Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-14, 23:55
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

I AM the Master of My Domain - 1 days[COLOR=Purple]

Messed up yesterday ... back on track today! WOOHOO!!

Liddie.. when is the wedding?

Mike
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-14, 13:36
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddioM

Liddie.. when is the wedding?

Mike
April 12th

MOMD day 11
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-14, 19:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

On day 4 and still doing well. I'm down almost 5 lbs since Sunday. Hoping to break through to the 170's (again) tomorrow.

Glad you are back on track, Miss A. That's where I messed up over the holidays. I had too many days in a row where I was eating off plan and it was hard to get back on it.

Liddie: Since you have a couple of months and have a "goal", you'll do fine getting into your dress. You may even have to get it taken in!

Daddio: Thanks for keeping this site going. I think it's really helping me stay on plan. I almost had a bite of something off plan last night, but didn't want to have to start over. This is exactly what I needed!

MOMD Day 4

Barb
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-14, 14:35

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 264/257/160 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Is it EVER!!!
Progress: 7%

MOMD Day 11
And I was even on a mini vacation!!!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-14, 18:40
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

MOMD day 12
I am doing well with back to induction so far, I just have to remember to stick to it.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-14, 22:36

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

MOMD 13 (2/6/14)

Still exercising..
Still playing with the same five pounds.

I was reading another thread on General. Wheat Belly and dairy. I have the book and am reading it now. Of course, now I will be looking for the dairy part! The thread was saying that dairy (cream, butter, cheese) raises insulin. Well, if that's true, it makes sense why I'm not losing. My insulin is probably kept too high. I used to drink my coffee black. I added cream to add fat. And I used to add a little butter to my veggies anyway, but now I add it to all of them to increase the fat content. Only, I might be raising the draw bridge and locking down all the exits... ACK!!

And of course I just made the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche. Well, that may be okay. It's for work. (c: If I'm lucky, there won't be any left over. And, I'm thinking I will start adding coconut oil instead of butter.

Congratulations on your engagement Liddie01!!! ♥♥♥

Quote:
Ms Arielle Back to day one for me. But I'm here , right?
MOMD Day 1

Arielle, You're absolutely right!! I can't tell you how many times I've started over...
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-14, 01:25
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddioM
I AM the Master of My Domain - 2 days

WTG y'all!!

Made it through another day... need to get to beddddzzzzzzzzzzz
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-14, 16:45

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 264/257/160 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Is it EVER!!!
Progress: 7%

MOMD day 12
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-14, 19:44

Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Still doing well and down almost 8 lbs since starting again on Sunday. I added vegetables back in today to my meat and eggs. The meat and eggs worked to cut the cravings to get me started, but I know long term I need vegetables and some variety to stick with it.

I got down into the 160's twice since I started LC in June but then went back up the next day. My goal is to remain MOMD until I get into the 160's and stay there or below. I am currently at 177.5.

Again, I love this challenge as it really makes me stop and think "do I really want to eat this and start over?" It has given me the power/control to make the right choices!

MOMD Day 6

Barb
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-14, 21:53

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Kon'nichiwa! Domo Origato!

Well, well...MOMD Day ... I haven't a clue! It has been a few weeks at the very least. I need to start keeping track of these things.
I weighed myself yesterday and am down a few pounds, but nowhere near where I wanted to be. Too many cheat days and basically just eating too much food. So tweaking it sown to a clean induction for the next 2 weeks...

So here is sit at 286.... Pathetic when I consider once I was down to 250 but not bad when you realize that in 2003, more than 10 years ago, I weighed 370 or so...

So how are all my fellow WONJereenos doing?

I am desperately trying to get my butt moving and exercising again. I have not put my butt on a bike seat in 3 months! I am going to set up the trainer and put one of my bikes in it this weekend. I am also going to pick up a Weider Home gym thingamajigger. It is pretty much their version of the "Total Gym"

I had planned on rejoining a Gym, but 800 dollars a year and no hot tub?!?!? Pfffft!

So I'll just work out at home and take hot bubble baths and enjoy it!

I am signing up for 3 or 4 mountain bike races this year and am involved with a Mountain Biking Team. Their goal is to bring new riders, especially kids into the sport. I am going to handle the internet media stuff for them. It's a good cause!

