Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2041   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-20, 07:27

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I think that is cool as heck dressing up ol' timey and doing that for people. I know Betty would love it and that is very cool. Give a spark to her day!!
I bet you are cute as a button in your little get up and hat with a feather etc, bet you pull that off well! I like it!

we are eating scraps today. Told hubby that today is everyone fend for themselves, don't eat that much cause tomorrow we got filet mignon and shrimp and that is enough food to focus on LOL omg I am to where I hate food dealings anymore

Jaz, yea my area is not covid crazy or infected where we aren't functioning mostly normal still here. So very lucky being more country this makes a big difference and so far so good around here. I know more people means more troubles but we got more cows and horses per acre then people around here

yea she can't wait for online school but I am so worried on social development and boredom and more but heck it is damn near all kids being effected so??? just muddle thru it all like everyone is best any one can do thru it

Our xmas gifts are way down this year. kid is asking for hardly nothing, don't want or need it, hubby and me need nothing......so I am cool with it now. Felt I had to stack up presents for the kid but in the end that is crazy, few great gifts she wants and done deal.

she always wanted a Ninja Smoothie juicer thing. $120, on sale for $100 and I got a 20% coupon and then when hubby went to get it he got another 5% off for that shopping day.....so the darn thing was like $75 in the end. She will love it, have to hit the grocery day before xmas and get a banana, some fruit, some who the hell knows, I don't know how to make a smoothie, will have to research a concotion and buy some produce/fruit for one for her to make HAHA She will be surprised by that present cause she asked a few years ago and I was like oh hell no, ain't going there making that crap, but now it makes a great second prez for her....

Nicco hope your beneadryl did the trick and ya feel better.
Your trip sounds wonderful.
and yea I am wondering on the next year coming and school and things functioning etc.....but at some point I have to not think about it LOL

off to mom's today for shop and visit
I am gonna shop from her list before I get there and bring it up. gonna rain soon and mom don't want out in the rain.

taking kid with me also. told her with no school happening for the next like 8 months of her life and being IN THE HOUSE she has to get out and about sometimes with me. So dragging her along today to 'get out' of the house!
Told her we are gonna do some shorter type hikes. Knee is still off and she don't want long hikes now so will do some shorter walking trails around here 'to get her azz out of the house' and benefit me and doggie as well of course.
I am gonna have to be some kind of 'kid social activities' director in some fashion....shoot me HAHA but it is my kid, I will deal

zc going well. get thru Nov. here and I am gonna do ALL BEEF for December. I function best on it, I wanna go all in with steaks only or chuck roast kinda meals and see what results/benefits/ whatever comes down from that.

eh, gives me a focus. why not right HAHA

over and out and be good all
Sponsored Links
  #2042   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-20, 08:50

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Back again.....

Blew my DD....sigh. Getting up at 4:30, doing grocery shop, by 9 o'clock I was starving! Said the he!! with it. It is hard for me to fast when it's cold. Wishing I would have just had coffee with cream and MCT oil instead of cheese, but what's done is done. I'll try again some day. What I need to do is go strict Keto/Carnivore for a bit, then fasting will be easier. Ate too much sugar yesterday which set me up for hunger today. Bad girl!

Trig.....your DD will love the Ninja! I can't wait to hear what she thinks. Good deal on it for you too! Gotta love a good sale.

I'm waiting for a sale on golf clubs. I'm going to buy myself a new set when I find the right deal. I only want a partial set, I have a driver and putter that I like. It'll still be $700 - $800 at least, and that is one of the cheaper options. I've never had a new set....just individual clubs here and there and sometimes they were bought used. Time to splurge on myself!

I'm out! Bye!
  #2043   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-20, 15:53

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies!!!!!!
I love the posts!!!!! I just love that everyone is sorta doing their own thing!!!

Lori- Enjoy Betty tomorrow. I know she is excited to have you, and the ham loaf!!!!!! So sweet!

I get the hungriest! Do not beat yourself over a pieces of cheese!!!!

YES splurge on new clubs!!!! Do they matter in the game. Meaning to they "go bad"?!?!?- I dunno I would assume you get used to what you have. But hey I don't know.

This year is the year you grab joy where and when you can.
How is hubby doing these day? Is he working from home yet as the weather is changing?

Trig- I love you are getting the kiddo a ninja. My DD wants one too- I might look into it. I will hit up amazon, my go to. I hope they have sales!!!

There is a part of me that wants to do an all beef Jan. with you. I am thinking about it. I do like fish so I might modify it...... Oh wait....that is pretty much all I am eating anyway!!!! HAHAHAH
I love beef, and seafood.

