Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-10, 22:15

Plan: Meats & Veggies
Stats: 255/167/160 Female 66 inches
BF:??/36%/25%
Progress: 93%
Default 1.5 weeks of eating like junk = detox time?

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised? But, I have an anxiety disorder [which is exacerbated by eating poorly, go figure!] so what the heck.

Yesterday afternoon, I started having pains in my lower right abdomen. On and off, a few times per day. First thought, "appendicitis!" and panic attack ensued. OK, I'd be reduced to tears by now were that the case. I think I'm safe.

My grandma has been in the hospital [literal medical mystery, we need Dr. House!], and I pushed diet aside for most of it. First it was a marathon with her in the local hospital, and then it was the drive back and forth from Chicago [about 2.5 - 3.5 hours, depending on traffic]. I'd go close to 48 hours eating nothing but saltines, then gorge myself on whatever take-out my mom and I decided to order before we passed out. During all this, there were several other major stressors, I've been having nightmares and panic attacks every night, succumbed to a sinus infection and lost the ability to cope.

Yesterday was the first day in 9 days that I remembered I needed to eat actual food to not feel run-down and panicky. I didn't eat OP, but I did avoid processed food [read: sushi instead of pizza, homemade potatoes and eggs instead of a McMuffin]. I've been good for the last 36 hours.

MY STOMACH IS A MESS. I'm gassy, bloated [ironically, I managed to lose a few pounds, yet none of my clothes fit anymore...], urinating at least once an hour and in general uncomfortable. The pain is on again/off again, moves around my abdomen and I just feel like I'm in a terrible fog.

Am I detoxing? Is my body rebelling against the pain and agony I've put it through for a week and a half and pushing all the nasties out? How long will this last? I really hope this is it, because if this keeps up I'll need to see a doctor, which, after the last week, may induce a nervous breakdown.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-10, 23:28

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 254/222/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Sounds like it to me...my body always revolts against me after several off plan meals (it usually takes me 3 days to get my act together once I've given in to the frenzy).

After the 3rd day, I feel MUCH better...and I also have hieghtened anxiety when I've intoxicated myself with grains and processed CRAP. Every little ailment is life threatening it seems. I am MUCH more chill on meat and veggies only.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-10, 08:31

Plan: Meats & Veggies
Stats: 255/167/160 Female 66 inches
BF:??/36%/25%
Progress: 93%

Thanks, Coconutz. It's good to know that others experienced carb-induced hypochondria. ;-) I'll keep at it, and hopefully it will clear up. Grandma is still in the hospital, but I think with some planning I can avoid major badness.

I woke up this morning feeling much better. When I posted last night, I was wandering around the house with the jitters. I just couldn't relax to go to bed. Shortly after, my body gave up and I slept for about 9 hours. Yay!

Unfortunately, the stomach pain showed up again for a few seconds this morning. Maybe that was the last of it.