Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-08-09, 18:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/266/185 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default LC Singles

Are there any single people out there?! I think it would be great to have a forum for single "teens" LC'n.
First off, I'm not trying to start a dating service or anything. But it seems most people here married and I know that can't be the case.

While it's great that they are married, single people have different reasons for losing weight, they have different pressures involved, and they don't have any spouse they can depend on for support.

I'm not saying it's harder, in fact we also have more time to dedicate to weight loss (saving single parents)

But this thread is for the single people I know there are.
how about we unite!

So, I guess i'll start with an intro
I'm Meghan and i'm 19. I'm currently in college majoring in General Business. I love to watch football, baseball and some UFC! I love spending time with my friends and family as well. My favorite thing in the world to do is laugh! I
ve had a few relationships over the years but i've never been able to hold a lasting relationship. I have low self-confidence and I know that has a huge effect on my love life. I'm hesitant when it comes to dating..
However, eventually I am going to try and tackle dating again, and it's a scary thing.

Who wants to share similar stories? Don't leave my hanging people

Last edited by MeghanGad : Sat, May-09-09 at 14:20.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-11-09, 21:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (when i started)
Stats: 370/218/205 Male 6 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Hello

Well im definitely not married so i guess ill make a post here.

Im 20, currently in college majoring in business administration with a focus on computer info. systems. I'm a huge MMA fan, not just the ufc, but many of the international promotions as well. Once I get down to my ideal weight I would like to start training jiu jitsu. for anyone who knows anything about MMA the legendary Gracie academy is in my hometown, I've always wanted to train.. but been too fat.. lol. I'm also a video game nerd and just like hanging out with friends most of the time.

I definitely developed a really low self confidence during high school, hoping weight loss will help me change that.

Anyways, good luck with the weight loss Meghan
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-12-09, 13:38
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Rob! Looks like we're the only singles on here..HA
I know that's not true..that's really great you love MMA.
It really is an awesome sport and I hope you do pick it up! I have a few friends who are local champs and my uncle is pretty successful worldwide.
That's cool you're a business major. I really have no clue what I want to do with my degree so I have no emphasis yet!
I can already tell you have a great personality so I wouldn't worry too much about finding a girl!
Good luck to you as well!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-12-09, 15:02

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi I am Meira.

I am not married and I am single . I have a really good guy friend ,which might turn into a boyfriend come next semester. Our friends keep telling us that we should just start dating because we are basically a couple without the title and are really close and people always ask if we are dating because we act like it .

Anyhow I am 21 years old , and am in college studying Elementary Education. I like hanging out with my friends , watching hockey games ,doing anything that involves kids , and I love playing with my dog.

I have always been self conscious , but I am a very outgoing person and I am slowly coming to terms with that I have to except myself for who I am.

Have a great rest of your Tuesday !
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-14-09, 14:46
Registered Member

BF:

Well hi Meira! Apparently there aren't many singles who want to post here! lol
But, hello anyway!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-09, 13:26
Registered Member

Stats: 330/216/190 Male 6 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hello.
My name is Chris I'm 19 and like long walks on the beach..

Just kidding.

But yeah, I don't post often(see my awesome post count?) but this post kinda struck a personal cord with me. I have been LCing since the end of August 08' and it seems to have worked pretty well. Anyway I can relate when you say single people have different reasons to lose weight. My key motivation behind this weight loss was to find the right person in the end. Every time I would see food that I know I shouldn't eat I would think that if I eat it, it puts me farther away from the person I want to be with. Now that I'm close to my original goal my motivation has kinda changed. Yeah, it still plays a big part in it, but now I do it because I feel the health benefits and that people look at me totally differently. I could go on about everything that has changed for me but I'm going to save that for my Success post. :P
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-09, 13:52

BF:

Great Job Chris! I think it is awesome that you stuck to a goal and are accomplishing it !
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-09, 13:57
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Thanks!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-09, 13:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 278/215/200 Male 73 inches
BF:

Very difficult to be committed to low carb and date. I have been dating a couple girls over the past few months and the diet seems to be something that they are offended by. It is very difficult to explain to someone why you cant have just one brownie or ice cream cone with them because you are on a diet. If there was a low carb dating web site i think that would be perfect and I would definitely join.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-09, 16:59
Registered Member

BF:

Ok I thought I has posted after Chris' post but I guess I didn't! Yes, good job! That's great!
And I agree gusman..it can be really hard to actually go out with someone who isn't LCing. I think there's strength in numbers so to date someone who was all on LC would be great! There would be no conflict of not eating at this place or not eating this thing..
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-09, 19:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 278/215/200 Male 73 inches
BF:

I have lost a lot of weight using this diet, but I am starting to think about reconsidering my stance. Dating and going out to eat go hand and hand. I wonder if there is anywhere I could search for people who are LC who want to date. Maybe searching a dating website under key words???
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-15-09, 14:46

BF:

That could work. It might take a little while to find someone on one of those sites , but I think that is a great idea. I personally have never used one of those sites , but it is worth a try.As for eating out I am always having to remind myself that life is a balance . If I go out to eat and want pasta/pizza/ a panera sandwhich or something that is not lc , then for lunch and breakfast I have to be more strict on what I eat because I know my dinner is going to be higher carbs.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jul-16-09, 14:58
Registered Member

BF:

The dating site idea sounds pretty interesting.. Sounds like money to be made.. Hmm.. Haha

Going out can be a hassle with LCing but usually I do what bluesfan88 mentioned.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 20:45

Stats: 239/185/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hello Im Valerie Im 18. Sorta in a relationship not sure if its the right one. I'm very outgoing. I LOVE hiking, working out, and going to concerts. Im still looking for someone perfect. I've been lC'ing for half of my life. I know this is the way I need to eat for the rest of my life in order to live and be slim. So hit me up If you wanna chat.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 08:31

Stats: 141/141/110 Female 63 cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi I'm 19 and I'm new here, and single haha.

I'm a ballerina

And just started to implement low carb ideas into my lifestyle today!