Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1981   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-19, 11:10

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---Great news on the car, or at least better than you expected. IMO oil changes don't count in the big pissed off that can be one's car, as they are simply maintenance.

Just for the record if you ever do trade that on in, I'm with the others here who swear by Hondas, and I would add Toyotas as well. My Rav4 is 15 years old, haven't had a car payment in years and years. It's got 180,000 miles on it and I'm hoping for another 50,000, not at all unusual for a Toyota. (And yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and knock on wood.) Has cost me very little over the years. Now, it looks like an old banged up crate as it lived thru my son's teenage driving. But as long as it gets me from A to B I'm AOK.

Wow, so fun that you're going to Richmond. You are a master at throwing together trips fast. Agree that 6 hrs in the car is MUCH better than 12, specially when you're not staying for long. Hope you bring your lap top and tell us what you're doing.

Jaz---You are doing great w/the money planning. Living on just one paycheck is quite an achievement, and you're still eating scallops and toting a great new purse---all for around $11. It really is amazing what you can still find that's affordable on a tight budget, if you put your mind to it.

Mike Todd (Liz Taylor's third husband) was known for saying "I've been broke many times, but I've never been poor." I always think of this when I'm checking out my blessings in tighter times.

Oh and G, wish I knew that "glam woman in the big hat" but I don't, No big hat, no top to bottom glam on most days. More and more if I can throw on my capris and a T shirt, and let my face be what it is w/out make up I feel a freedom I enjoy. Then a party or a night out comes along and yeah, it is fun to dress it up a bit.

Nic---I'm w/Jazz, no guilt for paging through a magazine. When I had my store I told the gals who worked for us that if there was nothing to do and no one was there they should read a book or do a crossword or whatever. Had a nice comfy chair for them to do it in too. They so appreciated it and no one took advantage, just made them more likely to stay. Keeping good part time workers is a challenge and I always wanted to make them as happy as I could.

I love hearing about the program you've invested in lately. I so agree, it's too easy to get yourself in a knot about things that don't deserve that much of your attention. If and when you feel like it, would love hearing more about this.

Lori--- Have you met w/your sport Chiro yet? Or is that this week? Does your arm feel better now, days after your massage?

Greg---IMO, plateaus are part of the territory. One can't go full speed indefinitely. I think the body takes a rest from the regime we've put it on and just kind of puts its foot down for a bit, so to speak. Then we find a way to trick it back into action. It's a cyclical thing for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gals, I just went kerplunk these last couple of days. Felt low energy and tired and just let it be. I needed to totally chill.

I was and am on plan. Got on the scale this AM and I have not lost, but have maintained my 5.5 loss. Happy w/that considering between our trip to my brother's and party city here I have been off plan more than I would have liked.

Still though, it's been a "in the zone off plan" if that makes any sense. Right back on plan after every treat. Keeping up w/my work outs. And, I've started doing OMAD for a day or two after any treat night, think that has really helped.

Last night I got my first "you've lost weight" in this round of being in the zone
from a neighbor. Nice. And motivating. Onward.
Sponsored Links
  #1982   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 05:25

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Feeling great today after a good night's sleep. I didn't even hear the 30+ fishing boats go up the river right in front of our house around 6AM! DH was up and said it was loud and just one boat after another. There must be a fishing tournament up river somewhere.

Speaking of fishing..DH, Son, Grandson15, StepGrandson16 & one of the boy's friends are heading to upstate NY today to fish for salmon. They'll be home Tuesday afternoon. I'll have a couple days of having the house to myself....woohoo! Truth be told, I'll be glad when DH is back home.

I'll be checking in on his elderly cousin and making sure she's ok and has dinner each day etc. I usually call her around 4 in the afternoon and see if she's hungry for anything specific. Her wants are few these days. She has been doing a bit better lately. Her appetite has improved so she's been eating a bit more.

Tomorrow morning at 8AM I'll be going for a shoulder massage. Can't wait! I also have an appt with my usual Chiro in the afternoon. I don't see the new Sport Chiro until 7/23. Really anxious for that appt.

