonkers around 140K miles and was costing me bucks.

Mitsubishi was like, for $5K we can fix her up and hubby CONVINCED me I needed new. OMG I wish I put the 5K into the old vehicle and would probably be a heck of a lot happier at this point instead of dropping 18 on this one.

hey the old....darned if ya do, darned if ya don't

if this thing costs a ton and has one more problem down the road soon......gonzo. trade and get another.

I don't do 'pain in the butt' cars ever I rely on them way too much to even think of having troubles ever.

ok, me spouting off on this one....I hate cars point blank. money wasters in my eyes all the time. but a necessary evil ya bank on having that good one vs. a lemon type LOL

ugh

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Jul-11-19 at 08:48.
  #1972   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-19, 08:44

BF:

can ya'll see how if anything annoying like this car trouble or such impacts my life and I get all wonky and irked and over the top crazy real fast......cause with my personality it does just that! I only want easy and simple and when one thing goes out of whack it takes all my extreme ability to keep it in good mode LOL I have to work on me being OK with crap that comes across as annoying and interfering and changes MY plans in any way.

I could take this SUV and sling it in the river right now and never look at it again ever HA HA and someone get me a great vehicle with NO troubles ever and let me drive that one

yea I gotta work on me LOL my thought process of how things go down in my life, hey me best find a way to make it easier on me but I sure never know how to let it go, let if flow.....I try so hard, I really do.....but then something hits and I revert back to maniac mode in my thinking about it.

ugh

hey but all is cool....we shall see where I flow from here.

just let it go.....let it goooooo…..pretend it doesn't exist and let it goooooo….

bleck
  #1973   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-19, 05:14

BF:

Good Morning!

Not much on the docket for me today. I'll run a quick errand and that's about it. DH was out again for dinner last night, so tonight I have got to get a Green Chef meal prepared.

DH leaves on Sunday for a couple day fishing trip in upstate NY with our Son & Grandsons & 1 of their friends. They'll be home on Tuesday and will, no doubt, be bringing me pounds and pounds of salmon fillets to be packaged and frozen. We still have some in the freezer from last year!

So, our 30th anniversary is on Monday and he'll be fishing! I guess my gift will be the above mentioned salmon fillets! 30 years.....how on earth did that happen?

------------

Trig.....sorry you had to cancel the Philly trip. Bummer. The alternate plans you made sound like fun for everyone.

I'm sure that car is driving you nuts. I'm like you, I want to go out and turn the key and have everything work the way it's supposed to. My car is a 2012 Honda CRV and I still love it. It's 7 years old and only has 80,000 miles on it. The only trouble I've ever had with it was last winter when it wouldn't start....just needed a new battery thank goodness. DH has a Honda truck and he hasn't had any problems with it either. These are our first Hondas and I think we'll stick with them. Cars are so much $$$ and you never know if you'll get a lemon.

Nic...I love your afternoon work shift. That would be perfect for me too. You still have your morning and evening to do whatever.

You have your plans for NYC all figured out. Love it! I'm sure your training will be interesting too.

Blue....artichokes...I love marinated artichoke hearts, but have never eaten a "real" artichoke. Have no idea how to tackle it. Isn't there some "furry" thing in the middle that you have to avoid? I'd give it a go if someone was instructing me.

Jaz....I'm sure you're beyond glad that it's Friday. Is tomorrow the start of your staycation or do you have 1 more week to work? I seem to remember something about the 22nd. I'm too lazy to read back thru the posts. Anyway, hope your weekend is relaxing & fun.

Make it a good day everyone!
  #1974   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-19, 09:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Man Trig, a 2016 with 30K miles on it should not be having problems!! You should still be on easy street. I have heard iffy things on Jeeps though. Someone from the other board got a Jeep Wrangler, brand new, and just ended up winning a Lemon Law on them. But then she got another Jeep. She wants to offroad though and has always wanted a Jeep so I get it.

I'm a big Honda fan myself. We had an Odyssey for ten years and 130K + miles before we sold it. My Pilot is a 2015, 50K miles and it has been good. One issue covered under warranty thus far. DH has had Toyota Camrys and they've been good too.

I agree with you though on darned if you do/don't- a 140K mile car.. I'd be hesitant to put 5K into it. At that point things are going to be going wrong. I would have traded at that point too.

Re: thought processes- one of the things that this program I am doing focuses on is thoughts, habits, intention setting etc. Basically sort of an overall health modification that includes the brain and spirit. I felt like with all the upcoming changes, it would suit me well to spend some time learning to center myself each day. It is too easy to lose our shizzzz!

