Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 16:51

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 193/174.5/148 Female 5'3"
BF:yikes
Progress: 41%
Default Bread??

Hello everyone this is my first post in the forum but I have been reading faithfully since I found this site a week ago. You give some amazing advise and support and I'm so glad to have landed here<p>I do have a question..LOL <br>I have not eaten any bread since I began following this WOE except for one slice of toast for breakfast with bacon and eggs . I always ate white bread, but bought the Weight Watchers smart choice 60% whole wheat loaf because it had the fewest carbs (19g in 2 slices) . I'm just wondering if this is a good choice or should I opt for another grain and count for more carbs?<p>so far things are going well, I've lost 5lbs and my jeans are definately looser, and after the headaches finally past I'm begining to feel better <p>Looking forward to posting here <p>Eden
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 16:57

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Eden - Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found us and congratulations on your weight loss (and those loose pants)...

I used the WW wheat bread when I first started out....I stopped because I was happier with fewer carbs and found eating any bread just left me wanting more! I think if you like it and can stop at 2 slices then go for it!

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 22:22

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 315.5/189.8/170 Female 5 ft  8.5 in
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default To Eden M

I have only been LC'ing for 2 1/2 weeks, so I'm no expert, but today I hit the jackpot when I found some low carb bread made by "Food for Life" at Trader Joe's . It has 4 gms of carb per slice, and 1 gm Dietary Fiber, making it only 3 gms of "effective carbohydrate" per slice. It is made from organic ingredients, has a mild flavor and light texture. It was a bit more expensive than regular bread at $3.29 per loaf, but it is moist and resembles traditional bread, just has way less carbs.

So if you have a Trader Joe's where you live, be sure to check it out!

Linda
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 12:38

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thanks for the tip on Trader Joes low carb bread. The least I have found is 8 carbs per slice and this is twice as good as that.
It is a good day to low carb.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 14:30

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 193/174.5/148 Female 5'3"
BF:yikes
Progress: 41%

Thank you all for the response <br> I'm afraid the Weight Watchers is the lowest I could find here, I live in a small town on the east coast where lo-carb is as forign as Mork. My search for the infamous 'pork rind' has left me empty handed as well I have never seen them before, could this be an American thing?<p> So far I have just been trying to avoid sugar and grains, keeping my carbs to about 30-40 a day. Now I just need to get my butt up early enough before work to start exercising