This week I also want to get back outside walking/running. My muscles have gotten over the initial soreness of Yoga, so now it's time to ramp things up. It's going to be a beautiful day today, so I think at least a 30 minute walk is in my future. I'm not going to go crazy with it, but have to get back to a routine.

Yesterday all I did was eat. Mostly LC, but just one thing after another. Today I'm really going to try to have a short 5-6 hour eating window. Once I start eating, it's open season!

Jaz....it is just so confusing to me that you eat one meal a day, often way under 1000 calories, yet the scale doesn't move for you. I hope you can find a Dr. who will do some hormone testing etc. to help you find out what's going on. It just doesn't make sense, does it?

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Trig...hope you're having a great trip!

Nic....hope you had a nice "Linner" out for DH's birthday. Crab sounds awesome.

Blue....in the zone....that is huge! Getting right back on plan after a treat is the key. OMAD after a treat day is a fantastic strategy. I was actually going to do that yesterday, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around fasting lately. I'm even going to struggle to wait until Noon today to eat.

Greg...hope you're having a great weekend. How far did you run with your group yesterday?

Ok..over and out for me. Have good days!
  #1983   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 06:10

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

off to Richmond a few days.....not bringing laptop but will chat up when I get back....hope all you are doing great and check in later
  #1984   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 06:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 198/195/156 Male 69.5 inches
BF:26.5/26.5/21.5
Progress: 7%

Lori, I ran 2.5 yesterday. My best time ever. 29:45!!! I don't run much better, but every time I lose 5 pounds, the same running style gets me down the road that much faster. I'll be thinking of you as you start your walking/running routine. Don't worry about how you feel, just show up!!! Keep a log and find a pace that you can maintain!!!
  #1985   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 07:41

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!!!!!!!- It hit me I didn't post yesterday! WHAT???!!!! I post 99% of the time! - oh well the day got away from me and I ended up doing an about face in plans! - more later.

TRIG- Safe travels! Is the entire family going and the GF? You are in the ZONE!!!!!!-

GREG- So glad you are in a running group! That is really helpful I think when you find someone to "pace' with- keeps you going! I used to have a walking buddy! We kept each other going! We met rain or shine every Sat. It was a pretty brisk couple hours - it really helped on so many levels. I would love to find a walking partner again! Yup- I find that going back to what has worked is always the right way. I know for me I get distracted when I teak this or that and before ya know it I am sideways and need to regroup and go back to ZERO!

BLUE- - I heat ya on capris and a tee shirt. I am a shorts and tee and flip flop gal myself. I rebel having to dress up at this point too! I have traded my heels for sketchers!!!!!- AND (I know you don't start a sentence that way)- I an loving it!

I am so glad you are loving your pool. Have you met anybody else in the complex? I enjoyed the gals at the pool! - Unfortunately we didn't keep in touch when we all moved out. But hey- they were great while we were together.
Remember that poem about the train? If not I will repost it- It is so good.
About how people come in and out of our lives- sometimes for a long ride and sometimes for just a few stops, but in the end we are better for knowing all the passengers. Makes us better people.

NIC-
- You leave Wed? Of course we will want details!!!!! NYC is on my bucket list. But I want to do it up right- stay in Manhattan of course and only the best of the best places to eat- a bit rich for my blood right now!

Blue crab- I am always been intrigued by that- you eat it shell and all right? What does it taste like? I have a think about eating a creature "whole"- guts and all.It is me- I be it is delicious.
I was also thinking about your artichokes - I am going to your tube how to eat and make them. Seems like a ton of work for a taste of something. You suck the meat out of it right? I will You tube it!!!!
Love You tube!

Is your hubby feeling any better?
Do you still go to your rec center? I am thinking I would like to check out the one here near me.

LORI- Looks like you have a true running partner on here!!!!!- I liked the advice- just show up!
Enjoy your house to your self days! - You may enjoy it- no expectations!!!!!!!!- Surely he will bring you home something more that Salmon! But hey that would be good for me! BRING IT!!!!!-
Where do they fish, a lake?- how many people are going?

Well you just put up your feet and enjoy yourself!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Last day of FREEDOM!!!!!- I was supposed to meet my mom and her husband out at a lake for a dinner on the lake. Well storms - heavy storms rolled in and I didn't want to drive 35 minutes in bad weather and eat a bunch of bar food that was inside rather on on the deck. So I took a pass.