Yea Christmas is going to be be slight for me too! Really what do we all really need? Food, water, shelter, love., Bingo done. Maybe some small gift for the littles and over it. NOT doing it this year.

Yea you kiddo is going though what ALL the kids are experiencing this years thoughout the country. They are going to shape the world going forward. This is molding them, for better or not. It is what it is.
Thankfully your kiddo has a great place to call home and all her needs met in this time!
I have been seeing mom's drag their kids to food banks and it makes me sad! Puts life into perspective.

NIC- OMG I cannot wait to see your Graceland pic's!!!!! We/I want details!!!!!
I am very happy you are not cooking entire time. Your menu sounds amazing!!!!!!

I hate you are still dealing with that sinus. I bet you caught a low level cold as your son/and hubby had one. URGHHHHHHHHH

When is Zoo?????? Are you getting rain?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Yes so I decided I am going to go to my mom's. I am going to have to be so on guard with my mouth. I can do it one day right?!?!?!?! hahahahah

She is having the "traditional" meal. MEH....... I don't like any of it. I haven't had poultry in almost a year. Then add Carb overload- I need a plan. I am going to take some crab legs and scallops. I just can't do it- a visceral thing...........

They can have it. I will bring my own side too......fresh green beans. They asked for CANNED are you kidding me?!?!?!?! - oh well. They had canned for 1.18 for two, then I will drench it in CANNED mushroom soup and top it with FRIED onions. ACKKKK

I will have fresh, and seafood. Just can't....... which is fine- they eat theirs I eat mine and we all good.
I will help mom put up tree. That should make her happy.

I had a phone interview today. It was really good. I was told I am too over qualified for the position I applied for and my resume is being passed up the chain for a higher position. It will be remote- BUT I might have to be in NC.
So I am supposed to hear from them on Monday. So everything sorta up in air- no problem, they sound like they really want a good fit. I am hopeful- but not off the chain as I need details.
I was so very honest in my interview. She really loved my honesty.

I am very good at what I do........ But I know my limits and what I will and won't do at this point.

Ok........
WOE......... WHOOT........ 7 carbs today............. Still doing OMAD.

I will check in before I leave tomorrow........

Today was a goal day on Wall Street. I have goals now for that...... yup.......
  #2044   ^
Old Thu, Nov-26-20, 06:12

BF:

Good Morning!

Happy Thanksgiving.....let's make the best of the situation we're in.

I stayed in bed till 6:30 this morning. Gabby got me up at 11:15 last night to go out, so I had many hours of undisturbed sleep......it was wonderful!

Jaz....I hope you enjoy at least part of your time with Mom. Bite your tongue and smile sweetly. Your plan for food sounds fabulous. Much better than the traditional "stuff".

Trig....I know your menu is awesome too! Then you and DD will "deck the halls"! Have fun!

Nic.....Enjoy your family time in Memphis! We're all dying to know all about your Graceland adventure. Hope your cold has gone away.

--------
I don't have much to do until this afternoon and then all I have to do is put the ham loaf in the oven around 2. I'll make Betty's sweet potatoes right before we take her dinner around 4. I did buy a frozen cherry pie to make for DH. I'll bake that this morning. I bought pumpkin for Betty, but DH loves his cherry pie.

Tomorrow we have our dress up day(sigh), and then Saturday and Sunday, I'm playing golf. Sunny and in the 50's? Yes please! DH kind of wanted me to do the dress up thing again on Saturday, but I said sorry....just can't pass up a day of sunshine on the golf course. He's fine with it. Truth be told, I think he'll discover that one day of dressing up and standing in front of the old house is more than enough.

Enjoy your days!
  #2045   ^
Old Thu, Nov-26-20, 08:38

BF:

Happy Thanksgiving 2020 style.....whatever that looks like this year.
I am hopeful that by this time next year this is a faded memory! 2020- But I doubt it will ever be a year any of us forget.

Lori- Enjoy your day with Beatty and "dress up". That cracked me up!!!

Yea you get a weekend of golf in! I would take it over stuffy situations any day. Plus we don't know how many nice days are left!!! We need to enjoy them while we have them.

Trig/Nic- enjoy your day!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------
We had a doozy of a storm last night....and another one early this morning and I had problems getting back to sleep about 4-5. Sighhhhh
Makes for a long day.

IS anyone else wishing this day would be just "OVER"? Maybe I am the only one that is not into uncomfortable "family" get togethers.

I have thought more about the upcoming Monday interview and sorta excited about it. I will see how it plays out. I have been down this path before!

