Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 12:58

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 160/158/135
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Breakfast & Lunch out of house - help pls

Hi. I'm new to SP. Both my husband and I can't eat a full breakfast first thing in the morning - so we like to take something to work with us - to be eaten by about 9 am.

Any suggestions for take-along breakfasts?

Any suggestions for take-along lunch also appreciated (less components than protein & salad & dressing & ....).

Many thanks,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 17:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

There is a thread on breakfasts here that you may want to check out. Some people to toast and cream cheese. I like cottage cheese and berries or sugar free yogurt. Breakfast burrito is easy to go. Lunches tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread, leftovers, quesadillas, chicken salad, etc.

Good Luck,
Piano
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 09:02

Stats: 160/158/135
BF:
Progress: 8%

Many thanks - I'll try and find the breakfast thread. I do find it confusing to know what's SP and what actually conforms to other LC plans. I'm sure experience will help!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 16:23
Registered Member

Plan: Schwartzbein Principle
Stats: 175/157/140
BF:Happily ignorant!
Progress: 51%
Default Welcome!

Welcome Roxy!

Yes, there are other posts where we talked about this but here's what I do. I'm just like you and your husband; I'm not hungry first thing in the morning and besides that, I have no time!

I keep a loaf of Ezekial or whole wheat bread at work and make toast and eat with peanut butter, cream cheese, or at the moment mascarpone cheese (an Italian cream cheese).

So that means I keep a jar of sugar free peanut butter and cream cheese in the fridge at work so they're always there. If I'm just eating the toast and cream cheese and need a protein, I'll bring in a hard boiled egg or a slice of ham to eat with it. Or a couple slices of nitrate free turkey bacon (I wasn't too thrilled with that).

For lunch, I do more of the same, just keep staples in the work refrigerator. I always have a bag of romaine lettuce, string cheese, olives, raw carrots and celery sticks there. Then I'll bring in homemade chicken or tuna salad, or a half a chicken breast and eat it with the salad greens. I also have a small tupperware container of olive oil and balsamic vinegar in the fridge there too in case I need dressing, and recently I brought in a squeeze bottle of mayo. Also, I recently bought a couple small cans of Italian tuna with a lift off tab that I can dump on a salad too, or the new packets of tuna are nice too.

It was annoying to me at first to have to plan so much in advance but now I'm getting the hang of it and it's not so bad!

Do you have a fridge at work? We have a fridge, toaster oven and microwave so it makes it easy. Hope this helps and again, welcome!!! Rose
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 17:00

Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Breakfast & Lunch ideas

In TSP #1 book there is a 30 day meal plan that lists all sorts of breakfast and lunche ideas/suggestions. Also if you go to the top of the page, Karen has recipe sections and there is a breakfast section. I've found good ideas there too.

Good luck.