Lori- I'd love to take some of that fresh salmon off your hands, girl! I'd say that is a nice anniversary gift indeed! We don't do much for our anniversaries but a 30th is a pretty big deal. Well done!!

Cooking artichokes really isn't hard, I promise. I'm sure there are youtube videos on it. Lop off the stem, lop off the top. You can trim the leaves but I don't really bother with that. Rinse it and then steam it. You eat the leaves from the outside in- after a bit they are too small to deal with. The "choke" you are referring to is easy-you just use a spoon or knife to just scrape it off. Trust me it sounds far scarier than it is!

••••••

Toodling along over here. Taking an easy day. I only have to work for an hour. Yesterday (and today) I did the health desk- that is the concierge desk for the Assisted Living and Health Care sections. OMG it was boring. I was BORED. Upstairs there is a lot to do but down here it is scheduling and stuff and the regular person handles that, so I just answered a few phone calls and talked to a couple of people. Otherwise I flipped through magazines and felt guilty doing so!

Today I did some stretches, vacuumed and dusted the main level, cleaned the counters etc. Then I'll work for an hour and maybe hit the workout room at the healthcare center. Stop at the library and then head home. Quiet day.

Tomorrow is Dh's 51st. We are going to eat Blue Crabs at a restaurant for a Linner. Whoo hoo we are party people!!

That's about it from here!
  #1975   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-19, 15:55

BF:

TGIF- Yes I am very excited that today is Friday. I have been in Weekend mode all day. I went and did my required- meaning drive by's today. Nobody was home and I did not sick around for a second knock- so basically I had a 88 mile road trip they was "field day" No people. That will go over well........... NOT. Not my fault. I did what was ask of me- and I was just DONE for the day. Ya feel me?!?!?!

TRIG- I second NIC- HONDA!!!! Granted I am a newer Honda owner. But I dumped a ton of money on cars/ Suv's that just nickled and dimed me to the point of ditching and getting something else.

I am sorry your Philly trig was a bust- but hey it sounds like you have plan B firmly in place and the girls will not even give it a thought. They are teenagers- they will have fun whatever you do. They will likely have more fun than being cooped up in a car for 10 hours with "mom/ dad/ and the dog" - trust me! There will be another time!

Trig I just love how much you are posting! I know the weather is sucking this summer so it's a good time to kick back have some rum and Pepsi and post! WINK!!!!!!

NIC- - gone are the days I feel guilty for sitting somewhere and getting pain to flip though a magazine! Somebody HAS TO DO IT !!!!!!- HAHAHAHAHAH

I love that you are focusing on centering and intention. Please SHARE any and all you learn- you speaking my language now! I just can't wait to see how you BLOOM in the next year!

Lori- - HAPPY 30 YEARS ANNIVERSARY!!! I would take pounds and pounds of fresh Salmon- are you serious- it is SO expensive for fresh not farmed. I am like NIC- I will stand in line for a bag or two!!!!!!!

Glad you had a laid back day!!!!

Blue- hey hope you are well!!!!!!!!- Waiting for you to repost!!!! WINK!!!! Hoping you are enjoying yourself!!!!
--------------------------------------------------
I was hoping to itch my Mortica as Blue puts it. The forecast was to be stormy and dark all day. It started off that way. Then By the time I hit the road the sun pulled out and all the clouds became scarce and puffy- hot and humid. I want one day of dark- stormy and stay in. Sunny hot and humid is getting old!

Today was PAYDAY FRIDAY!!!!!!- I am almost down to living on one paycheck. I also had 3 cancelled today so even though I was just basically driving- I did stop at my favorite high end resale shop! They only take 3 years or less in fashion and carry only top brands and sell for 1/3 to the price of a reg price. Gently used- most still have tags on them.

So a way to become HUMBLE - take a BASKET FULL 20+ items into a dressing room and walk out ready to cry! Yup that was me! I JUST do NOT see myself THAT big. I didn't have that much to spend but I wanted to give myself a little something for getting though the week and a small reward non food related. I was looking for a cute top. TOP- how hard can it be to get a dam shirt!? nope- nothing.

I am reverse anorexia- I see myself as still my "thin" self- until I REALLY see me. Then I am like who the hell is that?????SigHHHH
No need to comment- I am venting.

