Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 15:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/198.7/160 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 21%

Went to the mall today to buy a nonstick pan, plan was to buy one within a reasonable price. Well, Macy's had a clearance table and I bough a 12" omelet pan on sale for $20.99. Great deal. Thanks for all your info. I will update all on whether this was a "better" pan than others I have tried, as it may be user error. Hahaha
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 17:23
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%

I have a microwave omelet pan as well- haven't used it for ages- may have to drag it out and use it again. Lovimylife- is there a difference in an omelet pan as opposed to a regular skillet? I am not always up on different pan styles/versions.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 21:42
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I got some of the lodge pre seasoned pans too and I had to reseason them. I do love it though. I am also a huge fan of Staub enameled cast iron and Amazon sometimes has sales where you can get them at GREAT prices!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 01:33
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by suze_c
is there a difference in an omelet pan as opposed to a regular skillet? I am not always up on different pan styles/versions.
Omelet pans (aka saute pans) have curved sides, whereas skillet (aka frying pans) have straight sides that slant out at a slight angle.

The curved sides of the omelet/saute pan make it easier for the chef to stir or turn the food being cooked by just using a flick of the wrist to flip it. Food cooked in skillets/frying pans is normally turned over with the use of a spatula.

At least that's my understanding of the whole thing!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 06:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

i usaually use any pan i can find and use pam cooking spray and cook my eggs on low to medium andi have less clean up time. sue
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 06:40

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymagoo
i usaually use any pan i can find and use pam cooking spray and cook my eggs on low to medium andi have less clean up time. sue

Same here. Good ol' Pam.

I did hear the other day from someone whose sister works for Dupont that if their Teflon pans get a scratch, they toss them...

What do they know? so, it's fine to use them, but if they get a scratch... oh boy...