Not much else happening. I splurged on a new magazine 9.99, I know for a MAGAZINE!!. But I am sorta hooked on Joanna Gaines magazines. They are so thoughtful and real and motivating to just be better in life, and slow down and smell the flowers! So I am taking that with me today.

Will check in later!!!!
Be well and have a wonderful day!!!!!
  #2046   ^
Old Thu, Nov-26-20, 14:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all have a great day. Hugs to those missing family members and wishing they could be together.

Lori, glad your BIL was receptive to not coming. I think most of us are experiencing that in some capacity.

I love that you are going to be dressing up! How much fun is that, and such a unique experience and thing to do!

You wrote "Blew my DD" and I was SO CONFUSED. lololol

Jaz, I hope your visit with your Mom goes well and stays civil. Fingers crossed! I know you will be missing your kids and GKs.

Trig- I think it is great that you are so aware of making sure that your DD gets out- to exercise, to get out of the house. Inertia breeds inertia, as we all know.

I bet she loves the Ninja, and you got a good deal on it!

•••••••••

So let's see, catching up..

We all agree that we are glad we came. We have had a good time. The condo has some good points and some not-so-good points (internet SUCKS) but the family time has been great. Dh, DS22 and I went to Graceland on Tuesday and it was practically ours alone. They had the xmas decorations up, and I was told they expect up to 3k people a day.. if we saw 100 I would be surprised. We masked up of course but it was awesome and safe. Wednesday the kids and I went to the Memphis Zoo. Again, masked up and uncrowded. We loved it.

Today we have been hanging out, playing Around the World on the ping pong table. Three kids went to Gibson's Donut shop (local Memphis fave) and we had a ranked donut taste-off. That was a ton of fun too. Planning for our modified T-day meal around 5:30.

I leave tomorrow. I'll put in two 7 hour days driving back. The others fly in by Saturday evening.

Wildly off plan and in vacation mode. I will need to get back on track for sure upon my return!

Hugs, all. Grateful for you!
  #2047   ^
Old Thu, Nov-26-20, 15:22

BF:

Nicco so happy and so glad your vacay was all in good mode and everyone having fun and ya got Graceland darn near to yourself!!

Lori, 1 day in ol' timey garb is enough HAHA I get ya on that and with Tday it is kinda truly a 1 day holiday ya know

Jazz, yea I get ya on mags. Kid needed like national geo for project on a mag I was gonna was like $29.99 for a friggin' year of mag with national geo off the rack and I said to the guy, are ya kidding and he said no and I said, online article is free and we went that way. HOLY so I get it but every now and then I buy a mag for mom cause she is a mag lover but they are going bye bye for sure and mags will be all but over with the 'online' looks like almost anything printed will be over....end of eras for sure.

Enjoy your moms and if weird, run LOL I would do just that, have fun til it ain't and flee HAHA

HI ALL

we are decorating full speed til kid went 'I am on break' but got alot out of her and we had fun.

finishing off the little bit of outside decorations we have

all great hear.

filet mignon and shrimp with roasted veg/tater skewers and since hubby is only one who loves sweet taters, one is slowly cooking for him later. will eat around 7 since no one is truly hungry.

all fab today, all fun, all cool and chill, just the way I love it
  #2048   ^
Old Thu, Nov-26-20, 17:39

BF:

Quick check in until tomorrow.

So far so good!!!!!!- I caved and really did eat a real thanksgiving meal. I pretty much did and kept the portions in control....... but not what I wanted. I don't feel "stuffed" and truly no snacking no dessert. Just one dinner plate and done.

Tomorrow back on ZERO carb or dam close to it.

Sounds like you all having a great day. Leaving here shortly-

Check in tomorrow. I deflected and just let it roll.

Save travels NIC!!!!!! I guess I am confused on everyone coming separate...... no matter........ I am glad you had a great time.

Trig- love you went all holiday out!!!!!!! That had me rolling!!!!!!
Hey I am doing a beef/fish going forward. I know you are doing just beef. But I do love my tuna, and love my crab legs. But I am truly tightening it up.

Lori- - how was dinner with Betty? Updates!!!
-----------------------------------
I also need more walking but my foot is giving me fits the last two days. I read it can take up to a good year to heal this injury. URGHHHHHHHHH

Makes me think of Lori and her wing!

PS how many of your husbands watching football? HAHAHAHAH

Till tomorrow-
Be safe and enjoy your evening- all is well
  #2049   ^
Old Thu, Nov-26-20, 17:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all!!!!!,

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you dear, dear ones. It is a different Thanksgiving for us for sure, but we have zoomed our ever lovin' out today w/son and family, and I kind of feel like we've been partying all day.

