Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 20:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 214/185/114 Female 5 feet
BF:53/48/20
Progress: 29%

Hi, Girls!

I started my fast after lunch today... and am already dreaming about dinner tomorrow evening!!!

I'm pretty sure I can do this... the first few days may be rough, but it's nice to know there's support here... thanks!

Sherry
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 20:16
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Ok... I got a little tip for everyone. If you need to stiffen your resolve, give yourself a psychological boost.

Type in this url: YourName.Youaremighty.com

Replace Yourname with your name. So for me, it'd be Nancy.Youaremighty.com

Enjoy!
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 21:20

Whoaaaaa... that's pretty cool, Nancy!

I think I'm going with the "no drink" til I break the fast... a true fast! I did this when I was young, for religious reasons, and could NOT have ANYthing by mouth... I can do this!

Sherry
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 07:35

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Well, I decided to give the fasting a try. I choose to do it from 7AM til 7AM. That way the last 8 hours of the fast are when I am asleep.

I found that I didn't miss the meals as much as the snacks. I ended up drinking lots of tea and water in place of the snacks.

I'm going to fix a nice big roast for supper this evening.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 09:26
Registered Member

Plan: CRON / Zone
Stats: 118/110/110 Male 5ft 7"
BF:very low
Progress: 100%

How are most of you going to measure success or failure for IF? Blood tests? Feeling better? Decreasing symptoms of pre-existing disease?
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 11:26
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa182
How are most of you going to measure success or failure for IF? Blood tests? Feeling better? Decreasing symptoms of pre-existing disease?

My plan is to see how I feel. Do I have more energy, less brain fog, and less bloating, and am I able to keep my weight in a good range? If I feel better and am able to continue IF, then I will continue for a month and have another blood lipid test done. I just had one done about a month ago, and I am supposed to have the lipid profile test done (the one that tells how much of the different sized lipoproteins). So, I will have that test done after doing IF for one month.
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 11:30
Experimenter

BF:

Whoa, I'm tracking a number of physical symptoms of my autoimmune disease in a journal. That and blood pressure and pulse.

Has anyone noticed they're sleeping really good? Maybe it is just coincidence but I've had a couple of really deep night's of sleep.
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 11:32
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I'm going basically by how I feel, and how my bloating is. I may get my blood checked again as well.

Nancy, I too am wondering about a more varied schedule. Been reading DeVany and while I don't agree with everything he says, I like his points about intermittency and randomness. Going to stick with this schedule though for a couple of weeks.

Second fast day, and feeling fine - no emotional troubles! Heading out to the annual Art Walk in my 'hood. Not obsessed with dinner, and not sure what I'm gonna have yet either though it will likely involve rare steak.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 11:41
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%

I don't know that I've noticed a deeper sleep, but I've certainly gotten up earlier than I usually do for a weekend. Of course I've only done one period of fasting so far. I figure a few more will probably give me a better idea if I am getting better sleep. I also figure it will take about two weeks to really see what physical results I might get.

One thing I am very happy about is that my weight finally dropped back down to my goal weight. I've been battling two-three pounds for a while, all the while feeling bloated. That's gone now. And I am a happy camper, with my weight. I will really be excited if I can keep it at 120 or below for more than a few days at a time. Something I haven't been able to do, since I originally made my goal (about 9 months ago).
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 12:19

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:

Cathy, I've noticed the same thing re: the last 2 or 3 pounds! I've actually only been 133 twice, and I keep jumping up to 135, but on my first fast day I went straight back down to 133 even. I was very happy.

My first fast day went well! I broke it with dinner at a steakhouse, where I had some crab claws, a caprese salad, and a steak the size of my head. I think I was planning on being hungrier than I actually was, and ordered a little too much food.

Yesterday was an eating day, and I went on a 6-mile steep hike with my husband and his friend. All I can say is OUCH! But it really was beautiful (in the "foothills" of Mount Rainier). I had lunch on the trail and a nice dinner where I didn't bother to be low carb because I was so ravenous from hiking. :/ Actually, I was very very surprised at my stamina on this hike. I'm usually an extreme wimp, but for some reason I was able to power on through yesterday. Maybe from my fast the day before?? Anyway, it's too early in the game to attribute anything much to the fasting, I think.

Today is a fasting day. Once I get over the pain in my legs I'll write more! (I had to take 4 ibuprofen last night just to be able to sleep)
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 13:44

Hi, All...

I'm gauging success by how I feel... and my blood sugar readings. I break my fast around six this evening with dinner out. I'll see how I do after one week, and we'll see what happens from there...

Sherry
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: CRON / Zone
Stats: 118/110/110 Male 5ft 7"
BF:very low

I think things start to really change after two weeks.
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 18:30
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Well, I forgot about eating entirely today. I was out with a friend, sat with him while he had a burger, walked around for a few hours...before I knew it, it was 7pm and I hadn't eaten yet. Just ate now, and I couldn't finish. Made steak, organic oven fries, roasted cherry tomatoes. 56g carbs, pretty high for me. I just can't believe I'm not that hungry. This is sooooooo unlike me! I'm a little worried actually, since I've only had 900 cals. Guess things will even theselves out?

I'm keeping track of how I feel in my fitday diary thing.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 20:39
Experimenter

BF:

Similar thing happened to me today. Didn't ever get hungry for lunch. Ended up eating around 3:30 pm. But somehow I also managed to squeeze in a hefty dinner.
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 20:46

Plan: m&e.IF
Stats: 224/214/140 Female 60 in
BF:52%
Progress: 12%

well this is my second fasting day .I did not have any problems but at 6pm I whent and stuffed myself on a ribeye steak i am feeling alittle more energy I am waking up earlier.
Closed Thread