But then I got super hungery about 5- and wanted some grilled chicken - so I went to the "square" which is not far from my. There is a ton of restaurants on the perimeter there. So I picked one that had a covered outdoor deck on the roof top- looked fun.

So I had a bowl of chili no beans- but it came with sour cream and cheese and topped with scallions. I am not going to lie, it was SUPER good! - LC and loaded with dairy. YEAH..........

Today I am grilling chicken breast and making chopped salad for it to go on top! I have a bit of laundry and some work on the computer to complete. I also want to check out the rec center. It might be fun to join a class- getting to know people!!! Dang it is so hard in a big city! - It is so different than a smaller city. Atlanta is also very transient.

hot here still- and sticky POOL EVNY BLUE!!!!!-

Gotta start my day!- I have a window open and listening to the birds- I love it

Have a great day

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Jul-14-19 at 09:34.
  #1986   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 12:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Trig, have a great time in Richmond. There is a really nice park there called Maymont just in case you use a cell to read along or something. Really lovely. Also a really great old time movie theater with an organ that comes up out of the ground that a man plays.

Super glad that the repair was covered under warranty. That is excellent. Tires and oil changes are routine. A pain to pay for, but you gotta!

Jaz- CONGRATS on getting rid of debt and being down to almost one paycheck! That is wonderful news. Having financial freedom from worry is SUCH a huge gift.

Whoo hoo a 26 year old, go you with your bad self!

Blue crabs- you are thinking of soft shell crabs. I am talking about steamed hard shell crabs that you open and pick. Yum! Baltimore tradition. Delish!

Blue- YAY for a compliment!! That goes a long way, doesn't it? Glad you took some down time when you felt like you needed it. Always good to listen to ourselves and refresh when we feel that way.

Lori- Enjoy your couple of days at home with the DH gone. I hope they get a lot of salmon for you!

Ed- well done with your running. You are making great progress!

••••••

It has been a busy (and HOT!) day here. I needed to mow the lawn prior to our trip so I went out and did that around 10:30 or so. Man, I was sweating like a pig and my face was purple from heat. Went straight upstairs after stripping down in the laundry room and took a lukewarm shower. It still took another half hour after that to bring my body temp back down. Then I went off to do a home visit for CASA since I am leaving soon and my home visit earlier in the week got canceled. Now I am all set and don't have to do a visit tomorrow. Win-win. Finally sitting down again at almost 3.

The program: Well, after some thought, I decided to hold off on it. I am enjoying it but also feeling really stressed out by the commitment of doing it daily for ten weeks. With travel, my certification workshop and other requirements for certification, my online business course, new job, getting DS20 ready to go abroad and DS17 starting up school at the end of August, it just doesn't seem like the right time. I could see the value in what I was learning so far (forming habits, seeing the triggers, setting intention) but also seeing how that was going to be hitting a collision course with a lot of upcoming changes. I'm going to look for some reading material and one-off videos instead to keep learning without such a long commitment.

Otherwise, getting packed up tomorrow, getting dogs set up, a couple of minor errands.. we leave early Tuesday. We need to get there and get the bags dropped off, car parked, grab a bite and ride the Subway to the Tenement museum by 1pm.

I've had a minor case of vertigo- woke up with it Saturday morning. It hasn't gotten worse and I'm hoping it will just go away on it's own. I know exactly how it happened, doing some yoga stretches on Friday clearly disrupted my inner ear. Sigh.
  #1987   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 16:49

BF:

NIC- - What type of program was it that requires a daily commitment? Was it an on line something? You can come on here everyday and we can give you an affirmation!!!! -

I agree with as much as you have upcoming- one more thing is just that ONE MORE thing and would stress me out! I am becoming more and more like TRIG- less drama and stress the better. I too am becoming less tolerate of STUFF, commitment, and drama. Just let me do my thing and move on!

You are basically staring your next chapter! The best way to to that is your way and not have it overwhelming! We constantly need to revalue what we do and why we are doing it. If it isn't working anymore it has to go!

