Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 06:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 339.8/272.6/200 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Food tracking

Does anyone know of any food tracking software that runs on Windows PCs? I used to use Fit Day but they no longer have food tracking capabilities. I have also used My Fitness Pal but that is now only IOS or android.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 06:54

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Cronometer has a web version. Here is the Quick Start Guide to it. Great Support. Best if interested in Nutrition, not only Macros.

https://support.cronometer.com/hc/e...ick-Start-Guide

I use it both on my iPad and Desktop. Free version covers all the usual as with other trackers, Gold gives you more reports on nutrition,

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Feb-04-23 at 03:06.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 06:58
Registered Member

BF:

JEY100 -
Thanks. I will check it out.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-23, 02:49
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

This might help you, KDC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanders101 at the fitday forum
Log into Fitday like you usually do on your computer and then type in "www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLog.html". Your food log and history should appear. I have been able to access my food log and continue adding to it. Only trick is I have to login first and then i click my bookmarked foodlog. Someone else in another forum here posted it, which is how i found out. I too was devastated as I don't like any other other apps out there and i prefer the desktop version.

I tried it and it worked for me.

I purchased FitdayPC in '04 or '05 when it came out, and I still use it! It's a shame they abandoned the project and never fixed the bugs. We had a multi-page thread here of all of minor Fitday problems... but I still like it way better than other trackers. It's pretty powerful.

I had a free trial of MFP premium and I hated it. I liked the idea of the UPC code scanner, but execution didn't actually pan out - tons of junk/wrong entries from other users. I can't believe they were charging what they were charging, to spam me with crap clickbait articles and constantly trying to Engage me. Couldn't cancel that fast enough.

Last edited by Kristine : Sat, Feb-04-23 at 02:58.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-23, 07:15
Registered Member

BF:

Kristine -
Thank you for your response. It was so long ago when I purchased Fitday that it came on a floppy disc. When they switched to an online version, I never signed up for it,Several new PCs later, my version became obsolete probably when PCs went from 32 bit to 64 bit.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-04-23, 23:20

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.8/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

I have used Perfect Diet Tracker for over 15 years, maybe more. Mac or PC. and works great. It's pretty simple. I like that I can easily add my own products to the database.

https://perfectdiettracker.com