So I was walking OUT- when I saw out of the corner of my eye a very cute little purse. I have been sorta looking for a smaller "upscale" bag I can just put the essentials in. - Well this one is a leather small brand spanking new. It is a hand/ or swing bag. It is a pretty tan with all the bells and whistles of brass on it to look really cute. I am tired of lugging a huge bag. It it small. Enough for a cell phone, lipstick and and a place for credit cards. It is adorable 8.00. It still had new tags on it. I just had to buy it. NEW BAG!- It does care how big I am .............It FITS.

I had a shopping list a mile long- not in the mood. But I had to stop at Sprouts to get coconut mile for my coffee tomorrow. Well I swung by the fish dept. He just put out a ....... wait for it...... wait............ .80pound of scallops for 2.80. Yea you read that right- I saw him put it down. I practically grabbed it out of his hand. He was so cute. he said- you need to make this tonight- NO problem. It was DELISH......

Browned it in butter and added 1/2 onion- and spiral zucchini- added 1/2 jar marinara and could not even come close to finishing. I had scallops for 3 bucks!!!!!!- It was really good. I got full really fast too! I had about 1.5 cups. I stopped when feel full.

Calories about 600
Carbs- about 10

that includes my 2 glasses of wine today . I am loving the OMAD lifestyle!!!!!!!!
It is SO easy. you don't spend all day thinking about food. You plan one meal and done! - eat until full and STOP!!!!-

Tomorrow I am meeting my mother and her husband at for dinner at lake Lanier. About 30 minutes from me. I really hunted and hunted for SOMETHING I can eat. It is typical bar food on a lake.
Decided I will get a burger sans bun- extra onion, tomato and coleslaw and call it a day. Everything else is high carbs and fried!

But I already KNOW what I am getting before I walk in. I think my mom was hoping I would offer to pay for theirs. NOPE. I made it clear we are going dutch. No expectations. Is that mean? She made the comment- well........ hubby's birthday is next week. Ok- so, this has nothing to do with that.

I DID offer to have them go with me the week after next to HELEN with me and I would buy their lunch at the deli they like. TBD.

Ok- going to kick up my feet!!!!!!!!! - Have a AWESOME evening all!!!!
  #1976   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-19, 16:26

BF:

posted twice - editing
  #1977   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-19, 05:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 198/195/156 Male 69.5 inches
BF:26.5/26.5/21.5
Progress: 7%

Running this morning with my group, early I hope, before it turns hot. I’m at a little plateau, weightwise and mentally. I have learned that when that happens I need to go back to basics. Read the literature and watch the videos. All over again. It’s easy for me to lose sight of why I am here. Easy to forget about the agony of all my past efforts. On my own, I struggle. With others, I have a chance. My blueberry bushes are ripening nicely now. I would like to just walk between them and eat every ripe berry. The bluejays are having a feast this year. A few chipmunks scramble up and eat them too. One chipmunk stays eating even though my cats get near. He can’t tear himself away even though there is danger in the choice. That’s me!!
  #1978   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-19, 05:41

BF:

Lori congrats on 30 yrs coming. time flies doesn't it Salmon as your gift HAHA I bet something else will come your way....but if you are like us now....we just kinda get ourselves something we want later when we see it LOL

You said it....I do want everything turn key, without a hitch
Every single thing IN my life!! I can't any drama and car troubles to me is drama, bleck. Your Hondas are treating you very well so that is great. You better now go knock on some wood somewhere, dont' want you jinxing yourself!!

Nicco I didn't hear anything iffy on Jeeps....now I know but luckily it was a module and replaced and fixed....but once this crap goes down I think how long til the next one. If next one comes sooner than I ever expect a future trade is coming my way to something else! Glad your cars are treating you so well, thing is I don't care one bit about cars, but I always loved that stupid Mitsubshi Endeavor yea throwing good money after bad but I kinda want that thing back HAHA ahhh, I will just keep moving forward with vehicles I guess as needed. money sucking suckers

Hey boring job....I get it. Moving, working makes time go so much faster. Boring time just drags that clock out but never feel guilty about doing nothing, some days work is just like that

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH!! Blue crab and quiet evening....hey that is my kind of crazy good night have fun!

Jaz, shopping, ugh don't get me going on that. I don't even want to go anymore. Tshirts for summer, flannel for winter and I am done, I don't even bother attempting more than that anymore, I just don't even want to shop for it, no desire to hit stores anymore....just me I guess. Over it, done with it, annoys me to no end to shop Hey at least ya tried.

