Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 06:56

Plan: SB
Stats: 205/176/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 53%

OK, Jas....I'm in with you!! I was back up to 172 over the weekend but the scales say I'm back to 170 again.....same song - different day!!! I sooo want to see 160, but this ol' body just ain't willin! I told myself that this week, I would get up an hour earlier and walk for an hour before going to work - so far I've done that.....um......0 times!! However, I do walk for about an hour each night.
I know.....I have a pedometer and I'm going to wear it and keep track of my steps...maybe that will motivate me to lose again. My sister & I usually go for a good walk every evening, so I'll start today.
So far today, I've had 2 eggs scrambled with some Tex Mex Cheese and a coffee w/half & half. Lunch is some leftover Thai Chicken w/peanut sauce and maybe some coleslaw. For dinner, I'm making some meatballs with tomato sauce and either broccoli or cauliflower.
Time to head off to work - but I must clip on my pedometer first! Have a great day!
Sue
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 08:40

Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashykathy
Hey Jas - hope it went well at the gym today. It's been so hot for the past week that I haven't even wanted to go walking. Am going tomorrow regardless of heat, rain or hail. I'm going to up my daily dose of chromium and hope it helps with the sugar cravings that I've been hit with lately.

Take care!!

dashykathy

Morning dashykathy......yes, it has been miserably hot....are you close to Edmonton? I live closer to Lloydminster. Today is not bad - breeze feels good! Ummmmmm s0o chromium helps with sugar cravings? I must get some. I also was reading some junk mail that we all get bombarded with in our mail boxes (along with growing the boobs bigger and other parts ) and it talked about Vitamin B6. I used to take Vitamin B50 I think it was called which had all the B family but have not done this for a while. It is supposed to help with depression!! So you going for a walk today? Do you also wear a pedometer?

Morning Teddymom - I too lose the same 5 to 10 lbs. over and over and over! You would think I would have figured it out by now. Something has clicked this time (I was called fat) and I guess it put me in a different frame of mind - good one, I hope. So I did the 10 min. Ab workout this a.m. with DH. My plan is to do this each morning - Slim in 6 series - lunch time do some weights here at work - evening do 1/2 hr. on the treadmill. I also have a bowflex which I will do every second day. Can you say, I have enough exercise equipment - lol - So Teddymom - we can do it!!!! I lost 2 lbs. since yesterday! Should be incentive!

Menu today:
B - piece of ham eaten on the run
S - celery & cheese
L - 3 eggs & salad
S - Probably hamberger & grilled peppers

Happy walking with your pedometer girl!!! Check in later!
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 10:21

BF:

Jas, sounds like between you & me we could open a fitness equipment shop!! I have a manual treadmill, a large fitness ball, ankle weights and lots of videos & DVD's!! The treadmill was a purchase last winter in hopes that I would use it in the evenings while watching TV. It's a tough one to use, but I did use it - but now that it's nice weather to walk outside, that's what I do. I do have an old Tae Bo video that I used to enjoy doing - perhaps I should get that out and do it in the mornings. I remember starting on this weight loss journey by buying the Leslie Sansone walking DVD. I discovered that walking is an easy, enjoyable and cheap exercise for me. Don't have enough money to join a gym (though I think I would love it) so I try and get at least an hour's walk in daily.
Hey, way to go with the 2 lb. loss as well. I'm hoping to see 169 by tomorrow!!
Sue
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 05:54

BF:

Morning, everyone!! It's another beautiful day - gonna be a scorcher too! My pedometer read 11,503 yesterday - not bad, but I can do better today. That's why I'm up early to get in a hour's walk before work (I sit at a desk all day and it's not a whole lot of exercise for my body!).
Here's my menu for today:
B - 2 eggs scrambled w/cheese; coffee w/cream
L - 5 meatballs with LC tomato sauce
D - more meatballs & sauce; salad
Lots of water!!

Sue
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 08:43

BF:
Progress:

Morning Sue. LOL on exercise equipment. I also have an exercise ball, some resistance bands that we had to buy for the Slim In 6 series which by the way we don't do any more except for the AB workout - the rest is a lot of jumping and it hurts my neck! Someday, I hope to get strong enough to use it! So then there is the thigh master from way back - yes I am dating myself - remember I am 53!! When I was cleaning the basement, I also found this weird looking contraption that I don't know how to use - probably the instructions were left behind in the previous marriage - who know? At any rate Sue, I agree we could open our own gym....do you want to? I live only 2 hrs. away from you!!

