Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-07, 11:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default My P.L.A.N. vs FitDay

I've been tracking my food intake on FitDay since I started LC. It's certainly not perfect, so I'm investigating My P.L.A.N. instead.

I like the way myplan lets me input stuff for specific meals and snacks, rather than just daily totals

I like the way myplan keeps track of a lot more nutrients (such as caffeine) than FitDay.

I like the fact that I can put in ingredients and let the computer do the per-serving calculations, even though I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. In fact, this is the feature that led me to seek out alternatives to FitDay.

But I miss being able to click on "nutrient report" and see how close I am to the DV for each nutrient at a glance. Sure, the DV may not be the most accurate measure of how much of each nutrient we need, but it's still a quick way to know if I'm close to getting a balanced diet, or if I need to make different food choices to emphasize different nutrients.

It also threw me for a loop when I got the "server is too busy" message when I was trying to input the rest of breakfast. Is this site too unreliable?

Should I just stick to FitDay since there's no learning curve (I already know how to use it) and not waste time learning new ways to track my food intake?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-07, 13:56
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Thanks for the feedback.

As to DV%, it has been suggested, and maybe added in the future with customization to allow for different DV% (it differs per country, so might as well let each person decide their own requirements).

As to reliability, we don't have the resources of commercial websites, think of MyPLAN as someone's (moi) hobby to improve when I have some spare time. Not telling you to go away just being honest about what to expect and when.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-07, 14:32

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

I really like MyPlan.

It's here, it's easy, and I look forward to using it daily. Thanks for providing it!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-07, 20:25

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
As to DV%, it has been suggested, and maybe added in the future with customization to allow for different DV% (it differs per country, so might as well let each person decide their own requirements).
I love this idea!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-07, 09:48

Plan: sb / atkins / m&e
Stats: 250.4/214/165 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

"I like the fact that I can put in ingredients and let the computer do the per-serving calculations, even though I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet"

ok so I dont know how to do this either when i enter all the ingredients in the bulk entry I use mutiple meal option but no what how do i get it to calculate per serving???
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-07, 10:16
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

The "per serving" is done for recipes. But items and bulk items can still be "portioned" by changing the value in the amount box.

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-07, 15:40
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I love My P.L.A.N. I think it's wonderful, far better than Fitday! It takes a while to learn all the ins and outs of it, but the forum is always here to help when you have a question. That's possibly the main thing that won me over.

Thank you for pursuing this hobby, Wa'il!