Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 08:32

Plan: undecided
Stats: 245/239.5/150 Female 5'3" or 5'4" not sure
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
Don't back up! Stay here!

You were working out too long before, and probably doing too much cardio.
Really, it's the weightlifting that does the trick, and only for an hour at a time.

I would hesitate to do any form of carbup until you start lifting, but when you're ready to take this step, drop me a PM and we'll see what we can do.

Good luck

- Built

Thanks Built! Actually I lost a major part of my gluteal muscles doing all the cardio.. I was toned but ... jeez. My legs were good though. Yes, that was many years ago..

I know weights can do a lot, I just don't have access to a gym. I am in the process of just trying to lose fat weight, on Atkins. Did I say, I am not too sure I can continue on this forever? I'm afraid to leave the induction stage.. but I feel like I am missing out on a lot. I'm not much of a junk food eater, very rare. I'm allergic to lots of foods (most summer fruits, nuts, shrimp) and every once in a while I'd like to have a normal meal!

I want to be able to maintain fitness internally and sculpt externally. I'm a long way off... I am pretty sure there isn't much I can do .. is there?

Well, I think I'm a problem child, so I don't know if any of this will work. Reading the extique site reminded me that there are a lot of things out there that I don't know about keeping a body fit, aside from straight excercise and what is purported to be a good diet. What wAS yesterday, has likely been improved on Today as far as fitness and shaping techniques go.... at least a few times over.

I'll try to get to goal and then get back to you Built... maybe there is hope for me yet.

MissB
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 08:45

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

*bouncing up and down with glee* I go back to the gym tomorrow. I go back to the gym tomorrow! Gonna hurt like heck come Wednesday or so, but my supps should arrive by then. *Friday lays in wait for the UPS man* Vacation, conference, then exams and I haven't lifted for about two weeks. Eeek!

Cheers,

Friday