Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-11, 08:33
Registered Member

Plan: Newbie to Paleo!
Stats: 184/184/132 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Moderation.....I keep forgetting!

Okay, so I woke up this am all gung-ho to get started on this new WOE, because I learned a long time ago that low-carb is the way for me, but I LOVE my fruit. It seems worth it to trade dairy for fruit. Plus, I read about it in a weekly woman's magazine and it just makes sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I love milk and all, but I want to try coconut milk instead. I would rather eat a handful of grapes than a piece of cheese anyday.

But to get back to the moderation thing......with my breakfast of a fried egg (in EVOO) and half a grapefruit, I decided to start taking my supplements too. But..........I haven't in a long time, and there are several different things I took, like a MVI, selenium, green tea, my bp meds, fish oil, and COQ10, calcium and guess what? It was too much for my stomach along with the 16 oz of water I drank, and...........it didn't stay down.

I wanted to take the COQ10 and selenium to help with my energy levels....what all should I take? Do I need the calcium? I'm a nurse, so I have an idea, but maybe I should just slowly introduce them one at a time?

I also have the HCG but haven't done too much with it........

Any help would be greatly appreciated........
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-11, 09:48
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well, taking calcium is associated with calcification in the coronary arteries, so I don't take it. I take D3, selenium, magnesium and a few others.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-14-11, 13:01

Plan: Fatty meat
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 166
BF:11%
Progress:

Firstly you need to relax. Fretting over this stuff isn't going to help. It makes matters worse. Make time to exercise and time to relax. When you exercise it conditions your body to have more energy.
Don't fry in extra virgin olive oil. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?...ilytip&dbid=261 I think eggs fried in EVOO taste horrible. Fry in oils than can handle high heat, like lard.
Don't take calcium supplements unless a doctor tells you that you are deficient.
You will do far better by eating fresh meat and vegetables than you will by shoveling supplements down your neck. The one thing that the longest living communities around the world have in common is fresh food, not supplements.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-11, 20:29

Plan: Paleo (now)
Stats: 275/247/175 Female 5ft10
BF:
Progress:

what about eating more dark greens for calcium?

for energy, could you do some stretching or yoga in the morning?

could you take your MVI at a different time of the day?

just some thoughts.

me, i only take fish oil.

~stephy