Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-13, 09:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Scale moving but inches are not....

I guess when you have this much weight to lose you can't really expect 10 or 20 pounds to have much of an impact on overall body "size" but I'm still disappointed! Especially since I'm going to a wedding in three weeks and ordered a dress in size 3x and am now not at all sure that I'll fit (well) in it by then, as my clothing size doesn't seem to have budged for the last 20 pounds. Is that just the way it is, or could I be doing something wrong?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-13, 13:13

Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Sounds pretty normal to me.
I'm down 26 pounds from my restart weight and I'm still in the same size, they just went from tight to loose. I tried on the next size smaller, and I'm not there yet, way too tight. But I am down 2.5 inches in my waist. During my first round of LC, I lost an inch in my waist and hips for every 7-10 pounds. So I figure I need another 10 pounds off before the next size is wearable.
My first round of LC, I lost about 50 pounds before I bought new clothes. And ended up buying 2 sizes smaller than when I started.

I added some links for sizing charts.(as a general example. The US doesn't standardize sizing) You'll notice that the span of inches a size covers decreases with size. One needs to lose 2 to 4 inches to move to a lower size when in plus sizes. As you get closer to goal, the sizing changes more rapidly.

http://fashion.about.com/blpluschart.htm
http://fashion.about.com/blmissychart.htm
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-13, 10:34

BF:

That's what I figured. I still have to figure out the dress though - there are no decent plus size stores where I live so I can't really order another one. I wonder if shapewear would help bridge the gap of about half a size?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-13, 22:49

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

VERY normal to have no clothing change for the first 20 lbs or more if you have over 100 lbs to lose. I've lost 45 lbs and there are still people who don't notice. I didn't lose any sizes (clothes just fit better) until recently. It's the annoying part but you'll get there! I am not sure what size you started or how your body is proportioned but I am 5'2" 218 and I can barely wear a 3X dress. I also carry a lot of weight up top. I hope you are able to fit your dress!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-13, 12:19

BF:

Yeah - right now 3X is tight and 4x is loose. Funny about your size...I wonder if clothing sizes are that different between U.S. and Canada?? I'm a few inches taller and most of my weight is in my hips, so maybe that makes a difference.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-13, 09:15

BF:

Blah.. Scale moving up a bit. Back up to 295 - and although I'm not letting it discourage me, I've given up all hope of that dress fitting right in less than a month. I've ordered a size 4x and just hope it gets here on time!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-13, 17:10
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Yeah no one likes to see the scale go up. Just remember that is temporary. Keep plugging away at it and it will go down again

Ordering clothing it is tough. This summer, my hubby wants to go to the beach like we always do. I told him I don't know what to do. #1 the sagging skin might be more pronounce. #2 I don't know what size I will be. Try finding a bathing suit in the mid to end of summer. Not doable. Fall clothes are starting to come out by the mid to end of summer, like I found out last year.

You think well I will order multiple sizes. The darn things cost over $100 a piece...

Might just have to do shorts and a shirt to go into the water and I hate doing that. Cause you have a bra on and then under wear and it takes forever to dry.

Ugggggg!!!