So did you get under 170? I don't have internet at home so I always have to check in at work - yep, not allowed to but I am pretty much my own boss and I also SIT ALL DAY TOO!! What do you do in the office? I am a secretary or fancy term like Admin Assistant!

Well, I did good yesterday. I actually went home and did 1/2 hr. of walking/jogging on the treadmill, cooked supper, made lunch for DH, was going to weed but after eating we got lazy. This weekend I will have at least 4 hrs. of weeding.....yuck! Do you have a garden Sue?

So, I am down another lb. - scale read 132 this a.m. but that is about 5 lbs. lighter than the nurses' office.

Todays menu will be piece of chese and celery, a hamburger patty, 2 eggs with salad and for supper I am meeting my son in Lloyd at Tony Romas so of course it will be RIBS!!

Sue, it is supposed to get to 27 today - now that is hot!

Where is dashykathy today? There is another Canadian thread on another BB that I belong to. I wonder if we should go join that one - their members are dwindling too. I just joined it a while back. I will post a link to it: It is called Canada Thread - August 1 - they post a weekly thread. Let me know what you guys think!! bbl

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/s...ad.php?t=367844

Forgot to add - WTG Sue on your walking. I am thinking of getting a pedometer just to see how many steps I do walk!! How much are they?
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 10:36

BF:

Hi, Jas I work in a communications office - we install nurse call systems, intercoms, data cabling, security, etc. I am the office administrator - in short, that means that I do everything!! I'm the only female amongst about 15 males (what fun, eh?? NOT!!) Sometimes I feel like a glorified den mother

I didn't make it down to 169 this morning, but my fingers are crossed for tomorrow's weigh in! With 2 hours of walking today, that should account for something, eh?? All that exercise and nothing to show for it will make Sue a cranky girl!

I live in condo, so my gardening is limited. I do have lots of flowers and love to garden - I'm usually out watering or weeding every other night or 2. I don't have to cut the lawn anymore because they have a company that comes & does it - that's where part of the condo fees go to.

It's become very hot here in our fair province, eh?? There's the annual Cariwest Festival this weekend - I think my sis & I will check it out - all those colorful costumes and steel bands - it's hard to stand still when I hear them!! But this weekend, I'm going to take along my sun screen - didn't last weekend and paid the price......ouch!!

As for the pedometers, you can pick them up all over the place and the prices range from about $12.00 all the way up to $40 +. I believe I got mine at Canadian Tire, but I know they also sell them at Walmart and at any of the fitness/sports places (like the Running Room). Mine is called Life Gear.

Sue
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 08:43

BF:
Progress:

Morning Sue. I was bad last night in the sense that I had a few drinks.....but food wise I was legal. The weight stayed the same but then I could be dehydrated.

My mom lives in a condo in the Millwoods area. This year they did her windows & doors - looks pretty cool. One hates to pay the condo fees but they do come in handy. So how many kids do you have?

Had a wonderful time with DS yesterday - hard to imagine, he is 25 and 6:2" tall and a beanpole. His girlfriend (for now) is merely a 5:3 or 4 and might weigh 110 lbs. They look cute together.

Did you check out the other thread - what do you think?

Have we lost dashykathy as well?
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 09:05

BF:

Morning, Jas! This is gonna sound weird - they just replaced the windows & front door in my condo complex! Colony Key is the name of the complex where I live - is that the same as your mom??

Anyway, don't be hard on yourself about last night - we all need a drink (or 2 or 3!) every now & then! Lord knows, I've had my share!!

I have 2 sons, aged 29 & 26 - both are married and I have 1 grandson who just turned 4 last month. My oldest son lives here in the west end of Edmonton and my younger son (& grandson) lives at Hubbles Lake (just west of Stony Plain). I love that they're close - gives me more time to spoil my grandson!!

I stepped on the scales this morning and I'm finally down to 169!! I'm going to behave this weekend and get in lots of walking as well. My pedometer last night read 18,722 which is what I'd like it to read every night! Didn't get up early enough this morning to get my walk in, so I'll have to wait until after work tonight.

Haven't had a chance to check out that other site - maybe later this afternoon.

Dashykathy.....where are you??!!

