Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-05, 11:11

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Courgette (Zucchini) and Mixed Nuts Loaf

This loaf was a bit of an experiment - my low carb version of a recipe I came across the other day for a Courgette Loaf.

It turned out to have more of a 'cake' consistency, but I think that if I had perhaps substituted low carb bake mix for some of the nuts, then it probably would have been more bread-like.

If you would prefer it as a 'cake', then add more Splenda for a 'sweeter' version.

Courgette (Zucchini) and Mixed Nuts Loaf

Makes 2 x 900g/2lb loaves

3 eggs
275ml/9fl oz sunflower oil
3 tbsp Splenda
350g/12oz courgettes (zucchini), grated
200g/7oz mixed nuts – ground (Brazils, pecans, hazelnuts, etc)
100g/4oz almond flour (ground almonds)
150g/5oz walnuts, finely chopped
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and base line two 900g/2lb loaf tins with greased greaseproof paper. Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well to make a thick batter. Pour into the prepared tins. Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until the loaves are firm and a fine skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool the cakes a little before turning out and leaving to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the fridge and use within a week or freeze and defrost when needed.
Sponsored Links