Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-17, 20:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/211/160 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Can someone recommend a site to buy lc baked goods??

Is there a site anyone can recommend to buy low carb baked goods? I give up trying to make a good low carb pancake/bread/brownie/cake etc... Id just rather fork over the money and get it online. Is there a place like this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-17, 21:17
Registered Member

BF:

I found this site so far has a huge selection but the one thing i wanted is pickup only. The chocolate cake.

https://sugarlessdelite.com/
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-17, 21:54

Plan: don't know!
Stats: 150/150/115
BF:
Progress: 0%

linda's diet delites is my go-to shop....
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-17, 22:07
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgirl2
linda's diet delites is my go-to shop....

Nice I just found it. What do you recommend from there?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-17, 22:19

Plan: don't know!
Stats: 150/150/115
BF:
Progress: 0%

I usually order the Thinslim Cinnamon bagels (though they may not fit the standard definition of bagels!) and brownies...and cookies. But they have lots of great products...most of them have reviews (and they do have pancakes!). Hope it works out for you!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-17, 14:19

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Hi ImAllLike,
I just saw your question on another thread about what to do to speed weight loss. The #1 thing would be to Eat Real Food! That is no Fake breads, chocolate cakes or anything else remotely like it.

Here's a good answer why and a top tip for Weight Loss, with graphics and links to stories about these type products.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-l...ht-part-3-of-17

Quote:
Do you want to lose weight? Here’s part 3 of a 17-part series of blog posts. You can read all the posted tips on the How to Lose Weight-page.

The first and most important advice was to choose a low carb diet. The second to eat when hungry. Here’s #3:

3. Eat Real Food
Another common mistake when eating a low carb diet is getting fooled by the creative marketing of special “low carb” products. Remember: An effective low carb diet for weight loss should be based on real food, like this: (Must see photos on LINK)

Real food is what humans have been eating for thousands or (even better) millions of years, e.g. meat, fish, vegetables, eggs, butter, olive oil, nuts etc.

If you want to lose weight you’d better avoid special “low carb” products that are full of carbs. This should be obvious but creative marketers are doing all they can to fool you (and get your money). They will tell you that you can eat cookies, pasta, ice cream, bread and plenty of chocolate on a low carb diet, as long as you buy their brand. They’re full of it. Don’t be fooled.

Here are three examples of what to avoid:

Atkins’ Fairy Tale Cookies
Julian Bakery’s High Carb Low Carb Bread
The Dreamfields Pasta Fraud
These three companies are not unique. There are thousands of similar companies trying to trick you into buying their “low carb” junk food, full of starch, sugar alcohols, flour, sweeteners and strange additives. Two simple rules to avoid this junk:

Don’t eat “low carb” versions of high carb stuff, like cookies, bars, chocolate, bread, pasta or ice cream – unless you are SURE of the ingredients (perhaps by making it yourself).
Avoid products with the words “net carbs” on them. That’s usually just a way to fool you.
Focus on eating good quality, minimally processed real food. Ideally the food you buy shouldn’t even have a list of ingredients (or it should be very short).

More
Read all posted tips on the How to Lose Weight-page.

Read all the links and tips on this website before ordering such products.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-17, 09:09
Registered Member

BF:

Hmmm well it looks like I won't be ordering any lc products online.
One last question I have is I found this bbq sauce called george hughes sugar free bbq sauce that tastes really good.

Heres the ingredients: Crushed Tomatoes (Water, Crushed Tomatoes), Cider Vinegar, White Vinegar, Modified Cornstarch, Salt, Dehydrated Onion, Caramel Color, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Spices, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, Hickory Smoke, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose.

Is there anything in there that would make it a big no no for induction? If so is there any recipe for a general sauce I could make that I could eat with every meal? I'm fine with eating meat veggies and butter but some kind of sauce would just make it so much more fulfilling and satisfying. Thanks.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-17, 13:02

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Since I burst your bubble about those fake LC breads and cakes, will give this product an OK. it's got artificial sweeteners and modified cornstarch to thicken, both have a possibility to raise insulin, but you are not going to eat it by the cup. Measure and Count the 2g per 2 Tablespoons and enjoy...those flavors made by this company look quite tasty. I make pork roast in a crockpot by adding a jar of green salsa, this sauce should work as well too.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-17, 13:48
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Since I burst your bubble about those fake LC breads and cakes, will give this product an OK. it's got artificial sweeteners and modified cornstarch to thicken, both have a possibility to raise insulin, but you are not going to eat it by the cup. Measure and Count the 2g per 2 Tablespoons and enjoy...those flavors made by this company look quite tasty. I make pork roast in a crockpot by adding a jar of green salsa, this sauce should work as well too.

Awesome thanks so much.