Sorry to hear about the return of your vertigo- that would lay me up. I get super nauseous with that. Thank god I never have hangovers or vertigo. I wouldn't deal well. I remember ONCE- I had the room spins. I was in my 20's and drank to much. OMG- I remember laying in bed wishing to die and putting one foot on the floor (LIKE THAT WOULD STOP IT)- HAHAHAHAHAH- never again.

I do get motion sickness- which I think is why I am scared to do a cruise. I can't fathom having that on regular basis! URGHHHHHHH- my heart goes out to ya!

AH..... Yes I see you read about the hottie 26 year that made his way over to me and we chatted it up- (I got a pick too I might add) - but I deleted it on second thought. But you saw it I guess!!!!!- Ya well- MAN magnet!!!!!!!!!- big and all!!!!!!- I wasn't even trying for that one!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Safe travels my friend- gosh we are a traveling bunch!
-----------------------------
What an awesome day!!!!- I had plans and well, some happened and some didn't.
Got all my house work and laundry done! Took out all my garbage, and sparkling clean digs. played on computer for a while then the son called.
Had a nice long conversation with him. He enjoyed his visit with my daughter. She was up in Ohio this week. That will be the last of her travels until she delivers. She is taking this pregnancy so much more serious as she is at the highest risk level ever! We are all crossing fingers!!!!!!!

Then I took SMALL walk with the dogger and prepped some food for toady and tomorrow.Made grilled chicken and chopped salad- enough for two days.

then my neighbor stopped in and said she could only stay a minute and 1.5 later she left. It was nice to just answer my door- makeup free, hair up, in leggings and a tee shirt and not give a crap and still welcome her in! We chatted up- she had tea, I had a glass of wine- we just chatted up- it was fun.

Then I was sorta not feeling great- started up a headache and took a nap for an hour. Took 2 aspirin and slept for a bit. Love a nap on a Sunday afternoon. Woke up to dinner ready and feel right as rain!

Never left my house today. That is ok- I can check out the rec center another time. My body needed rest. It's all good- and I feel better for a nap!

ok- got a bit left to do before a Netflix evening
  #1988   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-19, 03:42

BF:

Good Morning!

I had a good day yesterday. I FINALLY got off my butt and went for a walk around 9AM. I walked for 40 minutes...a bit over 2 miles. Felt wonderful! It was getting quite warm until I was finished.

The fishermen got going about Noon and arrived safely. DH sent me a picture of the boys having a bonfire last night. Male bonding, I guess. They were supposed to be at the marina at 5AM to head out on Lake Ontario. Wonder how the teenagers liked getting up at 4AM?

I made my Thai shaved steak salad from Green Chef last night. OMG....it was so good. I have enough left for my dinner tonight. I was a bit worried that the beef would not be that good, but it was tender and delicious. There was a Thai seasoning that you put on it while you cooked it. There were also mushrooms that got thrown in with the meat and some coconut aminos. The salad was red kale with sauteed orange pepper & onion. You only sauteed the pepper, onion and cut up kale center stem and the other veggies were just thrown in raw. There were red beets(cut in sticks), cashews and of course, the kale. The dressing was a ginger lime viniagrette. I cannot wait for dinner tonight to have the leftovers! I could seriously eat it at least once a week! Yum.

I am really trying to get a handle on this fasting thing. I'm trying to do at least 18:6. Having the eating window of 6 hours will hopefully help me start losing some weight again. I found an app for the phone that keeps track of your fasting hours and you can join "circles" of other people fasting. Not sure if I'll find it that useful, but I can always just delete it. Just another gimmick to keep things interesting. At some point during my fasting window, I have a 30 minute run/walk to get in. It's on the schedule!

I'm going for my half hour shoulder massage/stretching at 8AM. It really seems a bit better this morning. This afternoon at 3, I'll go to my regular Chiro for an adjustment.

Well, since DH is not here, I'm in charge of feeding the birds and I hear them chirping up a storm out there. Calling for their breakfast, I guess.

Make it a good Monday!
  #1989   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-19, 06:54

BF:

Lori- So what app is the "fast" app? does it cost money? I am surprised that the isn't a FASTING group on this site somewhere. I actually look for one- nada. Unless I missed it. I would love to be a part of that group. I have been doing the fasting for over 10 years- before I knew there was a name for it. I just naturally fell into it.

