Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-15, 14:05

Plan: LC Paleo
Stats: 316/275/196 Male 72 Inches
BF:41%
Progress: 34%
Default Protein Power 2015

Hi everyone - just re finding my feet on here.

To give you some background I did Atkins in 2000 and lost 11 stone, im currently following Protein Power and keeping Atkins in the back of my mind as they are very similar in some aspects.

Protein Power makes most sense to me (thi sis coming from a big big Atkins fan) so I am running with that.

I have a lot to lose, I need to lose at least 7 stone to get back to where I was 6 years ago!

I will get there though.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-15, 10:46

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

I started with Protein Power years ago and I lost down to my goal weight, but I started to think I could go back to eating everything and anything I wanted again. BIG BIG mistake! I have tried Atkins and other low-carb plans since then, but have never been more successful than that first time.

Welcome and good luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-15, 14:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojolissa
I started with Protein Power years ago and I lost down to my goal weight, but I started to think I could go back to eating everything and anything I wanted again. BIG BIG mistake! I have tried Atkins and other low-carb plans since then, but have never been more successful than that first time.

Welcome and good luck to you!

Hi ya Mojolissa :-)

Thank you for your reply. Thats aamzing that you got to the target you were going for. Shows you have the determination to do it again.

Its interesting for me to hear from people that did well with it. I like you did PP originally and I also had discovered Atkins so I did Atkins with PP in mind..losing 11 stone doing so. I jus need to shake it up (which I have been ) now to get back to that weight again.

Thanks again, look forward to seeing hearing from you again in the future - good luck!

Stephen
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-15, 16:00

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Good to hear that they're writing another book. I found their approach very reasonable.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-15, 16:46

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

I'm glad to hear they are writing another book. When does it come out?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-15, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
Good to hear that they're writing another book. I found their approach very reasonable.

I agree - Its slightly more giving then Atkins.. dont get me wrong.. Im a big Atkins fan but Protein Power just has the edge for me.. and to be frank it works just as well for me.

I think the new book is coming out in the summer but this is a pure rumour I heard. There is a board in this forum that has about it as well.