Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 12:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 120/125/95 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: -20%
Default fitness for life log

hi everyone. well, i have a journal but i guess i am starting a gym log now too! hehe. the reason being is that recently i totally fell off the low carb wagon and have gotten extremely lazy about going to the gym. something in me lost motivation completely. then, yesterday- it was if a dark cloud was lifted and now i am back on track! so, i decided that i would start a gym log to motivate myself as well as hold myself a little accountable. i want to be fit. i want to be healthy. but most importantly, i want to be proud of myself =)

i guess this is just an intro- tomorrow will be DAY ONE! i'm finally getting excited about getting back to the gym =)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 20:02
Registered Member

Stats: 146/134/125 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Hey, don't worry....

Hey, you sound exactly like me! I was doing so well low carbing and one day I decided to eat everything in site... wow I felt like crap and I said I would get back on low carb the next day. Ya right... It continued for over 2 weeks and I gained even more weight back. But I am back now and I have finished induction (oct 5) but I am still following it until my weight drops some more. Keep at it, the weight will come off
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 08:27

BF:

i actually made it to the gym yesterday! yippee. it wasn't aerobics but instead a short strength class. it felt good to get back. i am going to an aerobics class today after work. i'm not too great about the machines- i usually just take aerobics courses. i used to beat myself up for not doing more in the gym, but at least i'm doing something and that's something to be proud of!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 14:39

BF:

went to the gym on friday, saturday and today! woo hoo. they were light aerobics classes, my usual workouts, so it was nice. i'm just glad to be back in the swing of things. i also did some light weights on saturday after the aerobics class. hopefully this gym thing will still continue strong. i just have to remind myself that everytime i feel like i'm dragging or just plain sick of the gym, to take a day off. right now i'm doing 6-7 days a week..
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 21:21

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

sati, hey i'm glad you're back to working out. i don't know about you but my involvement in gym workout correlates with how well i am doing foodwise. when i exercise, i am usually very good with keeping food under control. it's like this.. if you work out for an hour and burn off 400 calories, you're a bit more careful about not blowing off those 400 calories inhaling some food you know? it's so easy to take in those calories but so hard to expend them
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 13:41

BF:

happy tuesday..or i hope it will be. i went to my aerobics class yesterday after work. it wasn't a great workout because we were learning choreography but i can tell that once we get the hang of things it will be a really fun class. i love complicated choreography! anyways, i hope i can make it to this evenings class as well. i'm not sure because i'm in a different office for work so it will be tight to make it back to my gym in time. i used to get so STRESSED out if i didn't go to the gym, but now i'm just learning to take it easy. if i make it, great- if not, that's okay. (but i really do hope i make it tonite!) hehe.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 14:41

BF:

went to the gym yesterday- unfortunately my aerobics class was full so i had to settle and do weights. treadmill for just 10 minutes and abs for 15. i'm going to the gym tonite- think i will do some weights and then an aerobics class.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 09:10

BF:

went to my step interval class yesterday but didn't really get a great work out due to my tummy ache. at least i did make it to the gym though. didn't manage to do weights =( oh well.

i hope i make it to tonites class- its a short strength one so should be good.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 18:44

BF:

yipee- made it to my strength class..although BARELY. it was worth it. i love my instructor- she's so funny and great. there should be more like her out there. i'm going to have dinner and then maybe go for a walk =)
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 08:34

BF:

went to friday step and saturday morning step as well =) unfortunately, skipped out on sunday due to the fact that i slipped on my step saturday and landed really really hard on my tailbone. i was in a world of hurt. its much better now so i won't have to see a doctor...whoo hoo!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 20:35

BF:

did aerobics tonite- my tailbone still hurts like a mofo! darnit..it really dampers my workout. i think i will have to miss my thursday class (its a strength class) cuz squats and stuff kill me right now. i really like that strength class too =( sigh..i hope it hurries up and heals! exercise is probably not helping the process but its not like i'm doing terribly strenuous things you know? only time will tell......
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 21:59

BF:

i was doubtful i would make it to step tonite because i kinda didn't feel like it but i made myself anyway- i'm always glad i go afterwards =) i did mild effort because my tailbone is still so sore. i'm not sure if its a real brite idea to keep continuing to exercise on it but shoot- i'm not doing anything nutty or super strenous. i just want it to hurry and heal so i can get back to doing step with a bit more vigor and also begin running once again..
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 20:11

BF:

darn- no gym tonite.. i was trying to decide what to do since i could go to the gym but 1) i'm lazy and 2) i really want my tailbone to heal...especially for tomorrow's strength class that i really wanna go to. cross your fingers!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 19:18

BF:

did my strength class today but wasn't full into it because of the injury. it is getting better though. i just hope by this weekend i'll be ready to tackle a better week at the gym!!!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 09:26

BF:

took a nap on friday instead of heading to the gym. i felt guilty but i was lazy. lazy won out =) did some light exercises saturday and sunday though...it was nice. i think i will go to aerobics today- i like the class, the choreography is fun. my tailbone still hurts though =( improving, but hurts..