I have never been a breakfest eater- ever. So when I dropped my 100+ pounds it fell into place that I was eating one meal and no snacks. I just wasn't hungry.I was really listening to my body. If I was hungry I did eat- but I never was, so it morphed into a 2-4 I would eat something. I have pretty much stuck to that ever since.

That is so cool about your dinner. So do you think you could make it now on your own? Get some shaved beef, and mushrooms, aminos and butter?
Then make your salad with kale, beets, and Pepper and onion?
What else is on your menu?

NIC- are you feeling better??? See above post to you!

BLue- - I hope you get some rest. Is everything ok with you? Just asking, not wanting to pry. But something "feels" a bit off. Maybe it's just me- But I carry the worry wart gene!

TRIG- Safe travels
------------------------------------
Hot hot hot here too!!!!!- we are supposed to be tipping near the 100 mark by the end of the week! Add 80-90% humidity and = miserable.
I have been running my AC non-stop. It is putting condensation on the OUTSIDE of my windows!

Today is a huge travel day- 2.5 hours each way- going to Hartwell - the city of Hartwell. 5 hours in my car.

I too have leftovers in the fridge from yesterday. Have a grilled chicken salad made and ready to put on chopped romaine with a few cucumbers and a couple radishes. I had that yesterday and it was awesome, and filling. Ranch on the side! I am thawing a new pack of ribs for tomorrow.

So I am THINKING about getting an air fryer- I will be howerving on PRIME day

Ok- gotta run, well gotta drive!!!!!
  #1990   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-19, 08:34

BF:

Jaz....the App is a free one called LIFE Fasting. Not really much to it. I don't know how long I'll keep up with it...we'll see. I'm on some fasting groups on FaceBook....I read a lot, but don't post much on groups.

------

My massage was wonderful this morning. This girl is so talented and passionate about helping people. I'm going back next week.

Just back from my 30 minute run/walk plus 1/2 mile warm up and 1/2 mile cool down. Time to hit the shower.
  #1991   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-19, 05:28

BF:

Good Morning!

So quiet around here!

Hope Nic & Trig....the traveling girls are having a great time!

I had a good visit with my Chiro yesterday. She definitely found some things "out of whack". She even adjusted my collar bone. I have never had that done before. She said she doesn't do it very often. I was having a lot of trouble lying flat on her table...just distress in the shoulder, so she pressed on my shoulder just below the collar bone and I heard the click. Amazing. I was able to lie flat after that.

Between the massage and the chiro adjustment, the shoulder is a little stiff & sore this morning. We'll see how Yoga goes in less than an hour.

DH & the boys are having a great time fishing. They caught 8 yesterday. The biggest was caught by our DGS15.....22 lbs! DH said they had about 7 more that slipped the hook and got away. They are out there this morning again and then will be home this afternoon. They have a 3+ hour drive home.

Ok....time to go put the Yoga clothes on. Have good days everyone!
  #1992   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-19, 07:06

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Did you get your air fryer yesterday? Did you get anything (else?)

Lori- Sounds like some of the therapies are very effective. Just make sure not to over do!

Glad the menfolk are having fun fishing. They definitely sound successful!

We on en route to NYC. I jumped on Dh's hotspot while he's driving. He has unlimited data through his work. We're going through Delaware right now and we should be in NYC by/before noon if all goes well. We had wanted to get there a bit earlier but we had to double back to pick up the EZPass.

I'll try to keep in touch while I'm out and about!
  #1993   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-19, 08:22

BF:

OMG....my head nearly exploded this morning before Yoga class. The teacher was saying how she's having trouble regulating her blood sugar. She said she's a Type 2 diabetic, but her body reacts like a Type 1. Not sure what that means. She doesn't take insulin, but controls it with diet. When she exercises, her blood sugar goes up. Her Dr. suggested that she exercise less....great Dr., right? Anyway, I asked her if she restricts the amount of carbs that she eats. She said, "Well, no....I need energy!" Cue exploding head. Then another girl chimed in with the "healthy carbs", multi-grain this and that. I told them that I eat very few carbs and they just looked at me and muttered something about not restricting any food group and balance etc. I had to walk away before I started preaching. A couple of the girls came my way and we talked a bit about LC & Keto. I probably ruffled some feathers when I said "Vegans and vegetarians can think what they want, but we are carnivores and designed to eat meat...that's why we have these pointy canine teeth!" One of the other girls said that she used to avoid grains etc and felt so good, but has gotten away from it. I believe we are not made to eat that stuff....that's why we feel better not eating it.