I need to read back a bit and get caught up, but couldn't think of a better way to get my toes wet again than to wish you guys blessings and a lovely day, one way or the other.

Gee. This sure does feel good---to be back in the saddle again---hey Trig? Haha, I'll never get over the horsey metaphors if you're around.

XOXOXOXOBlue
  #2050   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 05:07

BF:

Jaz, glad you had a great time and deflected. that is what life is right? bob and weave around the BS when we need to and in the end ya had a decent day! Cool.

you ate a real meal? oh my LOL sounds like tho you are gonna buckle down and get yourself 'on a plan' and that is key of course. Just pick your plan and hold it but one meal ain't gonna kill ya so you are good to go forward and yes, I am beef and don't 'do fish' like you. I wish I liked salmon and fresh tuna steaks all that but I don't. I will do canned tuna but I can't live on it, it has to be the beef to hold me.

you got that plantar F thing on your foot? hubby had that and yes it can take a very very long time for healing. Like when I wrecked my ankle tendon. omg like 2 friggin' years of misery to heal that thing and some stuff can easily sideline ya. I wish it wasn't so bad for you. Just ease off and let the thing heal, more ya do push it the more it just gets worse. I think for that plantar f thing hubby got different sole inserts for his shoes for PF troubles. I think they helped.....been a while on that for him but he did heal it up but took a long time too. hang in there with that nasty trouble

Nicco, I know you are having a blast still!

Lori, how did your dress up day go...bet it was fun in the end but like ya said, 1 day is enough of that You got golf today right, we are raining here.

Blue, HI. Happy Tday back at ya! Glad you had fun zooming with family and you had 'a party day' from that. Cool. Bet you and hubby made good food too

It is amazing how many 'horsey' references there are out there in the world but glad you are back in the saddle again!! :P

Hey all
filet mignon and shrimp was delish. the shrimp were over the top, the 3 of us attacked them like maniacs LOL

today is some of this and some of that.

rainy weather. icky.

the little christmas RV ornament is blah. Cute as ever in daylight, at night you light it up and it is just a circle blob of lights, you can not tell what that thing is at all. oh well. I like when you can tell what an outside ornament decoration is ya know but this one is just there, lighted up little blob HAHA eh, whatever

all good and house is so quiet with everyone sleeping still. I love a quiet morning tho.

will see if we 'do anything' diff. today or not. might be just a kinda boring day in the end...we shall see.
  #2051   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 06:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Sounds like everyone had a good day. I actually got out for a 2 mile walk before starting dinner. My hamstring was not happy about it, but felt better as I went. I'll be walking the golf course tomorrow and Sunday.

Trig....dress up day is today! DH thinks there will be lots of Black Friday shoppers downtown and that they will stop and talk and comment on our garb etc. I think he's wrong. People will cross the street to avoid passing by....these are the pandemic times we're living in. Add to that...Betty's house is not near any of the shops where people might be. It is sort of at the end of the shopping district. Whatever, I said I'd do it, so I'll dress up and stand there like a goober for a couple hours.

Your dinner sounds yummy.....I could dive onto a pile of shrimp right now....it's been ages.

Blue....so awesome to have you drop a post on the thread! Thank goodness for the Zoom connection for families this year.

Nic.....so awesome that you got to experience Graceland and the Zoo with no crowds! You'll have to give us some highlights of Graceland when you get home and have time to post. Wishing you safe travels home.

Jaz....no worries about 1 off plan meal. I had a piece of pumpkin pie yesterday..it was good, but I don't need any more. The biggest splurge for me this week was the stuffing casserole I made on Sunday....geez I love stuffing with gravy! Glad things went well with Mom.....I thought you were staying till Friday, but I guess it sounds like you drove home Thursday night. You got thru it!

--------

I'm easing into my day with coffee and will have a LC lunch before we go play dress up. Sigh....just shoot me now. I'm doing it for Betty & DH, but I fear they will be severely disappointed in the interest and interaction.

I may get out for a walk this morning....we'll see. It is very warm for a late November morning.

I keep thinking this is Saturday....totally messed up with my days. Just so I remember to go to the golf course tomorrow!

Later!
  #2052   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 08:23

BF:

Good Morning and moving along in the holiday season.

Lori- Have fun with "dress up". Tell me why you are having to stand there for hours?!?!?! Because her house is historical? How was dinner last night with Betty?

