Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Did you lose weight only with dieting and gluphage?
Are you losing weight partly to get back your menstrual cycle? 5 83.33%
Do you like to excerise? 0 0%
Are you gaining or losing weight? 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-23-06, 01:09

Plan: none
Stats: 146/126/105 Female 61
BF:
Progress:
Default Lose Weight with Only Dieting and Gluphage

Hello I am a new user on this website. I was diagnosed with pcos and diabete at the age of 19. I am now 24 years old. I am taking gluphage 500mg 2x a day for both my diabetes and pcos. Also I have high cholesterol. I think i was diabetic since i was a baby but it was never diagnosed.

Anyway I am trying to lose weight. I'm not really dieting, but I was wondering if I can lose weight with just dieting. I want to lose about 20lbs. I'm 5'1 and 126lbs. I feel fat and I am disgusted with myself I use to be a very skinny girl now I'm a big fat blimp. I try to stay away from carbs, but i eat whole grains and i love to eat fruits. I don't eat junk food. I tried the atkins diet but I can't do it largly due to my high chloestrol. Sometimes I get these intense cravings. I don't understand why this happens. I have to ful fill these cravings with some sort of carb or sugar. Do any of u experience this and how do you control it?

I am from New York City and I am currently not seeing an endo I went to 2 endos and they didn't help me. One of them told me to lose weight, the other just put me on birth control and said my periods will correct itself. I thought to myself that's great I don't have to worry about my periods being irregular. I gained 41lbs and my cholesteral level skyrocketed. I did some research and they said the combo of the gluphogage and dieting my period will return. I self regulate my blood sugar and up dosage. However still no period. At one point I didn't get my period in 4yrs. I recently lost 33lbs but then regained 13lbs I was getting my period regular for 4 months but it was getting lighter and lighter every month. When I was getting my period it was gross it was black, thick clots and I had intense pains. I want to get my period back on track. Every month I do get cramps like I'm going to get my period. But nothing happens. I don't know what's going on.

I was wondering if anyone knows a good endo that is in New York City or in Long Island? It would be deeply appreciated.
Sponsored Links