I get ya on big purse vs. little. I have a small one for vacay. Fits all I need, on a long shoulder strap. Throw in credit card, drivers license and a few little things and done deal...off I go. My real purse can get heavy, the little guy is so light and simple. I so get that! 8 deal is fab! Your new one sounds so cute!

HI BLUE and GREG!

so we are going to Richmond Virginia.

yup, booked 2 rooms at the Omni Downtown Hotel. Next door kinda to the Richmond Capitol Building and all those fancy historic things around town.

Car had bad ABS Module which effects a few things so it was replaced. $550 on it. All covered for free under my last 26 days of warranty left on the SUV. Hooray. Tires and oil change cost $525...boo but hey at least the other was not out of pocket. LIFE IS TOO EXPENSIVE people

but we trust it.....but I wanted a 'shorter drive' just in case so we cancelled Philly (about 12 hrs on the road total) to Richmond Virginia (about 6 hr total drive time to the hotel) and that just makes this trip a whole lot easier. only 6 vs around 12....yea we will take that. Promised her Philly on her next spring break time which means cooler weather so that will be good for sightseeing.

Leave tomorrow, home Wed. Only 2 days. Enough for me to 'see' Richmond. Big mall there, called Short Pump Town Center. will go there one day. hit a museum, ghost tour at night (I think one meets right at the Capitol bldg we are next to) and it has rooftop lounge and indoor pool.

Leave in a few weeks for my next beach trip.

Tstorms all around us and barely a drop of rain. It threatens big time, someone out there is getting nailed, ain't us. it might misty rainy a bit and then moves out. but a few days the big thunder and more but not a drop of rain...weirdo weather. but Tstorms move out quick mean I still go good swim time in between. Have to work on pool a bit today. vacuum it etc

Kid has her friend coming over later today and sleep over tonight so we can head out early AM to Richmond.

I think broth and protein shake for dinner tonight, just make it a liquid day. I swear to heavens I feel SO much better on just liquid but sights/smells/being around food means I can't last too long, those just get in the way and I want to chew anything LOL but I am gonna get a liquid day in today. before this trip.

great day everyone!
  #1979   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-19, 05:55

BF:

Greg we posted at the same time.

I loved your post!!!

It is a great reminder for me to never leave the basic ideas/plan on which we start. Very important!! Back to basics should literally be a ONCE a month situation I adopt into my lifestyle.

Kinda like a 'go to monthly reminder' and put the back to basics plan into play and let that make me flow easier thru it all.

I loved what you wrote!

We had tons of blueberry bushes up in PA at our vacation home on Big Bass Lake. Love fresh blueberries. I love how that chipmunk is risking life and limb over them

You don't write a book in your posts, but I have to say your posts pack a punch with little words. Your back to basics when it gets a bit out of whack is wonderful for me to hear right now.
I needed to read that right now.

Our bodies are important no doubt for good health but we so forget the mind is a key element. A thing to be trained, handled, energized and changed habits and more.

JUST WHAT NICCO was mentioning about in her post. I love what she wrote also!!

Great chat on the board guys! Thanks everyone for just always saying a few things that hit so close to home for me when I need it!! Ya'll re-charge me when I need it
  #1980   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-19, 06:12

BF:

Good Morning!

Up way to early due to hurting arm. First time in a while for that mess. I got up just after 3AM. Can you say "nap time"?

DH is out for breakfast with son & grandson. They leave tomorrow around Noon for the big fishing trip. We went to the grocery store yesterday for him to get his stuff for making lunches etc.

------

Trig....Richmond is a fun city. The tour of the Capital is great. I think we also took some kind of trolley tour around the city that was fun. They should have a great ghost tour too. Have fun!

Jaz....sorry you didn't find any clothes that worked, but the purse sounds darling.

Nic....wish we lived closer, I would be sharing the salmon with you & Jaz....and anyone who wanted any! These salmon they catch are 20 lbs plus.

Blue...missing you girl. Hope you have a fabulous weekend. Are the birthday celebrations continuing?

Greg....love that you have a running group. I would love to find one. The Rec center where I go is supposed to be forming a running group...we'll see.

Funny that the chipmunk keeps eating while the cats are close. I hope he is quick enough to get away if they pounce. My cat leaves a chippie...or part of one...on my front door mat from time to time. Ugh. One day she tried to bring a live one into the house. I heard a noise at my front screen door and went to investigate and she was putting her paw in the door crack trying to open it with a big chippie in her mouth! I quickly hooked the door and she put the chippie down and it ran off. That could have been in my house!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Closed Thread