Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 22:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/156/125
BF:
Progress: 23%
Unhappy can anybody help me get started ? need some pep talk here :)

Hi all,

Im new to the group, and am glad I found you guys. Although I want nothing more to be thin and fit into a nice swim suit this summer , it's been hard getting my feet off the group (err... my pounds off the belly ?? lol ) I tried Atkins last year and lost about 15 lbs in 3 weeks by going to the gym everyday. I fell through though, and gained it all back with a vengeance when I started University. Now I feel so discouraged and not ready to try this again. And I hate the taste of meat and such so induction is a struggle, having to eat gross cafeteria food ... you know what im talking about.

Anyways, I will be out of residence in less than 2 weeks, and I want to start off fresh and new.. even right now Im trying hard. I would like to be able to tell myself that I CAN DO IT, but its hard and negativity is getting in the way . I guess Ive always had a negative attitude since fad diets did nothing !

Can anybody help motivate me ? I would love some pep talk until the very last pound is shed. Ive hated this body for years and I think its time to start loving it .

Sometimes I feel that I can do it, and sometimes I feel my efforts are useless.

Love Carrie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 15:44

Stats: 200/182/125
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hey Carrie!

Since you don't enjoy meats, maybe you should look into the many other diets/WOE that are all around on this board! If you don't like what you're eating, it's really no incentive to stick with it, so I understand why you may have fell through. It's okay though! You CAN do it, and that's what you must tell yourself. If you don't feel you're ready.. maybe you should take some time to think about it and plan it out. That helped me. Anyway, I'm here if you ever need to chat.

<3,
Tara
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 20:21

Stats: 135/135/120 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good luck hun! We all need a second chance at this WOL sometimes
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 14:21

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!

Dang all of us here seem to be in about the same weight range!!! We all can do this!!!!!!!

What got me motivated was seeing how happy and self confident people are that are thin. I want to feel that way again and I AM going to do it and so can everyone here!!!

I know how you feel about being motivated and stuff. I have tried about 1,000,000 diets over the last year, sticking to each one for about a week and giving up. Now that I tried the atkins, the results are just amazing and SEEing resuls keeps me motivated!!! I know whats going to happen if I cheat so I try to load up on foods with little or no carbs at all!!!

Girl you can do it, and I will be more than happy to be here and talk to you every step of the way. I think having someone to talk to and NOT COMPARE, but to be able to share thoughts, feelings, and frustrations with really helps out. That goes for any of you!! I will be your official supporter

Good luck....you CAN do it!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 12:21

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

I was reading your post and for a second, it felt like I had written that post. I feel exactly the way you do, it sucks. I've tried atkins 3 times now each time failing... I need someone to encourage me (since no one at home agrees with it and doesn't want to help me).

Good luck, I know we can do this
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-11-03, 15:27

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!

something that helps me out is writing down everything i eat. I went and bought the cutest little notebook and at the top of every page I write what day it is of my diet #1, #2...etc. Then under that I write the date. It goes something like this.

Day 6
5-10-03

Weight
(only put this down once every 7 days)

Breakfast:

Omlet:
- 2 eggs (ammt of carbs)
- 1 slice of cheese (ammt of carbs)
- 1 slice of bologna (ammt of carbs)
Water

Total carbs: XXX

Then I do the same thing for lunch and dinner and any snacks I have. This gives you something to look back on to see how you progress and it keps me motivated when i look at the begining and see my start weight and see it go down as i go through the pages.

The induction is the hardest part I think. I am on day 6 and I am so sick of eggs I could puke. And I think if I have to eat any more cheese and meat Im going just gag! But Im just sticking it out and waiting for day 15 so I can have something different!!!!!! I think once that happens ill be fine. I just want a sandwich!!!! Is it so much to ask!!!!! lol

Sorry bou the long post..just thought I would share that with ya girls!

You guys have any secrets of your own please share them!!! I get bored easily so anything new will help!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 18:44

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

2 things I do when I feel bad...

1. look through a magazine with tons of models in bikinis and... damn, it motivates me completely. Then I lie down and listen to a CD and picture myself at the beach in a bikini looking perfect and feeling great. It definately helps.

2. log onto the site. reading the posts motivate me like I never thought anything could. I don't have ANY idea where I would be without this place. everyone has been so encouraging and sweet; it's great.

also, when I really have BAD cravings, I use a toothwhitener... you can't eat while you have that in your mouth, and 30 min later, I usually feel better. A nice big class of SF lemonade and maybe even SF jello really helps. good luck everyone
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 09:21

Plan: *Atkins*
Stats: 120/120/105 Female 5ft
BF:?
Progress: 0%

Hi...how are you?..im Michelle..i really need a carb buddy to help get me going if ur intrested in talking with me just write me in my journal!...
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-04, 13:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

i am here for anyone that wants a friend . hop over to my journal if you wanna talk .
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-04, 16:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 308/260/175 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi Carrie,

Here's a little message from a grandma -- please take care of your weight problem now instead of waiting until you're in your 50's because it is a whole lot easier when you are young and the time and fun you will loose really make it important. Just take it one day at a time HECK take it one meal at a time. There are a lot of people on here who will help you any way we can ----- even use older members. We remember what it was like to get through the fun years and all that we missed so I'm personally pulling for you. Anytime you want a chat just stop by journal and say HI --- I'll be a grammie for you online.

Have a great LC day and take care of yourself.

Deneen