Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-14, 07:05
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
had a great few days.
Foodwise, had 2 dinners out but not a bump up on the scale- amazing!
Friday night changed my mind and had a glass of wine and berries for carb and skipped the bread.
Last night had salad, bbq brisket , 1 slice of texas toast, coleslaw and water. (DH had salad, friend chicken, mac and cheese, slaw, bread and a beer!)

Tonight I'm making wild Alaskan cod- a first. Going to have salad, grilled eggplant, the cod, and corn on the cob for my carb.
DH also got lots of fruit at the farmers market so I think he will have that. I will have a perfect peach or nectarine when thye are ripe.

Jandy, I don't know what the Hellers would do about a new list of CM veggies. I know they do NOT believe in net carbs and did not want to use that concept. I think if someone took a new look at their plan it would change.

Later-
E
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-14, 09:31

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Sorry to have been mia but it's been a busy couple of days. On Friday, my husband took the day off so we could go to an annual lavender festival we love to attend. I had TONS of walking, good amount of shopping <G>, and dinner out. My RM on Friday was:
1 small Caesar salad, a chicken sandwich (on ciabatta roll which I did eat) with chicken, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onions) and chocolate mousse.

Yesterday, more walking as we were out and about, and my husband took me out to dinner (this is my birthday month, so we go out more than usual..and the lavender festival is several hours from home, so we always eat out on the way home).
I had a small Caesar salad, one of their small plates - calamari steak strips (maybe 1-1/2 cups), coleslaw (not heavy on the mayo) - maybe 1/2 cup, and the best éclair of my life for dessert.

New one day low this morning! I am 188.5!! First time seeing the 188's and I don't care that I had slept in, it's still a new low.

Eating out on CALP can be done while losing!
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-14, 12:04

Plan: Unsure
Stats: 165/165/000 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Patricia, that is good to know. One day next week I will be eating all of my meals at restaurants. I am already contemplating how to do this without being tempted.
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-14, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandy01
Patricia, that is good to know. One day next week I will be eating all of my meals at restaurants. I am already contemplating how to do this without being tempted.

Plan, plan, plan. I always check out a restaurant's menu before going, and then run dishes through myfitnesspal to figure out my calories (just because of my using that for portion control..for someone on cad, just deconstruct - does the dish come with avocado = rm lettuce - part of your cm veggies, chicken breast - there is your protein and most restaurants use 6-8 oz. breast (per my observation/belief. Many restaurants will say in the dishes description - i.e. 6 oz. fillet, 7 oz. chicken breast etc.).

Breakfasts - when travelling if we went to a restaurant, just an omelet with veggies such as spinach and mushroom. Or two eggs hold the toast, small side salad.

I love travelling on calp..it's worked out really well for me!
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-14, 11:27

Another small weight loss for last week - .56 of a pound, but I met a mini-mini goal. My new average is in the 180s, and I had wanted to achieve that before the end of July.

I now officially have less than 50 pounds to go (to my more realistic goal of 140).

breakfast cm: 1 turkey Italian sausage (cm), 1 cup homegrown green beans, lightly boiled. Coffee with 1 oz. half and half.

lunch will be a turkey burger, baked and either more green beans or some cauliflower.

rm will be large salad with a garlic blue cheese dressing. Baked chicken breast with an African peanut sauce. Zucchini noodles. 1 homemade lemon lavender scone with rainier cherries, 1 tsp. butter. Coffee with half and half.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-14, 17:51
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Sounds great, Pat,

Dh is on a Mexican food kick to we went out tonight instead of my cooking. So I will have dinner for the next couple of nights set.

I had chips for my carb with a chile relleno and a chopped beef enchilada- hold the tortilla, rice and beans. I got lettuce and cabbage salad instead. Water to drink.

I have chicken sausages and ground beef for the next 2 nights.

Later-
E
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-14, 18:23

BF:

You ladies really have this diet all figured out.

