Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: Winging it with IF
Stats: 392/267/185 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default The Home Stretch

When I first joined this forum a few weeks back I thought I had a series of milestones still waiting for me. I've passed many in the last few months -- 25 pounds lost, getting under 300, 50 pounds lost, 100 pounds lost, having my medication reduced twice -- and figured I'd be working on getting under 200, then hitting some goals on my way to 165.5. Last week, though, when I asked my doctor what the ideal weight for someone my height was, he said anything from 185 to 200, but "185 is on the low side, and I wouldn't recommend it..." This confused me because I thought the military wouldn't accept anything over 150 for someone my height, but when I revisited it realized the problem. I'd been reading their reccommendation for someone of 62 inches as their reccommendation for someone who stood at 6 feet 2 inches. Since I stand at 74 inches, the maximum was raised to 211. I'd been judging myself by military standards, figuring them to be the most rigorous, and now it seems I'm a lot closer to the finish line than I thought.

Since I am currently 213.4, I'm only 14 or so pounds from getting under 200. This is my immediate goal, because it might mean I'll get off of my blood pressure medication completely, and it means I'll no longer be considered overweight. Considering I was chubby throughout much of elementary school and outright obese in high school and college, the idea of being at a healthy weight astonishes me. I now weigh less than my best friend from those hold days, who used to be so tally and skinny. My next appointment with the doctor is in July. Although weight loss has gotten slow these past couple of months, I've just discovered the low carb approach and am hoping to expedite matters.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 09:50
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Congratulations! I bet you must feel pretty dang good!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 13:27

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

*internet high-five* Mazel Tov!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 16:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/154/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

What a happy surprise! Keep it up - you're doing GREAT!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: Winging it with IF
Stats: 392/267/185 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Congratulations! I bet you must feel pretty dang good!

Yes, although it's also a little weird. I've been mentally geared up for a challenge that would take another year at the least (I was assuming), and now...now I just have a little bit of belly to take care of, basically. Now the weather's nice, I may take up bike touring..