Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 12:34

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%
Default Trying something new

Well, I've been spinning 2 days a week. Lifting weights 2-3 days a week (depending on the kids schedules). And the eliptical, rowing machine and stair stepper the other day. My weight has remained pretty stable, although I know I'm shrinking. I've bit the bullett and signed up for adult swim lessons 2 days a week. Believe me I could drown in an inch of water. I know swimming isn't the greatest exercise for weight loss, but I'm hoping that the smaller increase in exercise will help to push the scale down some. Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 19:37
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I'm hoping to try a short triathlon this year, so I'm planning to get back to swimming too, I haven't done any real swimming in years. It isn't the best for weight loss, you are right, but it's still good for the cardiovascular system, anyway!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-25-07, 20:03

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I can't swim without my swim-ring. You go girl!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 11:54

I did do the swim lesson thing last night. Surprisingly there was another lady there as well. We had one instructor, but she's going to talk to the aquatic director about bringing on a second instructor as the two of us aren't at the same skill level. I was shocked the other lady couldn't float on either her back or front. I swam, a very ugly, 25 yard freestyl, and a 25 yard backstroke. Oh, and I was down 3 pounds this morning.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-07, 07:22

The YMCA did get each of us ladies our own instructor since there was such a huge difference in our abilities. My son takes lessons from 6:30-7:10. My lesson goes from 7:15-8:00. We ate supper before we went to the Y. I was starving when I got home so I had an ounce of nuts. I was down 0.2 this morning. It sure was hard to get up this morning for weight lifting.