If you had to guess at the amount of carbs you eat each day what would you say? I don't we don't have to count carbs but have you ever wondered how many you eat?
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-14, 10:18

BF:

Today is not going well at all. I caved. I am not sure what was different. The only thing I can think I did differently is exercise this morning before breakfast. It started with a low carb snack and I just kept snacking and then I was eating things that are high in carbohydrates. Not sure what is going on.
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-14, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandy01
Today is not going well at all. I caved. I am not sure what was different. The only thing I can think I did differently is exercise this morning before breakfast. It started with a low carb snack and I just kept snacking and then I was eating things that are high in carbohydrates. Not sure what is going on.

Well now you have a decision..throw the rest of today away, or be back on plan right now. Hit the cravings you have with your favorite proteins, plan favorite foods (balanced) for your rm for the next few days. Up the satisfaction factor with what you are eating.

You have to find what non-calorie things work for you. I love pepper, different mustards, fresh basil with a bit of cheese, cream cheese with diced kalamata olives as a spred with celery stalks.

It's as I have said - things changed for me when I found a way to make it work, instead of focusing on why it wouldn't.
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-14, 15:11

BF:

Thanks Pat for responding.

I went back to the book to read the parts about how this diet can manage insulin resistance. It is a grave reminder of the seriousness of having IR.

I am going to sit down and put together a list of CM foods that can get me through a cravings attack.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-14, 08:28

Default New one day low!

Finally! I saw a 187+ this morning - 187.4. I needed this.

Hoping for a whoosh week!

Here is what I had for my rm last night:
salad of 2 cups romaine, 1 scallion, 2 stalks celery, 2 cherry tomatoes, 1 serving of Litehouse Garlic Blue cheese. A 10 oz. (raw wt.) boneless, skinless baked chicken breast with 1 serving of an African peanut sauce. 1 cup homegrown, boiled zucchini. 2 servings of homemade (from a mix with nutritional data) lemon lavender cream scones with the addition of diced rainier cherries. 1 tsp. butter. 1 oz. half and half.

This was unusual for me to eat two scones, so yes, this was a rather large rm. I sense when I read it back that there is no way I will eat this much when I am 140
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-14, 18:04

BF:

Patricia I am so excited for you!!
Those scones sound delightful

Enomarb, hope things are going well for you this week.

Today was great! I stayed on plan. I have made it 14 days. These have definitely been learning days. Didn't lose any weight but that's okay. I need control first and foremost. I am pretty sure I overate at most of my RMs. Now I will be working on portion control with RMs. I will be making out my weekly grocery list tomorrow. I will definitely include some CM friendly snack items in case I get a case of the nibbles.

Today I cooked roasted cabbage for my CM. It was GREAT! Mmm...I almost ate all of it but it was half a cabbage. I am sure my stomach will thank me later.
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-14, 06:15
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Jandy, after the first 2 weeks I felt NORMAL for the first time in 15 years. I started feeling different when I was pregnant with my second child and was ignored by my doctors when I told them. It took me 15 years to figure out that I had become insulin resistant during that pregnancy. Now that I'm on CALP I'm managing that.

Good week food wise. Last night's RM: salad, chili with lots of beef and veggies (peppers and leftover eggplant), cheddar cheese on the chili, small pretzel roll for carb.
DH had 2 bowls of chili with rice, the roll and then a bowl of melon and probably a small candy bar when I left the room (he does the dishes).

Tonight he is out to dinner. I'm planning on having the same dinner tonight as yesterday! Yay leftovers!

The next couple of nights we are eating out, so I will have a salad, protein entrée, sub veggies for any starch, and will decide on my carb there.

Going to the gym soon-

later-
E
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-14, 12:03

Default One of my tricks is to use volume

I hate feeling hungry. I hate not having a "just right" - not overfull - feeling with my tummy.

So I use volume - soups, teas with my meal. Today's cm lunch is an example.

I used 4 oz. lean ground turkey (170 calories - if you're curious), with 1 serving (which is 2 cups) of shredded red cabbage, boiled with 2 cups or so water, bit of fresh lemon thyme, sprinkle garlic powder, some black pepper..cooked this into a soup. Yum and very filling. ps total calories for this meal - 195. Lot of bang for the "calories".
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-14, 07:59

Default New One Day Low!

Oooo..two of those this week..love it! My weight this morning is 186.1 (hate it when the scale says one number - 185.8 then changes quickly to the "real" number..even though 186.1 is awesome too!).