Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-04, 03:30

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 231/202/154 Female 5ft 4inches
BF:37%/34.1%/25%
Progress: 38%
Red face christmas challange

Hi everyone its been a long time since I was here, I lost 2 stone juring the year and slipped back into my old ways, you know beer, beer and more beer!! oh and lets not forget the late night sandwich's but I have only gained 4lbs when I say only its because I got off lightly after the damage i done, so who's out there for a christmas challange, I still believe I will fit into that little black dress thats going mouldy in my wardrobe
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-04, 06:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/184/161 Female 67ins
BF:
Thumbs up

Hi Glenellen!

Yeah, I'd be very interested in doing a christmas challange with you! I too have a load of clothes, including a little black number that I'm just dying to get back into. I've been low carbing for the last few months now and although I lost 13lbs during induction the scales has only dropped 1lb since.
But I suppose the good thing is that the tape measure is showing great results and I am steadly losing inches!
I have tried a few variations to try and get the scales moving, like raising my fat intake, raising my carb intake but nothing has seemed to work.
I think the next thing I'll try is lowing my calorie intake.
Anyway, as I said, I'd be very interested in the challange, so let me know what you had in mind!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-04, 14:52

Hi nev05 and welcome there does'nt seem to be a rush of people but what the hell, there's time yet! I too lost 13lbs the first 2 weeks, and even if your weight,(on the scales) have not moved, your inches have, so your doing somthing right, so maybe we should weigh-in or measure once a week and a chat in between, im going back on induction, well if you call it induction because im still going to have my glass of wine or 4, and in the mean time I hope a few other people join us
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-04, 15:35
Registered Member

Stats: 260/238/170 Male 69.5
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi Glenellen, Nev05.
Yeah, Myself and my girlfriend would be very interested in doing a christmas challange with you. I've been on atkins since the last week in June and am down 2 stone 1 pound. The last month / 6 weeks have been very slow as have been celebrating different things but I think a Christmas challenge would be great. This sounds great hopefully it will give me the Kickstart i need/want.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-04, 16:06

Hi, david you done a great job with the weight loss, but I think we all need someone to answer to, or we can easily fall of the wagon, Oh! I do know what its like with them party's, I can see it on my hips, so what better way then a challange to get going, Its good to have you aboard is your girlfriend on the atkins too.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 06:53
Registered Member

Stats: 260/238/170 Male 69.5
BF:
Progress: 24%

Yes and No. She hasn't been converted like me but has cut out most carbs. She still takes some fruit like an orange and a yogurt most days but nothing else really apart from that. It makes it a lot easier with her keeping low carb cause there is very little in the apartment to tease.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 15:12

Stats: 193/176/147 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

hi all,
I been watching my carbs for the last 3months, I was doing fine at first, down 15lbs, but now i've been the same weight for the last 4weeks, Any suggestions?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-04, 12:29

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Glenellen,good to talk to you again .I have now been lcing for just over 1 year now ,and have lost about 50lbs .I have given myself 2 years to get to my goal, and I realy do love a challenge, so count me in.I would love to lose 12lbs by christmass.Let me know what day we should all weigh in.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-04, 14:53

welcome all, and nice to have you aboard carmel, what can I say but WOW 50lbs! after such a long time away from LCing im finding it hard to get back into it, but we all need a push. Hi dolles98 you say your the same weight for four weeks, are you losing any inch's? and david I do understand about the fruit or even a yogurt, I do crave for something simple in the mornings but no pain no gain, I think thursday is a good day to weigh in, it leaves the weekend free for any mishaps, and only a few days to makeup for it, so we will have to be careful, so lets start with a weight in on thursday, and there after our weight loss, and good luck to everyone
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 05:44

Stats: 187/166/143 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hey Guys,

count me in too. My goal is to loose 7 kg by X-Mas. I've been stuck for about 2 weeks now (lost during the week, then up again during the weekend ;-(
but its going down again slowly, so I might just make it. Thursday sounds fine for the weigh in.

what about little rewards for weight lost?? I'm also in the Sexy X-Mas Chick Challenge, and for every 5 pounds lost we get to buy sexy undies ;-)

Any suggestions what we might reward ourselves with??

Gagalina
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 14:42

BF:

A reward sounds good but not the sexy undies. I don't think they'd look too good on davidm20.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 06:25

Stats: 187/166/143 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

ok, maybe not sexy undies then ;-)

It should be something not too expensive that is not normally done or bought and is supposed to make us feel good since we lost something...

new socks?? sure to look good on either male or female ;-)

new shoes, clothes, movie, CD, haircut, massage, night out, kitchen appliance, bubble bath....

I dunno, come on people, any other idea's??

Since its Thursday, as suggested by glenellen, its weight in time:

76.3 kg (168.2)

I've set myself loads of little minigoals to keep me in track. So for me its 1.5 kg every two weeks. I didnt get it in the last two weeks, but I had two bad weekends, so not too dissapointed and I revised my goals to reflect this.

Anyway, how is everybody else doing??

Gagalina
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 15:50

BF:

Today I'm 178lbs and I hope to lose about 3lbs every 2weeks until christmas. I'd love to get something new for my christmas party on 10th Dec but I need to cut out the drink until then, only there seems to be something on every weekend. That's always my story!!!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 06:18

Hi everyone, I would be happy with losing a stone by christmas, Im 201 lbs again!! so I have to work really hard, Im tring to do some exercises but due to a car accident some months ago im finding it very diffucult, so I will have to lock myself in and cut all ties with my family so there will be no excuse for partying, but thats easier said then done, I like the idea of a reward, but what I ask myself !
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 06:40

Plan: Protein Power/a la carte!
Stats: -/-/150 Female 66 inches
BF:Yes!
Progress: 49%

Hi All,
As a diabetic, my 'reward' is the lower numbers on my blood glucose meter . My weight has kind of stalled lately - the same 2lbs goes on and off like a yo-yo and the inches that I measure stay the same (maybe my fingers or ankles have slimmed down more, but who gives a d*** about them).
Despite dropping about 4 dress sizes, I am reluctant to spend much on clothes until I 'settle' a bit more.
I think I'll treat myself to some personal care products - like expensive talc, the kind you never buy - or perhaps push the boat out and get a jacuzzi gadget for the bath. If I win the lotto, I'll buy the real thing!
Babs