Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 19:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/175/170 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Oregano Oil

Those of you who use oregano oil and have had success with it, how many drops per day did you take? The stuff i bought says 4 drops in a serving but doesnt say how much to take daily. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 01:18
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Two drops in the morning and two in the afternoon.

I put mine in water cause it burns and tingles my tongue so bad if I put it straight in my mouth with the dropper.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 08:10

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I started taking it yesterday and took 5 drops in the day with water and at night another 5 drops (it has cough suppressing properties and so far seems to work!!) so I wouldn't hack and choke all night.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 15:05

Stats: 248/243/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 7%

I started today with 3 drops in the AM and 3 at lunch. I put the drops in capsules so I wouldn't have to taste it.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 15:52
Registered Member

BF:

Putting the drops in capsules seems like a very good idea! I never thought of it, unfortunately i reacted badly to the oregano oil as oregano is an allergy of mine, thanks for all the info!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 17:18

Stats: 248/243/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 7%

Coconut oil is supposed to have some of the same qualities as far as antifungals. (At least my bottle says so.)
GNC carries them in capsule form.

Maybe you could try that!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 05:39
Registered Member

Stats: 168/153/140 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Have you ever tried....

Have you ever tried Threelac? I had candida for a long time and it seemed to me that oil of oregano just didn't seem to do that trick. When I first seen Threelac I thought good grief it was expensive. But to me there is no price tag greater than my health and my happiness. So I decided to try it and there is no real specific diet for it...but since I had already cut out my sugars for my diet I knew that would help me in the long run. It worked it really worked....Now my husband has been on this product for awhile now that we are both on it...It has made a huge difference.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-05, 10:00
Registered Member

BF:

I have not tried threelac but i have tried a product similar to it and it worked good for me. My problem is that i am SUPER sensitive to all medications. When i take an antifungal i cant take much or i get super fatigued for up to 4 days after, the antifungals work but i have to take them in small doses which is frustrating because it is a slow process for me.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 05:59
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Threelac

Dave, I totally understand your point about the anti-fungals.. I wouldn't put Threelac in a class with anti-fungals. I would say probiotic. Threelac helps your intestinal tract (where candida lives) and then the Oxygen Elements helps the rest of the body. I don't know how to describe it but I can say this. Candida didn't just develop overnight (I know from total experience) and it won't leave overnight. It will take time but in the long run you will feel better and look better. Donna Jo
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 07:04
Registered Member

BF:

i also noticed that when i use a natural antifungal or anything natural to kill yeast that for about a week after my body feels drained, im more tired, i have headaches and i cant seem to lose weight. After i have been off of them for a while my body returns back to normal operation and i feel better. All of this is caused by a small amount of antifungals. I have been battling this aggressively since february this year and i am still being surprised by unexpected things. I did look into threelac in the past but i could not fit it into my budget at the time, i did however find a bacteria based antifungal very similar to it that works well.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 07:00
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Oil of Oregano

Dave, I think what is happening when you have the week of feeling drained, that is called die-off. I had that when i first started taking Threelac. I felt real sluggish, drained, flu like....but I found out i was having candida die-off. I was killing the candida little by little and as long as I kept taking the Threelac. You will also need the Oxygen Elements and the Active Enzymes. This will help with the die-off and aid in you getting better. One more thing. I think the oil of oregano doesn't have the properties to actually get rid of the candida or to maintain your system once you get over the huge hump.

Last edited by doreen T : Sat, Jul-30-05 at 07:56. Reason: Please, no promotional advertising, per forum rules.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-05, 20:48

Plan: various
Stats: -/-/- Female 65
BF:
Progress:

I'm taking three lac I just started it ..how many times a day did you take it ....
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 02:06

Stats: 299.5/262/185 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

3 capsules in the am then 3 more after dinner.

I work in a woodworking shop and have had chronic runny nose for the last 4 years. It's practically gone now.

I have not lost any more weight on it.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 04:12

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

This is something I have noticed when talking of die-off or healing crisis from candida, no one mentions taking activated charcol or a detoxification homeopathic. They work (they even help when you have the regular flu or other virus) ... they, alone or together, ease the symptoms considerably. Just remember with the charcol, you don't want to take it with your other supplements, so it doesn't absorb the nutrients and the homeopathic you want to take apart from caffeine and essential oils. Anyway ... just my two cents worth.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-25-05, 02:26

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 204/195/160 Male 5 feet 6 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Not sure about Threelac

I have been taking Threelac and Oxygen Element for over a month. I do not feel any difference. Before Threelac, I was taking probiotics and felt better.
Currently, I am taking "black walnut," "oregano oil," garlic capsules.
For those who feel that Threelac is a god sent, how long have you been taking it?
How long do you suggest one shall take it?
and, has any tried other herds or medications besides Threelac or pro biotics?