Sue
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 19:17
Registered Member

Plan: ---
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress:

I'm here, I'm here. Been so busy this week. My hubby does renovations on his off time and I've been helping him this week after work. It's so hot here that it's hard to even breath - I much prefer the winter. Those pedometer things sound great - going to pick one up at Wal-Mart this week. Like everyone else, my job involves a lot of sitting but I need to make more effort to walk. To use the washroom at work, I always walk up to the one on the floor above us - and with all the water consumption it can be a lot of trips in one day Tonight I'll check out that other thread you posted. I used to live in Mill Woods - it's so pretty there and I sure do miss living in Edmonton. Moved from there to Grande Cache for a job. Then deployed from that jail to Innisfail so I could work in the Bowden Penitentiary. DH is a smaller town kind of guy so this suits him fine. Got all the house work done today after work so the weekend is looking free. That means I can read and post lots Hope everyone has a great weekend - take care!!!!

dashykathy
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-05, 07:20

BF:

Morning everyone! It's going to be a beautiful, warm weekend and my plans are to gets lots of exercise in plus some R&R as well!! My pedometer reading from yesterday was quite pathetic - 5957 - because I didn't get in much of a walk all day. However, I'm going to make up for that this weekend. Here's my plan so far:
Going to the mall this morning with my sister so she can buy a new washing machine (her's crapped out yesterday!) and we'll either walk for an hour at the mall or go for a walk outside. Then it's off to St. Albert to drop off some items for an auction (gives me a little extra spending money at the end of the month!). We'll do the Farmer's Market out there (it's huge!) and then we're heading to downtown Edmonton to take in the Cariwest Festival and more walking. Home for supper and then another walk (possibly). Not sure what's planned for tomorrow - maybe I should stay home and clean my house!!

So, what's everyone else doing today? Whatever it is - enjoy!!!

Sue
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-05, 18:08
Registered Member

Plan: ---
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress:

Well, so much for having the weekend to read and post Our anniversary is next weekend but we are both working so yesterday DH wanted to go to Red Deer to 'do some shopping.' Ended up buying a new frontroom suite and a big new flat screen tv. Then we went out for supper - steak sandwich sans the toast/potato. Substituted extra salad for the forbidden items and proceeded to enjoy the meal. He surprised me with a family ring which - I've wanted one for quite a while now. Anyway, to make a long story short - there was no time to read/post as much as I wanted to. Can't post tomorrow but Tues/Wed are looking good. I checked out that other web site and the people sure do seem to be nice and friendly.

Sue - I hope you had a great weekend

Jas - I hope you had a great weekend too!

Take care everyone and have a great Monday - now isn't that an oxymoron

dashykathy
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 08:25

BF:

Happy Anniversary, dashykathy!! How many years for you & DH? Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Good for you on passing on the toast & potato!!

I had a very busy weekend (as usual) and got in lots of walking too. Then was up bright & early this AM and walked for 45 minutes before coming in to work. If the weather holds, I'll get in another walk this evening as well. I would dearly love to be down to 165 by the end of this month.

Enjoy the day!!

Sue
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 10:21

BF:
Progress:

Morning ladies.

Sue, I cannot believe it - mom lives in Colony Key - God, what are the chances of that!!! She lives in the corner lot, the one that has tons of flowers on the side. I cannot recall the number of it but it is close to Michael who looks after the place. What a small world. I think we are going to have to meet one day. I come to Edmonton about once a month.

Awesome on getting down to 169! I worked really hard this weekend - yard work & house work but I also was not legal so I had a weight gain

Back on plan today!

Dashykathy - glad to hear from you. Flat screen sounds great. Mom has a 52" and it is like siting in the theatre! Happy Anniversary! Looks like you have willpower - more than I can say for me. As it happened, a daughter of a friend is working in town and came over for an Indian meal - so of course, I cooked all the foods that had tons of carbs! So are you a guard? Wow - what is it like to work in a penitentiary?
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 12:53

BF:

Small world, eh Jas?? Who'd a thunk that we're almost neighbors!!! I live in the end unit by the garbage shed! And my sister just bought a unit in the same complex as well. Pretty neat!! We should definitely schedule a meeting!!

We just had a huge thunder storm roll through here - with hail - but it's clearing off again already! Hopefully, this won't be the end of our nice, hot weather - my flowers were just getting used to it!!

Sue
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 08:17

BF:
Progress:

Yes we will Sue!!!! OMG hail? We didn't get too much of rain - sure could use some.

I am off to interviews. Morning DashyKathy

bbl