This time round, (well actually I never quit) I am following my WOE with no diet soda, no artificial sweeteners and no caca doody processed diet foods! It is so I cannot even stand the taste of them! I have had 2 diet sodas in the last 6 months or so and I could not even finish the one straight out of the bottle. The other 2 were a glass full of ice and whatever soda fit..and I still barely finished them. And I can't stand the taste, almost as much as the dry mouth and aftertaste!

All I drink is Iced tea, water (not tap water from here either!) and home made lemonade that has about 1/2 packet of Stevia per Quart of liquid!

Anywho...it is cold as #%^$$%$# outside and I am not much of a winter sports guy so I do little outdoors compared to the summer. I do still put on about 3 miles a day through the curse of walking around on my job.

Just a quick fly by to see that Number 5 is alive!

WONJ #10 saying, Peace out ya'll!

Last edited by ProfGumby : Fri, Feb-07-14 at 21:58.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-14, 21:56

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bthinner!
MOMD 13 (2/6/14)

Still exercising..
Still playing with the same five pounds.

I was reading another thread on General. Wheat Belly and dairy. I have the book and am reading it now. Of course, now I will be looking for the dairy part! The thread was saying that dairy (cream, butter, cheese) raises insulin. Well, if that's true, it makes sense why I'm not losing. My insulin is probably kept too high. I used to drink my coffee black. I added cream to add fat. And I used to add a little butter to my veggies anyway, but now I add it to all of them to increase the fat content. Only, I might be raising the draw bridge and locking down all the exits... ACK!!

And of course I just made the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche. Well, that may be okay. It's for work. (c: If I'm lucky, there won't be any left over. And, I'm thinking I will start adding coconut oil instead of butter.

Congratulations on your engagement Liddie01!!! ♥♥♥

Arielle, You're absolutely right!! I can't tell you how many times I've started over...

Try cultured butter or try Ghee and only eat raw cheese...and if you can find it, un homogenized or raw cream...I have to pretty much cut out all dairy other than cultured butter and raw cheese to get a good foothold after induction. Later I add in Kefir, real cultured sour cream and a little yogurt. Full fat and organic please...
Also I cook in coconut oil when possible and use the cultured butter for the awesome flavor. It is expensive (organic cultured butter) but it takes me weeks to eat 1/2 pound of the stuff!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-14, 22:17

That's one thing I do. I buy the Kerrygold. The label says "cream" I don't even use the salt one. However, it doesn't last me as long because everyone eats it. That's kinda my doing as I make sure it's out and they use it instead of the butter that has
"Ingredients: Cream, Natural Flavors" Really? What's the natural flavors? But, that was the best I could find for a long time.

I think there may be a farm in the county that will sell me (illegal) unhomogenized milk..
http://citruscounty.locallygrown.net/market/index/59102
Cream - Cow, Grassfed
Grower: Gaia's Creamery
Price: $8.00 ( 1 pint )
Available (Exact): 1
Raw cream Sold for animal consumption as per fl law.

Hey, I'm an animal...

Glad you inspired me to look. Thanks ProfGumby

Man... (whiney voice) The Market Managers have temporarily disabled ordering at this market.

EDIT to add: They email you on Monday night what is currently available and you order by email and pick up Thursday afternoon.

Last edited by 2bthinner! : Sat, Feb-08-14 at 07:13.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-14, 08:07

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Hi kids! Today is DD3! How 'bout that #1?

Had follow up diabetes class with nutritionist this week. I put on 10 el bees on thier scale since Jan 2012. EEK!

On their recommendation, I am trying to count carbs again. Based on their guide lines I'm supposed to eat more carbs (3-4 carb servings per meal) than most people on this site can imagine.

We will see how this goes. If I dont like it, I will switch back to counting WW points.

I am on day #8 of the 30 Day Plank Challenge. I urge any & all of you to give it a try. Your core will thank you.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%2330d...llenge&src=hash

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=687501617939505

I'll be impressed and slightly scared if I get boobs like hers though.

Also have to weigh in today for the Ton of Fun challenge. I gained last week. Hope I'm down this week.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-14, 11:10

Quote:
I'll be impressed and slightly scared if I get boobs like hers though.

Only slightly?! Of course, I know people who would be ecstatic. I tell them I'll share, but they don't seem to want to leave me.

I made a Lillyslim for MOMD! I don't have to track it as long as I'm MOMD!! (c:
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-14, 11:44

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bthinner!
...Only slightly?! Of course, I know people who would be ecstatic. I tell them I'll share, but they don't seem to want to leave me.

Well heck, they look impressive.