I think there's a case for not eating many veggies too, especially for some people. I've been doing a lot of reading about people with IBS and other gut issues who are doing so well with carnivore and feel just dreadful if they eat even a small amount of veg. It all runs contrary to what we've been taught all our lives, but the research is compelling.

Wow...didn't mean to go off on a diatribe! I'm so thankful that I discovered LC eating, this group and all of you!
  #1994   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-19, 13:34

BF:

I WANT IN ON THIS CONVERSATION- have a few charts to get in- than I can settle in and write!!!!!!!!!!- Back in a bit- just got in.....

#1995   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-19, 18:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Lori---OMG, doesn't it just fry ya to hear that kind of stuff?! I have to say, LC may be catching on a bit---but now they call it a "ketogenic diet." Which is fine. But it's nothing like the way "low fat" took off and remained to lead many of us down the wrong path for a very long time.

I SO get what you were feeling. The urge to set a few things straight, fighting with why bother when they start talking stuff we've long past experimented with and finally walked on by. The idea that one MUST have grains and fruits and vegetables on a regular basis. to be healthy.

Now for me it's true, I cannot live on meat alone. But that's more about my need for variety. And yeah, I do think my body likes the right fruits and vegetables. I don't think it EVER needs grains or sugar. So that's treat fodder, not lifestyle fodder.

We all find our own zone where all that's concerned. But, after going on 7 years mostly cutting my carbs way back, and hearing everyone's opinion about it--- sometimes so antithetical to so much I've read and more importantly, experienced--- I mostly have learned to just shut my mouth unless someone is asking questions. Which actually has happened.

If the door is open, I shoot right in there w/what I know and have experienced, otherwise I have learned to just smile like the Mona Lisa, LOL. Let them find out for themselves what works for them, PARTICULARLY as menopause sets in.

Sounds like you are making headway w/your shoulder. Although I certainly wouldn't have wished this on you, it has been quite inspiring to me in terms of your search for answers and your refusal to say "uncle." It's taught me a lot about what the medical profession can or will do for you, and how much you're left to explore alternatives.

Jaz---Thanx for caring, but I am just fine, if a bit wiped out by work and social demands in this last month. And yeah, I'll be honest to say I am learning to release to letting some things go here and there. I try not to make it here, w/you gals but sometimes that's what happens. This passage/journey I'm on is new to me, so I'm learning along w/it.

Haha, I bet you want in on the conversation Lori brought up. Don't we all, haven't we all been there?!?!

Hey, I'm curious. Have you made an appointment w/the hormone doc yet? Honestly, it just PO's me how hard you work at this and how little reward you are getting.

Like Lori w/her shoulder, I am learning we cannot sit back and accept what we don't like, until we have exhausted our choices. I am eager to hear what your choices might be, once you consult w/the proper doc. Because something is stopping you, and it ISN'T your commitment to LC, which you do a fab job at 98% of the time!

Trig and Nic---

I know Trig is out of dodge as she stated. Nic, appreciate your on the way out of town post, and hope you share as you go if you can. TOTALLY understand if you can't. I am particularly interested in your experience at that restaurant where servers use their talents while they wait for their break.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am 100% on plan. Have done OMAD for 3 days in a row.

For some odd reason, today I was bloaty nevertheless. I could so feel it and see it. Don't know why. DO KNOW it's not weight that's going to stick.

Looking forward to weighing myself again, but not yet. My goal/challenge is to stay on plan till this Saturday night, when my BFF is coming over here for a sleep over and a swim. We'll go out, or we'll order a pizza, but that will be my next teat night, and if I can do it, it will be 10 days since my last one.

And that will include going out for dinner for my SIL's birthday on Thursday. But I know where we're going and I know the menu very well. I can stay on plan and I'm going to.
Closed Thread