Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 22:47
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Editing Custom Foods

Edited to add: Voila! I found it! Sorry to have bothered you wonderful folks!

When I entered the vast majority of items on my very long list of custom foods, I was not tracking my sodium intake, so I didn't bother to include it. Is there any way for me to edit each custom food entry and add the sodium content, or must I delete each food and re-enter it, adding the sodium in the new entry?

I found a thread that said Custom Foods could be edited, but I sure haven't been able to find the word "edit" in relation to any of the foods on my list, no matter what I do. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 23:45
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

A good question. As you've figured out, the secret word is "customize."
I've added this to the FAQ's.

Roz
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 21:41
Never Give Up!

BF:

Thank you, Rosebud, and bless your heart for adding to the FAQ! That was the first place I looked, then I used the Google search. I gave up on that when I found I was reading about things that had been "fixed" long ago. So, I returned to the first page of the MyPLAN Help forum and worked my way backward through every thread for about 20 pages! That's the point at which I gave up and asked for help.

There is one thing I wish could be fixed, though. While editing my Custom Foods, it wouldn't allow me to do so for some (but not all) because I had already used them in my daily food entries. "Well, duh," I thought, "Of course I've used them! Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered to enter them as Custom Foods!" Oddly, it did allow me to edit most of them, even though I know I had used them previously. Can't figure that one out.

I found that one of my Custom Foods was a double entry, but the "system" wouldn't allow me to delete either one. So, it's just sitting there. I use this food (DaVinci's sf syrups) every day, and going back through every daily list and removing it would have been more trouble than it was worth.

I love MyPLAN, and I thank all of you who work so hard to make it available to us!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 05:53
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Kisal, I take it you found the answer for the first post, but have another problem? I couldn't understand the second post, so if you still have a problem, please explain it in more details. If it doesn't allow you to do something, post any error messages or what action was taken.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 05:04
Never Give Up!

BF:

As I was editing my Custom Foods to add the sodium counts, when I clicked on "Replace Custom Item," a little Information Box popped up on my screen advising me that, in order to edit the Custom Food I had just tried to edit, I would first have to go back and delete it from where I had used it in my daily food entries.

Since I have been using MyPLAN every day for 4 or 5 months, that meant I would have to go back through all of those months and look at every food I had eaten on each day. Then, wherever I found the Custom Food I was trying to edit, I would have to remove it from the foods I had eaten that day. Only then could I go back and click on "Replace Custom Item" and have it be accepted.

I actually searched out 2 of my Custom Foods in order to delete them from the days I had eaten them. It was a major chore! Some of the Custom Foods I was able to edit without having to search them out and remove them. I don't understand why, because I only create Custom Foods when I first need to add them to the list of foods I ate on that day.

I never create Custom Foods in advance, intending to use them later. For that reason, I know that all of my Custom Foods have already been included in at least one day's food entry. And yet, for some foods, that little Information Box did not pop up, and my edit was accepted immediately.

I like being able to go back and look at what I ate each day. If I were to hit another stall, knowing what I had been eating a lot of could help me identify the reason for the stall. I lose that capability if I have to go back and delete foods, because my records then become incomplete and inaccurate.

I discovered that I had a duplicate entry for one of the foods on my Custom Foods list. I had entered DaVinci Sugar-Free Syrup twice. I was unable to delete either one of them. I use these syrups every day, and I always select it from my "Favorites" list that appears immediately below the list of foods I eaten for that day on the Daily Entry page. I don't know why I wasn't able to just delete one or the other of the DaVinci Syrup entries, but I couldn't.

Because we aren't able to have multlple pages for Favorites, multiple pages for Custom Foods, etc., I'd like to keep my entries in each category to as few as possible. The main thing I would like to see, though, would be the ability to edit Custom Foods without first having to go back through several months of daily entries on a "search and destroy" mission to delete each use of the item.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 05:21
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

That sounds like a bug. Deleting custom items already in use requires deleting them from daily log first. But editing them should not require that. I'll add it to the bugs list.

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 23:10
Never Give Up!

BF:

Wow! I had no idea it might be something like that! Thanks for your help!