Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 14:54

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Thumbs up thebigmans moves and shakes

Well here I go,

Another journal another commitment, I seem to spend my days posting in forums, but without the support, routine and discipline of keeping a record I would have not got this far.

I started back to the gym 1st March 2003 weight 347lbs. No significant weight loss, just finding my feet.

Started Atkins 1st April 2003.

Today 20th May 2003 I weight 305lbs.

Weight loss = 42 lbs

You can track my progress below in picture link.

Crucial to this progress is my gym activity, with my trainer I have embarked on a challange to loose the first 67lbs through cardio vascular excercise. I aim to loose fat, increase stamina, and lower blood pressure.

In July when I have reached my mini goal of 280lbs I will set out to develop and tone up my muscles to create an sound muscle base and improve my posture, strength and flexability.

Here is my current workout:-

15 mins hilly profile max 5% incline at 3.3miles per hour.
5 mins streatching.
15 mins 14.5mph fatbuster stationary bike level 4.
22.5mins treadmill hilly profile max 6% incline at 3.2 mph
5 mins cool down 3 mph
5 mins streaches.
(20 mins walk home)

I hope to attend the gym every second day, 4 days one week and 3 days the next.

I hope to update this page weekly and will have much more to contribute once I reach my goal of 280lbs and begin weight training.

I totally believe in cardio for weight loss, and weights added later often at the point where weight loss is slowing down in order to stimulate the body to continue to loose and later help the body to maintain the weight loss through excercise and maintanence.

I am really interested in a BFL type plan and I hope to pick up more info by visiting your journals, I am looking forward to starting weights, but just for now I will make do with cardio untill I reach 280lbs anyway I only have 25 lbs to go!!!

Hope if you are reading this that you have a great week and keep up the good work.

Graeme aka thebigman.

Last edited by thebigman : Wed, May-21-03 at 03:04.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 16:38

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Thumbs up On Track.

Hi Journal,

Well on track, 3 sessions this week, still need to get more of a routine . I can really notice an improvement in stamina and endurance, pushing levels up for percentage of time, in respects of both incline and speed.

I have began eating some Pistachio nuts before and then as a snack on completion, they seen to help be an effective source of nutrition, helping to provide a solution to that post excercise energy dip. Great till I get home.

I need to ensure I am drinking more water, over the past few weeks I no longer have a sports cap bottle constantly around me, I need to get back into that habit.

Thats all for now!!

Last edited by thebigman : Sat, May-24-03 at 16:41.