Trig- Yup like Blue- back in the saddle!!!!
So, yup I am shopping for PF- insoles to put in my shoes because my left foot is killing me. I found a pair on line and also going to order a pair of new shoes as well. Yes we all have "something" at our age don't we.....HAHAHAHAHAH

So you pretty much only do beef anyway......... I am filling up freezer with new round of steak!!! I had a tenderloin I left at my mom's trimmed and cut and packaged. Her husband does it- or course I paid to have it done! Nothing is free. HA
So anyway starting off Holidays with fresh crab and steak in freezer!
Back on track!

Blue- So nice to finally have you "back!!!- that is a blessing. You come and hang out and get back on plan when you are ready! No pressures.

Nic- you home yet?
----------------------------------------------------------
So I am still here.... I was getting ready to leave here last night and was so tired and the weather was crappy, and we didn't yet get to the tree. So I did spend the night, I was exhausted. READY TO GO HOME! HA

So this morning I will help with tree and run a few errands here and then head back to Athens.
Sun is out this morning and storms have moved out. Cooler this morning.

Feel good to be "back on track". I think those carbs did me in! I know why people sleep after Thanksgiving dinner- GEEZE..... I even had a "normal" plate, no seconds, no dessert. It knocked me out! HAHA
Oh well new day.

WOE- Tonight, steak/shrimp. YUM!

Back later!!!!!-
Have a wonderful day!
  #2053   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 17:28

BF:

Evening check-in.

Sent you all an email with a picture of us all dressed up. As I said in the email, town was dead so we didn't stand outside for long. Thought you'd get a chuckle out of the pic.

Jaz.....hope you had a good trip home after helping Mom with her tree.

Nic....I know you had a long day of driving today and have another one tomorrow. Hope you can get a good night's rest tonight.

Trig & Blue ...hope it was a good day!

One of these days I'm going to get back on track with my WOE, but it sure wasn't today. Tomorrow is another day to give it my best instead of just saying the he!! with it! Disgusted with myself to tell you the truth. Sigh.......

DH is all beside himself because tomorrow is the first day of Deer season(rifle). It's funny how excited they get. I had to set the alarm for 4:45AM so he is sure to be up and ready to go.

It's been a long day and it's only 6:30. I'm ready for bed!
  #2054   ^
Old Fri, Nov-27-20, 21:55

BF:

Hey ladies-...dot........
Stupid post..... deleted...... too much wine and song.........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Nov-27-20 at 23:41.
  #2055   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 05:35

BF:

Lori, I read that and will run to email right after posting thanks for sharing a pic.....and sorry the town was kinda dead in your area.....couldn't show off your garb as much but you guys tried!!

Yea get back on plan for sure. Don't even do EOD. Just do your normal low carb eating....once ya got that under your belt you will feel so much better but I tell ya, 'tis the season' for alot of food around us and wanna party up wtih some beers and more, I sure get that. Just grab onto your socks and go for the lc ride again! You got this!

Lucky DH....bet he has a blast. Hubby is sad with no hunting potential right now. But he is still trying to get in with that guy at that hunt club, will see on it. He is working alot so that is taking his mind off it tho!

Jaz, you home or there getting a tree to decorate? or did ya get the tree done and are at home now? heck I don't know where you are at this point HAHA

Hope you did have a good time tho! Let us know, saw ya lost a post and boy that stinks.....write up a new one and let us know what is doing

Hey Nicco, out having a great time on vacay! Cool!

Hey Blue, ya back yet for real?

All going well.
holding zc very tight. I kinda had darn 'jealousy cravings' again last night. Hubby bought fancy candy at some point and last night he drags out this bag of goodies and he and kid get all into it, tasting this new thing and that and I was like darn azz jealous. But I got over it It is that being in the middle of others just ohhing and ahhing over darn crap and they have smiles on their faces and have a common thing and I feel left out but hey in the end I don't need bonding over piles of sugar LOL So got thru ok but darn it.....damn holiday season. Regular life is tough enough sometimes, darn holiday season brings out all that crap candy and such....boo
oh well....solider on

got 2 nice NY Strip steaks for today.
eat one later and have another with chicken? or shrimp? or who knows but I will pair up the second steak with something to make it a combo.

all good here.
rain again last night. so dreary, damp, dank, dark, wet, icky, COLDer and just friggin' crap weather. And it makes me feel just let I wrote above.

Jaz get your butt to St Simon and don't look back! sun and beach....yea....what we got now, this crap weather, NO NO HAHA

nothing much doing today.
hubby to head into work.
me and kid, hmm, whatever. she didn't go to bed til like 3/4?am so won't see her for a long time LOL

over and out and be good all