Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 13:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/308/200
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi everyone!

I am working away at this eating plan and I am doing very well. I am going back to the doctor on Monday for my official "weigh in" (not for him, just for me, first time I weighed myself it was there, and I want to see how much I have lost, based on that scale in one month) Actually, the only reason I am going there is for my son's MMR immunization shot, but plan to weigh in on my own. I think I am doing great, have probably lost close to 15 lbs since I started and I am feeling fantastic.

Anyway, I have to go to Winnipeg to a teacher's conference next week and I'm freakin', 'cause, ya, i can go to the keg or red lobster or something for dinners, but what can I eat for breakfast and lunch! YIKES! I have gotten so used to preparing a week's worth of ready to eat low carb foods, that I'm not sure what I'll do for 6 days with no stove or fridge, (maybe a small hotel sized fridge if I'm lucky enough to get the right room!)

Any suggestions for easy to eat, no need to cook stuff?

Also I am drinking a lot of water, but every once in a while I get a flash of flaming red, boiling hot cheeks! It is so hot! I wonder if it might be caused by this WOE? Anyone else notice that. I'm pretty sure my 30 year old self is not having menopausal hot flashes, no hot looking men around, (lol) so I'm stumped!

Thanks for your help,

Mari
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 14:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi Mari,

Well you know you can do lunches and breakfast out too...hamburgers, salads etc.. leave bread out. Breakfast, eggs, bacon sausages.

I noticed hot flashes too, and I am only 43 yrs old, although my man is very hot...I'm use to it....hehehe

Could your monthly be on its way? Or maybe it is the woe, I never gave that one a thought!

Wendy

Oh gosh, forgive me.... Wendy is once again pooped...good luck on the weight loss and don't forget to post your success
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 15:04
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi Mari,

Glad to hear you're doing so well!! And feeling better about things too...

For breakfasts, try steak and eggs, extra-large omelets with ham, cheese and mushrooms, etc....... probably a big breakfast would help tide you through the coffee breaks, when everyone else will be snarfing muffins and donuts. Depends too if the lunch is provided with the conference. But a salad bar could be advantageous, as long as there was a good protein selection - roast beef, cheese, ham, shrimp, etc...

About the hot flashes. Two possibilities. One is, estrogen gets stored in body fat, so as you are burning up your fat stores, the hormone is being released into your system. This might explain too, why some of the other members are feeling a little more "PMS-y" than usual. Another factor, is that some of us - both male and female - have been obese for a while, with sluggish metabolisms, and slavishly eating the pasta and lowFAT. Now, we're feeding our bodies REAL fuel, lots of good protein, good fats. The fat's a burnin', the metabolism is rev'ed up!! It's like the oven cranked up to 450! Your liver, thyroid, everything is affected by the fat loss. Eventually your body will adjust.

Take care, and enjoy your time in Winnepeg ..

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-01, 04:03

Plan: protein power
Stats: 190/150/145
BF:
Progress: 89%

stick to your basics (eggs, steak, basic salad, etc.) and tell them to leave off the bread and potato and you'll do just fine!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-01, 17:46
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 220/199/140
BF:
Progress:
Default What great advice!!!

We will be moving in about 4 months, from Japan to the States. For 30 days we will be traveling to visit family we haven't seen in quite a while.... I will have to take this advice my self...
Please post back soon, and let us know how you did. If things were easy to order, places easy to find, ect....
Good luck to you!!!!!
DebbieT

PP since 3/27/01

220/206/140